Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

battery for jon boat?

Old 06-29-2010, 02:19 PM   #1
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
battery for jon boat?

I finally got a little 9.5ft basshound with a 30lb trollin motor on it with some sort of battery that doesnt work anymore so tomorrow i am going to have to go buy a new battery. i know i will want a deep cycle but i am new to this and would like some advice as to how big/what type of battery would be best. i would expect to be on the lake for as long as 10 or 12 hours at a time but would only run it to get from one spot to another. i doubt ill be doing a lot of extended trolling with it.

also, will my old school battery charger for car batteries work or should i invest in one of those newer ones designed specifically for deep cycle batteries? thanks!
Old 06-29-2010, 02:23 PM   #2
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by takern View Post
I finally got a little 9.5ft basshound with a 30lb trollin motor on it with some sort of battery that doesnt work anymore so tomorrow i am going to have to go buy a new battery. i know i will want a deep cycle but i am new to this and would like some advice as to how big/what type of battery would be best. i would expect to be on the lake for as long as 10 or 12 hours at a time but would only run it to get from one spot to another. i doubt ill be doing a lot of extended trolling with it.

also, will my old school battery charger for car batteries work or should i invest in one of those newer ones designed specifically for deep cycle batteries? thanks!
get the biggest baddest battery u can find. there has been to many times on the lake that we have run out of battery after 3-4 hrs. why risk getting a smaller battery and running out of juice half way through. get a big marine deep cycle battery. u cant go wrong there, we keep 2 on our 16ft john boat but we have it loaded with about 900lbs..
Old 06-29-2010, 02:39 PM   #3
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Optima blue top I heard was a decent battery
Old 06-29-2010, 02:44 PM   #4
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
i cant really afford an optima right now. im lookin for somethin that would be about or less than 100. thanks anyways though
Old 06-29-2010, 02:49 PM   #5
BassPilot is a glorious beacon of lightBassPilot is a glorious beacon of lightBassPilot is a glorious beacon of lightBassPilot is a glorious beacon of lightBassPilot is a glorious beacon of lightBassPilot is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Bennett
BassPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Go to walmart and get a deep-cycle group 24 marine battery. I got that and a carrying case for about $90 recently for my 30lb troller. Should be more than enough power for that motor.