Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Beefed Taco

Notices

Beefed Sliders for 05+ ACLB & 4DSB

Old 12-07-2011, 12:55 PM   #301
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockplus View Post
A question for anybody who might know: I was looking at Barlowrs's build (the silver AC) and saw that his Beefed sliders have a gusset on the rearmost leg but the bare sliders shown in the photos in this thread do not. (Please correct me if I'm wrong!) Was this last gusset deemed unnecessary or is there a clearance issue, etc?

Thanks!
Do you mean the vertical bar on the kick-up side?

If so, I think Brian just put it there to make it look Beefier, and isn't necessary.

I could be wrong though.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:07 PM   #302
stockplus is on a distinguished road
Name: L.J.
stockplus's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the response ryanjboutin. Actually, I'm talking about the frame attachment points -- the L "brackets" connected to the horizontal legs. Three of these have triangular gussets (joining the bracket to the leg) for strength but the last one nearest to the leaf spring does not -- at least it looks that way to me in the pictures. In Barlowrs's build, however, it would appear that he does have some sort of gusset on that last bracket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Do you mean the vertical bar on the kick-up side?

If so, I think Brian just put it there to make it look Beefier, and isn't necessary.

I could be wrong though.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:05 AM   #303
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockplus View Post
Thanks for the response ryanjboutin. Actually, I'm talking about the frame attachment points -- the L "brackets" connected to the horizontal legs. Three of these have triangular gussets (joining the bracket to the leg) for strength but the last one nearest to the leaf spring does not -- at least it looks that way to me in the pictures. In Barlowrs's build, however, it would appear that he does have some sort of gusset on that last bracket.
Robert (barlowrs) has the very first set of these ever made. They were the prototypes. You are correct, the difference between his and all current ones are the gussets. There just isn't any need (or very much room) for a gusset on the 4th leg (the very rear) and it's also not necessary to make the other gussets so long like his are.

He really wanted his gussets to be overkill, but after his I just decided to delete the rear gusset and make the others smaller because there's no need to heat the leg up with the welder and compromise any little bit of extra strength the leg may have by not seeing all that heat.

A lot of people are under the impression that gussets are going to make or break the strength of a slider but I disagree. My unprofessional opinion is you'd probably get the same result with or w/o them. People just like to see them. This statement will surely be controversial.

I also deleted that horizontal support leg that his kickup's have and the ones with kickup's in the 3rd pic don't have.

1st attchment is barlowrs (the first ever) and 2nd & 3rd pic is current.
Attached Thumbnails
Beefed Sliders for 05+ ACLB & 4DSB-img_2056.jpg   Beefed Sliders for 05+ ACLB & 4DSB-10-11-2011010-2.jpg   Beefed Sliders for 05+ ACLB & 4DSB-2sliders-001.jpg  
Old 12-10-2011, 11:10 AM   #304
stockplus is on a distinguished road
Name: L.J.
stockplus's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the write-up and pics Brian!
Old 01-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #305
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

These trucks are way too nice to not have wheeled their way into this thread.....

Attached Thumbnails
Beefed Sliders for 05+ ACLB & 4DSB-dsc0161d.jpg   Beefed Sliders for 05+ ACLB & 4DSB-dsc0175my.jpg   Beefed Sliders for 05+ ACLB & 4DSB-dsc0169mo.jpg   Beefed Sliders for 05+ ACLB & 4DSB-84d8da44.jpg   Beefed Sliders for 05+ ACLB & 4DSB-woods247-tw.jpg  

Old 02-11-2012, 05:08 PM   #307
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
JasoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBilly View Post
lookin for pics of narrow with and without steps as well as doors opened.
Just get them, I promise you are not going to fnd a better slider than these that Beefed builds. My have saved me so many times. Worth every penny.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #309
JasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
They do look nice have to decide on narrow or medium and then steps or no steps
IMO if it's a daily drive go narrow. When you say "steps" if your're referring to the kick outs I say get them Beefed makes the best looking ones and they do function when you are off-road.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #310
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoTaco View Post
IMO if it's a daily drive go narrow.
Why dat ?
Old 02-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #311
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
IMO if it's a daily drive go narrow. When you say "steps" if your're referring to the kick outs I say get them Beefed makes the best looking ones and they do function when you are off-road.
It is a daily and the steps are pictured on the first post . They look like adjustable bolt ons unless I am wrong
Old 02-12-2012, 06:35 PM   #312

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Why dat ?
IMO Sliders can be awkward to climb over when getting into the truck. For me the narrow have been the perfect balance between protection and and not too big of an obstacle to get around every time getting in and out of the truck.

If it were a dedicated trail truck who cares if you have to climb over the sliders to get in.

