Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Striper Fishing

Old 07-03-2010, 01:30 PM   #1
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Striper Fishing

Going striper/bass fishing Monday at Richland Chambers Reservoir in Corsicana, TX. I've never been a big bass person but figured I'd give it a try. Any tips, tricks, or suggestions would be helpful. Lures? Techniques? What to look for in a spot? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:33 PM   #3
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
When I used to fish for them in California, we would bring 2 sets of rods/reels. A light setup and a box of worms to catch live bait (blue gills). Look for docks, lagoons, shallow and calm water. Catch a few and then head to the mouth of the river where it meets a lake or where to rivers meet. Just anchor or drift. Then use your heavy setup with the blue gills as bait. Depending on your location and bait, we used to come home every night with 3-5 30-40" stripers.
Old 07-03-2010, 01:42 PM   #4
05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
05tacoSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Big bait : big fish. Go big or go home
Old 07-03-2010, 01:45 PM   #5
Fienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant futureFienoma has a brilliant future

Name: Hieu
Fienoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Fienoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
When I used to fish for them in California, we would bring 2 sets of rods/reels. A light setup and a box of worms to catch live bait (blue gills). Look for docks, lagoons, shallow and calm water. Catch a few and then head to the mouth of the river where it meets a lake or where to rivers meet. Just anchor or drift. Then use your heavy setup with the blue gills as bait. Depending on your location and bait, we used to come home every night with 3-5 30-40" stripers.
true that, if you're using live bait use some blue gills. this passed week we got 3, 20+lbs stripers...gah they're good eating!
Old 07-05-2010, 09:09 AM   #6
05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tacoSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
05tacoSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=Lrgrnr;1933904][quote=05tacoSPORT;1931352]Big bait : big fish. Go big or go home
Quote:

x2!! ever been to lake Norris? Biggest stripper I ever caught was out of there, 38.8lbs and now its on the wall. My Grandpa caught a 43lb out of there also. If your looking for big Tenn. stripper, lake Hickory is the place.
2006 i caught a 40 and a 50 in the river on 2.5lb shad i put mine back though gotta let a fish that old LIVE
Old 07-05-2010, 09:29 AM   #7
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Big spoons, jerkbaits and swimming minnows are always a safe bet. On the coast we primarily fish the surface if we aren't trolling on reefs .My biggest to date was on a topwater buzz-bait in Lake Powell which made no sense, but go figure.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:32 AM   #8
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
i do it at night at a dam on my lake
Old 07-05-2010, 09:33 AM   #9
jrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrdbrn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jared
jrdbrn's Tacoma Gallery
Striper fishing... not exactly what I was expecting in this thread.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:57 AM   #10
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdbrn View Post
Striper fishing... not exactly what I was expecting in this thread.
Ohh right...

$200 and a rented sports car