Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Beefed Taco

Notices

Beefed Sliders for 05+ ACLB & 4DSB

Old 04-04-2014, 11:32 AM   #421
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I understand Iven's frustration. He did wait forever. He was one of the unfortunate ones who got caught up in a horrific back log that I experienced during the later months of 2013 and am just now getting lead times back to normal. This is a hard business, especially when you are fortunate enough to receive orders in this economy that doesn't seem to be getting much better. I do this work solo and can't afford help.

I'm at that fine line of realizing that it's way too much work for one guy, but not being able to bring anyone in since orders are never a guarantee. Working for yourself is hard. I do strive for a high quality product, and I do make any issue that may pop up right, believe me, trying to move forward but going backward isn't fun. But sometimes it's necessary. It's important for people to know, I wasn't trying to rush these, just chose to do the plating the way I did, and would have never sent a product I didn't think would hold up.

I've seen other vendors on here who make really good products and rival the big company's prices and have their lead times set at 3-5 months, and that's with helpers in the shop.

I'm trying to decide if it's time to go get a normal job that I'll hate and get treated like a slave, but collect that precious paycheck every two weeks, or keep working extremely long days and move the business forward. It's a tough call.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:36 AM   #422
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
If you think you can keep a part time helper busy, it sounds like it's time to give it a try. I know it can be difficult and expensive to find the right person, but once you do, it should make production smoother. I'd keep the welding to yourself, but a lot of other work can probably be done by another. If you're lucky, you'll be able to train them up to the point where you can trust them to weld some, too.
Old 04-04-2014, 11:38 AM   #423
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
I understand Iven's frustration. He did wait forever. He was one of the unfortunate ones who got caught up in a horrific back log that I experienced during the later months of 2013 and am just now getting lead times back to normal. This is a hard business, especially when you are fortunate enough to receive orders in this economy that doesn't seem to be getting much better. I do this work solo and can't afford help.

I'm at that fine line of realizing that it's way too much work for one guy, but not being able to bring anyone in since orders are never a guarantee. Working for yourself is hard. I do strive for a high quality product, and I do make any issue that may pop up right, believe me, trying to move forward but going backward isn't fun. But sometimes it's necessary. It's important for people to know, I wasn't trying to rush these, just chose to do the plating the way I did, and would have never sent a product I didn't think would hold up.

I've seen other vendors on here who make really good products and rival the big company's prices and have their lead times set at 3-5 months, and that's with helpers in the shop.

I'm trying to decide if it's time to go get a normal job that I'll hate and get treated like a slave, but collect that precious paycheck every two weeks, or keep working extremely long days and move the business forward. It's a tough call.
Your products are great. I'm willing to come cut, bend, and anything else. I don't need to get paid.
Frank
Old 04-04-2014, 01:06 PM   #424
huli467 is on a distinguished road

huli467's Tacoma Gallery
Good MAN

Quote:

Nice to see a situation come out right. In today's environment of purchasing online and sight unseen sometimes, it's much harder to contain oneself when a dissatisfaction occurs. You definitely are a "MAN" for standing behind your work & product. Your offer to Iven demonstrates that and it shouldn't misguide you that what you're doing isn't right for your future. I suggest you keep moving forward and hold your head up high. Aloha.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:04 PM   #425
Prez of @battleborntacomas and ASSHOLE!
MOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMOT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
MOT's Tacoma Gallery
Soooo if I Order what is the wait time?? Bolt on dcsb wide ones
Old 04-04-2014, 05:37 PM   #427
xmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmods is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathaniel
xmods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
Brian has offered to build me a new set, fully welded and plated. I am going to take him up on that offer and they should be what I was hoping for. Everything else about the sliders is great.
Quote:
bullaculla is a good friend so I'm very happy you guys have resolved this issue

I think the rust issue was the main problem, not necessarily strength. Its like putting in a new bathtub and only caulking on the sides and the front, not on the back wall; it's mostly sealed, but not sealed enough.

In any event, there are too few small fab shops out there! I think you should hang in there as long as you can, and then hang in a few weeks longer!
Old 04-04-2014, 05:48 PM   #428
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by squint0241 View Post
Would you gents so kindly delete your posts in this thread with my comments...Thank You
Don't worry about it Rick, it's all good. I think we're all on the same page. The majority of guys on this forum are real good people, I've never had internet battles with any of them and I appreciate your explanation earlier. I have no problem coming into my threads and explaining things. Showing one's face and being honest about stuff always goes a long way.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:18 PM   #429
SKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shedSKULLY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
SKULLY's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set of Brian's bolt on sliders and love them! Slider and welds were top notch on mine. Haven't really bashed on them but they are strong and I use the hi-lift to jack the truck up all the time with no problem. I live in so cal and am close enough that I was able to go to Brian's shop and order my set and meet with him. Like said above, he is a one man shop and things can take a little longer but I love his design and it was worth the wait for me. Brian is a hard working stand up guy. I guess that it is unfortunate in our online world that you can't look someone in the eye and shake their hand when doing business with them. Good to hear that Brian is going to take care of Iven.
Old 05-21-2014, 08:48 PM   #430
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
I got my second set of sliders today, and I have to say that Brian is a man of his word. This second set looks very well made. Fully welded tubes and the top plating is 1/8" thick. This is a set I will be proud to have on my truck. He built me a second set and paid for shipping to Hawaii. I offered to pay for the shipping since I now have 2 sets, and I plan on selling a set. I don't want to profit off his mistake, and I don't want him eating all the cost. I just want what I paid for. But he would not accept my offer to pay for shipping. Brian kept insisting he will pay for it. After about 5 emails back and forth, he finally caved and is going to let me pay for half the shipping
Brian is a good guy and man of his word. Just needs to hire a helper or apprentice, and stay in contact with his customers.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:11 PM   #431
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Cool.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:47 PM   #432
DesertSand has a spectacular aura aboutDesertSand has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard:
DesertSand's Tacoma Gallery
Good to see your came through. Hopefully mine are next..
Old 07-27-2014, 08:48 PM   #433
NJDBFTW
The Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Hunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hunter
The Hunter's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know the price of the most expensive set up Beefed sells? A local guy has a set near me but I am not sure what they are... They have a kick out though I know that...

Here they are...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hunter View Post
Any chance someone knows what company makes these sliders? The guy says that CBI makes them but the more I look at them the more I am confused because CBI makes full tube... And the kick out looks different on CBI...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hunter View Post
Old 07-28-2014, 11:04 PM   #435
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Just to put in another good word for Brian, A local friend of mine ordered a set of sliders from a different TW vendor, and it did not come with any hardware at all. So I recommended hardware like the stuff that comes with the Beefed Taco sliders since they are very sturdy and well made. The nut plates on a stick work great for getting into the boxed section of the frame. I am too lazy to weld nuts to a plate, So I asked Brian if he would send me a set of hardware, and he said sure. I sent him money, and a couple weeks later the bag of quality hardware came in.
Thanks again Brian!