Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Beefed Taco

Notices

Beefed Sliders for 05+ ACLB & 4DSB

Old 06-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #401
Decal Commander
SteelCityAirman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityAirman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityAirman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityAirman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityAirman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityAirman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityAirman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityAirman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityAirman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityAirman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteelCityAirman7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Medic
Name: B
SteelCityAirman7's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronArf View Post
Kinda dead in here..

Beefed sliders in action yesterday...tacoma levitation!
That's awesome man!
I want a set of mediums but 600$ shipped is alot for a little E-4 lol
Old 06-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #402
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
After months of waiting and lots of pestering PMs, I finally ordered my sliders...
Wife let me have little fathers day present!
You mainland guys shouldn't complain about shipping fees. You don't want to know what I have to pay!
But it will be soooo worth it!
Old 07-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #404
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
Stupid hurts.'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stupid hurts.
Hey Brian, sent you a PM regarding my sliders that have been sitting at your place. Let me know when I can come down and get them on.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #405
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid hurts. View Post
Hey Brian, sent you a PM regarding my sliders that have been sitting at your place. Let me know when I can come down and get them on.
Got your message Steven.

To anyone interested in these. I've made my way through a very busy time with a million orders on the plate but orders are really slowing down now and I'd like to sell some of these. I know times are still real tough on us all, but if anyone is interested shoot me a email to the address listed on my website in my signature below. I promise you won't be disappointed with these rock sliders. There are many who will vouch. I have DCLB too.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:00 AM   #406
id surf if there were any waves
Eastcoastin is a splendid one to beholdEastcoastin is a splendid one to beholdEastcoastin is a splendid one to beholdEastcoastin is a splendid one to beholdEastcoastin is a splendid one to beholdEastcoastin is a splendid one to beholdEastcoastin is a splendid one to behold

Navy: MSC 3/O
Name: John
Eastcoastin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
Got your message Steven.

To anyone interested in these. I've made my way through a very busy time with a million orders on the plate but orders are really slowing down now and I'd like to sell some of these. I know times are still real tough on us all, but if anyone is interested shoot me a email to the address listed on my website in my signature below. I promise you won't be disappointed with these rock sliders. There are many who will vouch. I have DCLB too.
email sent!
Old 11-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #407
NorCalTacoma is on a distinguished road
NorCalTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Got your message Steven.

Sending an email now.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:58 PM   #408
mountain bike haulin' & off camping
kbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant futurekbraunphoto has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
kbraunphoto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Got your message Steven.

What's the price damage to ship to 30345?
Would love a pair, but the East coast doesn't get much love.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:22 PM   #409
Eric F is on a distinguished road

Eric F's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm...
E
Old 01-25-2014, 01:44 AM   #410
4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4Taco09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Dane
4x4Taco09's Tacoma Gallery
Im in need of some DCLB sliders… may even like the pickup, but I'm not 100% sure just yet
Old 04-03-2014, 10:55 PM   #411
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
How long is the wait time right now?
Old 04-03-2014, 11:09 PM   #412
Last Straw of Brittfartikus
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-03-2014, 11:19 PM   #413
Oh Herro
MikeyTG will become famous soon enoughMikeyTG will become famous soon enough
Air Force:
Name: Mike
MikeyTG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
Pass it please!
Old 04-03-2014, 11:24 PM   #414
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
After months of waiting and lots of pestering PMs, I finally ordered my sliders...
Wife let me have little fathers day present!
You mainland guys shouldn't complain about shipping fees. You don't want to know what I have to pay!
But it will be soooo worth it!
Old 04-04-2014, 05:23 AM   #416
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-04-2014, 09:34 AM   #417
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Since squint0141, whoever this guy is, he's not even the person who bought the sliders, doesn't want to give you guys any info other than a few pics and a few nasty comments, I'll let people know what you're looking at.

These were plated sliders. I chose to lay the plate down first, then add the 5 legs (inner braces) in and weld them as far as I could get around them. The sliders are made from 1-3/4" diameter material, and the braces are 1-1/2" material.

The pics he posted look extra horrible because what you're looking at is a set of sliders that has had the plate cut off (after they arrived, see the cut marks in the tubing that could have been avoided) and you can also notice the spot welds on the slider main tube where the plates were welded on.

There was plenty of weld on each inner brace to allow these sliders to be jacked on, slid over rocks, anything you would throw at them. The buyer didn't like the fact that the welds didn't go all the way around. They went almost all the way until I had to stop due to the plate.

I simply chose to do them this way knowing there wouldn't be any issues but it seems I made a bad choice in this case. I offered to send him a new set and cover shipping. From CA to HI. There's no mention of that in the post is there? I sent multiple emails offering this, and will be sending another as soon as I'm done with this post. This could have been kept between the customer and myself, and a lesson learned the hard way for me, which is how many of us learn things, but coming onto a public forum and stirring up needless controversy doesn't seem necessary in my opinion. It's why I don't really venture onto auto forums anymore, just too much drama.

These are the sliders below. Same set. When the customer told me he was going to come on here and post up a bunch of pics, I said I wasn't even going to come here and defend myself, especially since I should be in the shop WORKING this very moment, but I thought I'd try to shed a little light and let people know what they're actually looking at and give them some real information instead of 4 pics and a few stupid comments.
Attached Thumbnails
Beefed Sliders for 05+ ACLB & 4DSB-rs-org-1.jpg   Beefed Sliders for 05+ ACLB & 4DSB-rs-org-2.jpg   Beefed Sliders for 05+ ACLB & 4DSB-rs-norg-1.jpg   Beefed Sliders for 05+ ACLB & 4DSB-captured201132600002.jpg  
Old 04-04-2014, 09:59 AM   #418
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Well that makes more sense

I've seen Beefed sliders up close and the welds and workmanship were very good , that's why I was suprised at the pics posted earlier
Old 04-04-2014, 10:04 AM   #419
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Yes those are my sliders. Squint is a good friend who is probably just as upset as I am and reposted those here. I never intended this to go this far. I am just frustrated because I have waited over 9 months for these, and as soon as I get them and turned them over, I noticed they were not welded all the way around. That is a big issue for me being in Hawaii because most of our mud pits are right next to the ocean and are mostly salt water. Brain says they are strong enough even tho they are not welded all around, but what happens after a few years of being full of dirty salt water? The heat affected steel will rust much faster and will lose its structural integrity. I just think fitting the plating first is a shortcut. They should be welded completely and then ground to fit the plating.
Brian has offered to build me a new set, fully welded and plated. I am going to take him up on that offer and they should be what I was hoping for. Everything else about the sliders is great.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:18 AM   #420

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
Brian has offered to build me a new set, fully welded and plated. I am going to take him up on that offer and they should be what I was hoping for. Everything else about the sliders is great.
Sounds like a good resolution.
And with that, I hope we can leave the rest to Iven and Brian.