Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Favorite type of water for bass?

View Poll Results: Favorite type of Water?
Large lakes 57 29.53%
Small lakes 89 46.11%
Ponds 69 35.75%
Slow wide rivers 21 10.88%
Creeks 17 8.81%
I hate fishing 7 3.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2010, 02:02 PM   #21
danding is on a distinguished road
Air Force: ROTC DET. 310 LSU
Name: Daniel
danding's Tacoma Gallery
I like lakes a lot. I have some friends with overstocked small ponds, and you can land a bass on every cast in them, but I prefer a challenge most of the time. I also don't ever seem to have much luck bass fishing. =/
Old 08-24-2010, 03:36 PM   #22
Wanna know how I got these scars?
BigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
BigBawlzTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I caught the bass in my picture and a 17 pound striper in Lake Lanier
Old 09-22-2010, 11:54 AM   #23
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
A slow moving creek in the Smoky Mountains. During the spring I fish it at least 3 times a week. Never see anybody else there. Average smallmouth is probably 2 pounds or so. You'll catch the occasional walleye or rainbow trout as well.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:01 PM   #24
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBawlzTaco View Post
I caught the bass in my picture and a 17 pound striper in Lake Lanier
What did you catch it on? artificial bait? Live bait?
Old 09-22-2010, 12:04 PM   #25
MyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really niceMyYota05 is just really nice

MyYota05's Tacoma Gallery
Around here I prefer both small lakes and ponds to go fishing in
Old 09-28-2010, 05:59 AM   #26
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter160 View Post
I love the old private little farm ponds and mill ponds. They usually get little pressure and have been there a long time. I live on a mill pond that has been around since the 1700s so needless to say theres some monster bass in it.....
pssst....lets go fishing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
nothing like fishing from a john boat in a decent sized pond with spinnerbaits or some pumpkin seed worms texas rigged!!
Dang right!
Old 10-02-2010, 03:08 PM   #27
Avsguy33 is on a distinguished road
Avsguy33's Tacoma Gallery
I'll fish any size lake as long as I can find some flooded timber for largemouth and rocky points for smallmouth.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:53 PM   #28
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm6_cNfT6Zw?fs=1

Peep this...dropped it in anutha thread before but here ya go....VA all day!
Old 10-04-2010, 03:43 PM   #29
-

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
hahah!!

Cool vid yo, some pretty nice bass in there to........com'on
Yea Yo ...
Old 01-20-2011, 12:40 AM   #30
4banger is a glorious beacon of light4banger is a glorious beacon of light4banger is a glorious beacon of light4banger is a glorious beacon of light4banger is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Charlie
4banger's Tacoma Gallery
I guided float trips on the Gunnison in western colorado in college, now I fish four to five days a week on the James and in small ponds around the area when the weather is nice, fish for Striper in the bay when its not. its all sick but fishing a mouse pattern on a beaver pond for some 4 lb brookie at 13,000 ft under the full moon has to take it for me.

i don't know how to cast a spinning rod. I even troll with flyrods, this girl was in a little cow field pond, there were three other "bass fisherman" laughing at the flyrod, untill I caught this and three others like it. I haven't been invited back since. Yellow popper stripped to make as much commotion as possibe. Namyo hit me up lets fish.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:45 AM   #31
-

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
4 ta 5 days a week I'll fish witcha onea them days
Old 01-20-2011, 04:54 AM   #32
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I fish small ponds and small lakes, both out of a kayak. You can really get to the best spots with the kayak. I had the best year of bass fishing ever last year. I went a whole lot more often and my fishing partner, 2 year old daughter loved it to...... she had lots of fun reeling the fish in. I must have caught something like 300 to 400 lb of bass this year. I hope that doesn't sound like a fish tail but it was truly amazing year. I wonder what next years best lure will be........ since now the lakes have 2 feet of ice.........
Old 01-20-2011, 09:23 AM   #33
4banger is a glorious beacon of light4banger is a glorious beacon of light4banger is a glorious beacon of light4banger is a glorious beacon of light4banger is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Charlie
4banger's Tacoma Gallery
I wanna go striper fishing in a kayak at the bay tunnel but I'm kinda scared, my boss was out there fishing on a 27ft cuddy when a navy sub came cruisin up the river. he said someone came on the loud speaker telling them to stay right where they were, then half a submerged sub speeds by and hits them with a 9ft wall of water. He said they almost got real wet.
I fish out of my canoe on the James 10 minutes from my house but the only thing scary there is the turtles, saw a 4x last summer, would have filled up the entire bed of my truck!!! He was in a grass run about 3 ft a water going after the same fish we were. We paddled back up to him, and my buddy tapped him with his paddle, and this four foot wide turtle spun around in less than a second just by angling his feet against the current. He was probably 140 years old. I don't booze tube on the james anymore.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:31 PM   #34
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
'Chobee
Old 01-20-2011, 12:33 PM   #35
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
the wet kind
Old 01-20-2011, 12:45 PM   #36
ROLL TIDE
Jo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud ofJo Dog has much to be proud of

Name: Jo Dog
Jo Dog's Tacoma Gallery
any kinda water where i can catch a fish.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:46 AM   #37
-

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger View Post
I wanna go striper fishing in a kayak at the bay tunnel but I'm kinda scared, my boss was out there fishing on a 27ft cuddy when a navy sub came cruisin up the river. he said someone came on the loud speaker telling them to stay right where they were, then half a submerged sub speeds by and hits them with a 9ft wall of water. He said they almost got real wet.
I fish out of my canoe on the James 10 minutes from my house but the only thing scary there is the turtles, saw a 4x last summer, would have filled up the entire bed of my truck!!! He was in a grass run about 3 ft a water going after the same fish we were. We paddled back up to him, and my buddy tapped him with his paddle, and this four foot wide turtle spun around in less than a second just by angling his feet against the current. He was probably 140 years old. I don't booze tube on the james anymore.
pics?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCPA View Post
'Chobee
Old 01-29-2011, 04:50 PM   #38
Call me J
Fishing Frenzy is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason N
Fishing Frenzy's Tacoma Gallery
Bank fishing near a lake dam that turn into a river.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:33 PM   #39
TW's number one gear whore
davestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavestaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 ZULU
Name: David
davestaco's Tacoma Gallery
i love fishin the james and appomattox. lake chesdin is ok but its gets busy some times. looks like we need a VA meet to wheel and fish!!