Quote:
It is a daily and the steps are pictured on the first post . They look like adjustable bolt ons unless I am wrong
They are bolt on sliders but they are not adjustable. Sliders sit high up against the body any don't really function as a practical step.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:36 PM   #313
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
IMO Sliders can be awkward to climb over when getting into the truck. For me the narrow have been the perfect balance between protection and and not too big of an obstacle to get around every time getting in and out of the truck.

If it were a dedicated trail truck who cares if you have to climb over the sliders to get in.

They are bolt on sliders but they are not adjustable. Sliders sit high up against the body any don't really function as a practical step.

Thanks

I was wondering whether the wider sliders would work as a step too
Old 02-13-2012, 01:42 PM   #314
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
These sliders are top quality bolt on rock sliders that can take the abuse of actually sliding over rocks. They offer a few features other sliders don't. They come in 3 widths. Narrow, medium and wide. They have a optional rear kick up that works on the access cab but not the 4 door since the rear door on that model doesn't open backward. They have the outer legs out far toward the ends, a rear mount that protects the leaf spring mount on the frame, and a hardware kit that is much more than simple nuts and bolts. All coated grade 8 fine thread with special nut plates for inside the frame rail.

other slider related items:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bee...ders-here.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...d-sliders.html

2005-2012 ACLB & DCSB Tacoma Bolt On Sliders

Specs
1.75" x .120 welded tube / other material available for additional cost
1/4" frame plates
1/4" gussets on legs
all seams face upward
rear leg uses unique slider foot / mount to protect leaf hanger on frame

Mounting
requires drilling 4 holes on bottom of each frame rail
1/4" thick nut plates with 1/2" coated fine thread grade 8 hardware
special high nuts on nut plates to ensure room for weld and wrench
front 4 plates use handles and don't require a wrench since they rotate until they hit the frame wall
hardware comes pre antisiezed

Options
narrow
medium
wide

Options below require additional charge
with or w/o rear side protection / kick up's (ACLB only)
plated in with or w/o dimple die holes

Price
1.50" .120 $475.95 + shipping
1.75" .120 $489.95 + shipping
CA orders subject to sales tax

Shipping
calculated by zipcode
not included in listed price
FedEx 1 to 5 day ground
shipped bare / no coating
not encased / wire tied together & shrink wrapped
all shipping specs sent to customer
ranges from $125 to $145 usually
can be paid when sliders are finished allowing customer more time to save up

narrow matches narrow tires & wheels

wide matches wide tire & wheels

In the second pic it looks like a bolt on/add on step to sliders
Old 02-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #315

^ I've never noticed that step before. It wasn't an option when I got my sliders but it certainly does look like some kind of adjustable step. I guess I'm going to have to eat my words.

Leave it to Beefed to make a step practical step for these bad boys. I like how you can take it off when you decide to go off road.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #316
Taco Vending Machine

About a year or so ago I came out with these clamp on steps...these work great for a few things...the first being most important.

1) The wife
Since they're sold individually or as a pair, you may hear her say..."Sure honey, go ahead and get those sliders, it'll be so nice to be able to get in that truck of yours easier and I can go back to wearing short skirts again"

2) Yourself
I have to admit, I use the one on my wife's Avalanche every time I get in and out, they're definitely handy.

Here's a link I made a while back.

Attached Thumbnails
Beefed Sliders for 05+ ACLB & 4DSB-10-11-2011010-2.jpg   Beefed Sliders for 05+ ACLB & 4DSB-10-11-2011-007.jpg   Beefed Sliders for 05+ ACLB & 4DSB-10-17-009.jpg   Beefed Sliders for 05+ ACLB & 4DSB-ss-003.jpg   Beefed Sliders for 05+ ACLB & 4DSB-dsc01839small.jpg  

Old 02-15-2012, 05:19 PM   #317
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Sent payment for my sliders Can't wait to install them in a few weeks!!
Old 02-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #318
crawldad is a jewel in the roughcrawldad is a jewel in the roughcrawldad is a jewel in the roughcrawldad is a jewel in the rough

crawldad's Tacoma Gallery
Can I get a price for shipping to 85118 and an estimated turn around time for a set of narrow DCSB sliders? Thx JD
Old 02-22-2012, 07:52 AM   #319
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawldad View Post
Can I get a price for shipping to 85118 and an estimated turn around time for a set of narrow DCSB sliders? Thx JD
Best bet is PM Brian direct and he will get back to you within a day. I just ordered mine last week, he said the current wait time is ~4 weeks.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #320
crawldad is a jewel in the roughcrawldad is a jewel in the roughcrawldad is a jewel in the roughcrawldad is a jewel in the rough

crawldad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronArf View Post
Best bet is PM Brian direct and he will get back to you within a day. I just ordered mine last week, he said the current wait time is ~4 weeks.
I sent him a PM yesterday. Hopefully I'll hear from him today so I can get in line. Thx, JD.