Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > BeerSnap

Notices

Innovative Ideas for You!

Old 08-19-2014, 10:30 PM   #1
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow Innovative Ideas for You!

Saw Beavis had the Glow version.

had some Ideas for you -

Add Tritium Vials. They are inexpensive and easy enough to work with. Proper adhesive is the 'Norland Optical Adhesive #61'- Use a UV Light to Optically cure it.

Titanium versions <- EDIT - So there is a titanium line I found out.

Firesteal version

Spork version.

Just some ideas for you.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:44 AM   #2
BeerSnap is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerSnap is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerSnap is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerSnap is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerSnap is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerSnap is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerSnap is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerSnap is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerSnap is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerSnap is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeerSnap is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis + LMW
BeerSnap's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
Saw Beavis had the Glow version.

had some Ideas for you -

Add Tritium Vials. They are inexpensive and easy enough to work with. Proper adhesive is the 'Norland Optical Adhesive #61'- Use a UV Light to Optically cure it.

Titanium versions <- EDIT - So there is a titanium line I found out.

Firesteal version

Spork version.

Just some ideas for you.

I just order some Tritium vials. We will see what I can come up with. Also like the Firesteal idea, might be a cool way to combine all of these. Spork is a bit more difficult, getting the curvature of the bowl will require a die or hammering.

Thanks for the ideas. Keep them coming!

-Lee
Old 08-20-2014, 11:53 AM   #3
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
PeeRunner's Tacoma Gallery

Ti spork was my idea, similar to this. Mainly for camping use, I have this spork pictured and it's great. I believe you'd need a die to create the bowl, but IMO this would be a cool addition. Camping and beer go hand in hand, so it makes total sense to me, though I'm not paying to produce them.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:00 PM   #4
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Firesteel wont work with stainless, fyi. You would need to do a carbon steel version. Not sure about titanium.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:03 PM   #5
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavis0076 View Post
Firesteel wont work with stainless, fyi. You would need to do a carbon steel version. Not sure about titanium.
Incorrect. Carbon works better. Stainless still throws. The big factor in throwing sparks from a firesteel is edge angle, it should be 90 degrees with sharp edges.

Here's a stupid video I found quickly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sll2PzJdAk
Old 08-20-2014, 12:12 PM   #6
Also Lee, sent in about a special order this morning. LMK.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:28 PM   #7
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Some pics I liked. I have a horrible habbit of not documenting my own work.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:32 PM   #8
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery

Tritium Shift knob.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:57 PM   #9
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-21-2014, 11:53 AM   #10
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
Lee ordered tritium.. cant wait to see what he does with them.. awesome idea Skygear!

what is that you made? a lightsaber?
Old 08-21-2014, 09:19 PM   #11
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I used to make MOD's for Ecigs, the 18650 battery holders with a mechanical switch on the bottom. Also used to modify Laser 'Hosts' for people, Light Hosts too. Occasionally I would hand craft pieces of metal into keychains. Modified 20 watches with tritium vials. Changed out TRIT sights on firearms for different colors, or added them for that matter.

I like to do the work and get things done. In being proficient at things, I always forget to document and take pictures of the work I complete/