Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Beefed Taco

Notices

Beefed RTT (roof top tent) Safari Rack

Old 05-30-2009, 08:04 PM   #1
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Beefed RTT (roof top tent) Safari Rack

When Rick (pray4surf) PMed me about building a rack for his tent I knew this would be a cool project. He had certain requirements like his truck still being able to fit in the garage, room for the tent to be moved in different positions, and bars that are just above it to be able to carry the surf boards with the tent on, or protect the tent if he were to hit a tree branch or something. (the removable rear one isn't on there yet)

He's going to go test it out in Big Bear soon and that makes me jealous. I'm trying to get him to let me put some shovel and light mounts on it......
(maybe when he comes home) I almost crawled up into the thing and took a nap, it's SWEET in there!
Attached Thumbnails
Beefed RTT (roof top tent) Safari Rack-rtt00003.jpg   Beefed RTT (roof top tent) Safari Rack-rtt00015.jpg   Beefed RTT (roof top tent) Safari Rack-rtt00007-1.jpg   Beefed RTT (roof top tent) Safari Rack-rtt00011.jpg   Beefed RTT (roof top tent) Safari Rack-0907-1.jpg  

Beefed RTT (roof top tent) Safari Rack-0907-2.jpg   Beefed RTT (roof top tent) Safari Rack-0907-3.jpg  
Old 05-30-2009, 08:23 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
nice job!

thats one of them crazy 4wd prerunners!
Old 05-30-2009, 08:36 PM   #3
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
nice job!

thats one of them crazy 4wd prerunners!
And you have a good eye. He swapped in the 4x4 parts about 1 year ago and invited forum members to come by and hang out. He's a good dude and his truck is pretty equipped, all the way down to the on board air.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:38 PM   #4
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
That's so friggin cool. Nice job!
Old 05-30-2009, 08:39 PM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
And you have a good eye. He swapped in the 4x4 parts about 1 year ago and invited forum members to come by and hang out. He's a good dude and his truck is pretty equipped, all the way down to the on board air.
i just recall his building it on ttora...iirc his daughter is pretty smokin hot too

he's done an incredible job with that truck...i think his and jamie (sarsquid) have the 2 best trucks on TTORA
Old 05-30-2009, 08:57 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Thanks alot man, I'm stoked on the turnout. It's been on my list for my Chevy for a long time.

Yeah, I don't think he's on here much if any. As for your 2nd comment....you are 100% correct! I hope he doesn't see this, but yes, she even invited me to stay for dinner when I first met him (the fam is very cool & inviting) and she really made it hard for me to concentrate on the build he was proposing!!!!!

i dont know that ive ever seen him here...i think he sticks to ttora and maybe CT...

you def did a good job with the rack though...looks sharp as hell the way it sits below the cab line...esp once the tent is in place
Old 05-30-2009, 09:05 PM   #8
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post

i dont know that ive ever seen him here...i think he sticks to ttora and maybe CT...

you def did a good job with the rack though...looks sharp as hell the way it sits below the cab line...esp once the tent is in place
yes you are right, and thanks man. He needed it to fit into his garage still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Awesome work Beefed- I was pondering what it would take to mount a tent like that.
honestly...not much. Just attention to the bends, making a bunch of plates (there are small plates under the bed rail too) and getting the angles right for the mounting of the tubes. I made this affordable for him.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:07 PM   #9
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
First of all, nice work!

Secondly; you got any info on that single cab in the background?
Old 05-30-2009, 09:21 PM   #10
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks and yep, it's my 99 with 5/7 drop and it's kept stock under the hood (2.4) with the exception of a Injen / K&N intake. It's running a pretaco rearend to tuck my 18" x 9" rear Cobra replica wheels +36 offset with 255/35/18 and has a great daily ride thanks to the many parts I make & sell for dropping the mini's. Fronts are 225/40/18 on a 7.5" +45 wheel. I appreciate the interest.
Well done, sir. Why don't you make a build thread for that? I'd be interested in seeing more of it.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:24 PM   #11
cstainton will become famous soon enough

cstainton's Tacoma Gallery
That thing is BAD A$$!!!!!
Old 06-02-2009, 11:50 AM   #12
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
Well done, sir. Why don't you make a build thread for that? I'd be interested in seeing more of it.
I'll do this in the street section soon. I'm stoked someone here is into the pre 05 mini's!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #13
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
Stupid hurts.'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stupid hurts.
Quote:
Thanks for your positive comments everyone. It feels great to get some cool stuff done up with some of the new tools I've purchased lately. I'm going to get Stupid Hurts down now and get serious on some cool shiznit for the 05+.

Haha, Brian speaks the truth!

My truck has come a long ways since you last saw it.

The RTT looks awesome! Great work as always, Brian!
Old 06-02-2009, 09:39 PM   #14
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
and yet...im still waiting for the first gen sliders..
Old 07-08-2009, 12:20 PM   #15
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
SARSquid also likes to post over at expeditionportal.com too. I love his setup.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:20 PM   #16
RacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Adamo
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
any chance of seeing this thing in action? or some pics that work? haha... Im sad! But def. want to check it out.

Adamo
Old 03-31-2011, 01:42 PM   #17
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Yea this sounds sick! But no pics? Come onnn
Old 04-03-2011, 10:42 PM   #18
RacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Adamo
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
we want pictures!!!!!!!

we NEED the pictures.....

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

yes?

Adamo
Old 04-05-2011, 05:54 PM   #19
Taco Vending Machine

I appreciate the interest. I'm short on time but here a few...

Old 04-05-2011, 05:57 PM   #20
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
that is sick as f**k! nice work!