LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Beefed Taco

Notices

Beefed Sliders for 05+ ACLB & 4DSB

Old 04-24-2010, 05:06 PM   #42
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Damn it, figures that AFTER I move out of CA (gee, I only gre up there) that I buy a Taco.

And there's virtually no one on the East coast that does this sort of work.

Now the eternal question... buy now and mail... or wait til I drive back cross- country?

These look good. waiting on the pics for the wide set.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:29 PM   #43
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
will you ever make a tacoma bumper??
Old 04-25-2010, 07:13 AM   #44
Kahunadave is a jewel in the roughKahunadave is a jewel in the roughKahunadave is a jewel in the roughKahunadave is a jewel in the rough
Marines: Harrier powerplants
Name: Dave
Kahunadave's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Kahunadave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefed Taco View Post
haha, smart man. Anyone who has personally dealt with me will vouch that I'm more than fair when it comes to stuff. They always get top notch work at a price they can afford. I've even given them payment options. Last year I practically gave my work away, this year I want to go about things a little more serious or I simply won't be able to survive. A lot of people simply don't realize all the overhead that goes along with fabrication...the machines are constantly needing new blades, wire, gas, you name it, just begging for $ one way or anther. (plus just the place to do it...which is a problem for me currently) I really do try to find the fine line between making stuff affordable enough for someone and not completely screwing myself (and wife & dog included) at the same time. I'm not a rich man with a big shop, I'm 1 man struggling like most of us are, and as broke (& probably more so) than the next guy..
Beef'd.. Great looking sliders...the Quality shows!! Keep up the great work.. hopefully i'll be able to afford one soon.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:58 AM   #45
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
pics are here below.

I'm trying to get my wife to trade in the Avalanche for a 2nd gen so I can get some good product going for them...like some sweet front and rear tube bumpers with skid plates and shackles and the works.

mucho appreciated..btw, 1 slider like you request is only half the cost..

Wide version...these can be made wider on request no problem at all.

Bolt on install was as easy as it gets...get a friend to help you hold it in place, put some pressure on it with a floor jack, mark the 4 holes on the bottom rail, start with a small bit and work up to 1/2". A simple set of bits and 1/2" drill will do the trick. If we hadn't BSed so much, it would have been about a 45 minute job.

narrow
matches the narrower tires & wheels

wide matches the wider tires & wheels

and my favorite..

I like

I will get getting up with for set of these. I like the wider one so I can use them as a step.

any idea on shipping to VA since I am as far from you as I can possible be

Justin
Old 04-25-2010, 01:42 PM   #46
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: LAR (Master Gunner/Instructor)
Name: Guy
gjbonner's Tacoma Gallery
I have to say these were definitely worth the wait!! i am very happy with these things. they just look awesome on our trucks. Its nice to have the option of a wide or narrow set depending on the width of tire you run.

I painted them last night and installed them this morning. By myself it took me an hour to install. i just laid under them and used 2 knees and one hand to hold it up while getting the 2 center bolts in. after that it was smooth sailing.

I will get some pics up when my wife gets back with the truck. I'll stick em in my build thread. feel free to use em' as needed Beefed!

Cant say enough how awesome these things are, and after Barlowrs truck got lifted by a handy man jack via the sliders I was chomping at the bit to get my chance Now i can rest easy.

Thanks again Brian
Old 04-25-2010, 07:07 PM   #48
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
damit!
I wonder if I can find someone locally that wants to buy mine so I can get a set of these... hmmmm
Old 04-26-2010, 04:18 PM   #49
barlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
barlowrs's Tacoma Gallery
Alright guys, REAL WORLD OFFROAD INPUT!

Well just got back from a Mojave road trip (EPCI TRIP. fllying jeeps, winching tacomas, flooded engines, rattle snakes, etc!), and I did abuse the sliders a bit. No hard crashes onto rocks (if you know Mojave road, nowhere to do that), but I did slide down on my passengers side slider (front wheel off the ground, then rocked forward and rear wheel off, weight always on the slider for the full length of the slider...thing did not even move...very solid!.

Not sure when I will be rock crawling for some hard slams, but I can tell you, as sliders, they worked great, rather than sliding down my lower panels, I slid nicely down on them!
Old 04-26-2010, 05:54 PM   #50
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
were they bolt-on or welded?
Old 04-26-2010, 06:08 PM   #51
barlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
That's the kind of feedback I like Mr. Barlows...niiiiiiice. Where and when can we see some pics of said trip?

It may be a while, all of us there (8 people) have a lot of pics and vids we have to sort through. Unfortunately I do not have any of the action shots of myself as I cannot take pics of myself, but here are a few poser shots with the sexy sliders!

At Camp:

Look they support the weight of my gf (all 100 lbs of her):

Old 04-26-2010, 06:09 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
were they bolt-on or welded?

Mine are bolted on with some grade 8 goodness (supplied by Beefed)
Old 04-26-2010, 08:58 PM   #53
Rich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich Beauregard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Rich Beauregard's Tacoma Gallery
Interested, but would need 4Dr long bed version. Please email me if you make some for the 4DRLB Thank you, Rich

Old 04-26-2010, 10:01 PM   #54
rhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: helo electrician
rhys's Tacoma Gallery
thanks V-TRAIN
Old 04-27-2010, 05:55 AM   #55
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here they are. They're now available and ready to ship. The price went up a bit due to rising cost of material. (summer must be coming) I've had some PM's asking about shipping, problem was I didn't have a set made to use for calculating, and it kept getting put on the back burner due to other stuff I had to make. I built this wide set so I can now do so. I'm ready when you guys are. Turn around time for a set of these will probably be about 2 weeks, as I do many other things too.

They are offered in wide or narrow for both model trucks, and with or w/o rear kick up for access cab. Mounting hardware consists of 14 grade 8 1/2" bolts, SAE washers and nut plates for the inside of the frame. 4 holes will need to be drilled on the bottom of each frame rail..piece of cake as long as you start with a small bit and work up.

Weld on and bolt on are identical, minus the holes in the frame plates and weld on's come w/o hardware...a $40 savings. These bolt on's are as strong as any weld on.

To my knowledge there is no other slider available that has the end legs this far out, or a rear foot that acts as slider for the leaf hanger on the frame. They're Hi Lift tested. I haven't seen any pictures of any other sliders on a Hi Lift, so if you have 'em, post 'em. PM for details if interested.

1-3/4" x 120 HREW w/1/4" plates and gussets. All seams face upward.

weld on $419

bolt on $459

rear kick up add $65

wide set

narrow set w/kick up

Those kick out sliders are fukkin sexy...Drools.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:43 AM   #56
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
are you by chance making the kickups for the double cabs? is it possible?
Old 04-27-2010, 09:37 AM   #57
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrednek3006 View Post
are you by chance making the kickups for the double cabs? is it possible?
Won't work unfortunately. The door needs to open. The kickups have about 3/4" between the backward opening door on the access cabs. I made them so you can pull on the door and they'll be close, but won't hit and dent it.

And Rich Beauregard that model is next on the list. I'd like to try to get at least 5 legs per slider on them too since they'll be pretty long. I'll start the R&D.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:07 AM   #58
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
Brian..you better still be making these come Christmas. i just found my GIFT!
Old 04-28-2010, 06:33 AM   #59
V-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedV-TRAIN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

V-TRAIN's Tacoma Gallery
when you start making some for long beds, will a kick up be option. i see what you are saying about not being able to put one on 4 door short beds, there is no room.
on long beds, it looks like there is enough room to fit the same size kick up as the access cabs.