Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Beefed Taco

Notices

Beefed Sliders for 05+ ACLB & 4DSB

Old 02-25-2012, 01:52 AM   #321
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
PM's answered. Thanks guys! I just recently went through the hassle of getting these available for the new Tundra's too!

Old 02-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #322
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
They look BEEFY!! haha. That front bracket looks like a PITA to install!!
Old 02-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #323
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronArf View Post
They look BEEFY!! haha. That front bracket looks like a PITA to install!!
Thanks, they are definitely Beefy. (pun intended)

What do you mean hard to install? They simply raise up to the frame, and once the lower holes are in the frame rail, you just use the handles to slide the front nut plates into the boxed part of the frame. Install couldn't be easier. I make sure to locate my front legs as far foward as I can to ensure the front of the slider is strong.

I delivered these to him for being the donor truck and allowing me to keep the sliders for a few days when they were done so I could make the fixtures to make more on the bench, so when I showed he already had holes drilled in the lower part of the frame from when it was at my shop, and it took us all of 15 minutes to easily install these. I think he was surprised how easy they went on.

Your 2nd gen has a brake line bracket on the left frame rail by the boxed area, and you just remove the bolt, slip the nut plates in using the handles, then replace the brake line bolt. My bolts even come with antiseize on them to fight corrosion & ensure easy disassembly later. The Tundra install was identical to the 2nd gen Taco, but the brake lines run down the right frame rail.
Attached Thumbnails
Beefed Sliders for 05+ ACLB & 4DSB-2-13-2012-005.jpg   Beefed Sliders for 05+ ACLB & 4DSB-2-13-2012-011.jpg   Beefed Sliders for 05+ ACLB & 4DSB-2-13-2012-006.jpg   Beefed Sliders for 05+ ACLB & 4DSB-2-13-2012-009.jpg  
Old 02-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #324
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I might have missed it earlier and if so apologize , but anything for DCLB ?
Old 02-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #325
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I might have missed it earlier and if so apologize , but anything for DCLB ?
I wish. I'm still trying to get a local truck here so I can go through all the work I just went through on this Tundra to get the jigs made. It's real tough to get all the measurements for the frame holes and everything off a truck at the dealer, and just a guessing game without building the first set on a truck, removing them and making molds to them. This ensures everything is right where it needs to be.

This is how I'd like to go about it. The first person gets a discount on the sliders for going through this with me...I prebuild the sliders ahead of time to the right length, (width is personal preferrence) and then I need the truck for a day or two so I can get 'em into place, find good logical mounting points, cut & drill the frame plates out, mark and drill the frame, weld the legs to the frame plates, and then remove them and keep them for a few days, make fixtures, then personally deliver them as a thanks.

It's a nightmare compared to simply building sliders on the work bench. It's like a slider build, bolt on install, and weld on install, all at once. I didn't even want to think about sliders for a week after the Tundra. But now a new door is open and I can offer them for the Tundra Crewmax with short bed and DBL cab with long bed and hope to have as many people interested in them as I have my Tacoma ones. They are a great product,and I do put a lot of work into them every time I make a set. The DCLB Taco ones are WAY overdue, but it's because it isn't easy on this end and takes hard work and sacrafice to get those fixtures built so I can make more.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #326
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
I wish. I'm still trying to get a local truck here so I can go through all the work I just went through on this Tundra to get the jigs made. It's real tough to get all the measurements for the frame holes and everything off a truck at the dealer, and just a guessing game without building the first set on a truck, removing them and making molds to them. This ensures everything is right where it needs to be.

This is how I'd like to go about it. The first person gets a discount on the sliders for going through this with me...I prebuild the sliders ahead of time to the right length, (width is personal preferrence) and then I need the truck for a day or two so I can get 'em into place, find good logical mounting points, cut & drill the frame plates out, mark and drill the frame, weld the legs to the frame plates, and then remove them and keep them for a few days, make fixtures, then personally deliver them as a thanks.

It's a nightmare compared to simply building sliders on the work bench. It's like a slider build, bolt on install, and weld on install, all at once. I didn't even want to think about sliders for a week after the Tundra.

OK , thanks
Old 02-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #327
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
OK , thanks
Maybe you could use a good road trip right about now? You're not thaaaaaaat far...... The $ you can save on the slider discount for being the first can go toward a hotel while I get 'em on your truck.

Seriously though, I appreciate the post and your good attitude, I like good attitudes around here.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #328

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Maybe you could use a good road trip right about now? You're not thaaaaaaat far...... The $ you can save on the slider discount for being the first can go toward a hotel while I get 'em on your truck.

Seriously though, I appreciate the post and your good attitude, I like good attitudes around here.
I'd love to for a road trip right now , but too much work
Old 02-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #329
crawldad is a jewel in the roughcrawldad is a jewel in the roughcrawldad is a jewel in the roughcrawldad is a jewel in the rough

crawldad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawldad View Post
I sent him a PM yesterday. Hopefully I'll hear from him today so I can get in line. Thx, JD.
Pm received and Payment sent. Can't wait to get these bad boys on my truck.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #331
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd View Post
Damn you fab some sweet sliders Beefed.....Inspiring!
Thanks Kidd! I try.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #332
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

It's a nightmare compared to simply building sliders on the work bench. It's like a slider build, bolt on install, and weld on install, all at once. I didn't even want to think about sliders for a week after the Tundra. But now a new door is open and I can offer them for the Tundra Crewmax with short bed and DBL cab with long bed and hope to have as many people interested in them as I have my Tacoma ones. They are a great product,and I do put a lot of work into them every time I make a set. The DCLB Taco ones are WAY overdue, but it's because it isn't easy on this end and takes hard work and sacrafice to get those fixtures built so I can make more.
According to google maps you are only an hour from San Diego? And I have a DCLB... send me a PM if I can be of any help.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #333
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
According to google maps you are only an hour from San Diego? And I have a DCLB... send me a PM if I can be of any help.
That sounds about right, I'm just South of Temecula about 10 mins East of the 15. It's my family day today so I'm short on time right this second, but definitely expect a PM from me, probably in the am on Monday. (tomorrow)
Old 03-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #334
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #335
Taco Vending Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
LOL! Sorry, things have been super busy here lately but I'll shoot you a PM right now. Your signature looks like Devil's Slide at Ocotillo Wells. I don't know why...it's probably somewhere different like Glamis thought..?
Old 03-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #336

nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LOL! Sorry, things have been super busy here lately but I'll shoot you a PM right now. Your signature looks like Devil's Slide at Ocotillo Wells. I don't know why...it's probably somewhere different like Glamis thought..?
That was actually superstition... We WERE at Ocotillo though and then drove the trails to Super...
Old 03-31-2012, 09:30 AM   #337
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Received my sliders the other day, well worth the wait. Mocked up, holes drilled. Will post pictures as soon as they are painted and mounted!
Old 04-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #338
SKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
SKULLY's Tacoma Gallery
Can't wait for mine to get done!
Old 04-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #339

Navy:

Teaser pic, Freshly Line-x'd BEEFED sliders. I'll post pics of them installed this weekend.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #340
Taco Vending Machine

Holy sweetness! Nice shop floor too! For the couple of you currently waiting for your set, I want to thank you for the patience, I know the pain of waiting once $ has been sent. It's been pretty crazy here with all items becoming due at the same time. This is the reason I've been such a stranger here on the furum. In times like this I'm best out in the shop and away from the computer since it can trap me quicker than a muddy hill with stock tires.