Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Insurance

Old 07-20-2010, 07:32 AM   #2
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have state farm, they are ok. Never had a claim therefore dont really know how good they are. My rate is comparable w/ others so I have keep them since I was 16.

I dont have the boat us or seatow but would like to know what other people think about it. It always makes me wonder when we take trips up the Ohio what would happen if the boat broke down.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:37 AM   #3
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTacoma View Post
I have state farm, they are ok. Never had a claim therefore dont really know how good they are. My rate is comparable w/ others so I have keep them since I was 16.

I dont have the boat us or seatow but would like to know what other people think about it. It always makes me wonder when we take trips up the Ohio what would happen if the boat broke down.

Exactly why I want to have a tow membership. It's the what ifs. I'm seriously considering a duracell jumpbox to cover one of the what ifs.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:53 AM   #4
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have a jump box from Sears, that I thought would be good to keep on the boat. I think it is the Diehard brand. I bought it because it has a light and a couple of power outlets on it that might come in handy. You have to keep the thing plugged in or it looses it charge in about a week. Its a piece of crap. That and it only powers up the battery your jumping for 10 seconds at a time then you have to wait 1 min before it will jump again. It was a waste of money. I do keep it on the boat just incase, even though I doubt it would work when I needed it. But your right, its good piece of mind. I just looked online at the sea tow membership. It doesn't seem like a bad deal at all, but its not available in my area.

Question: Do you ever stay on your boat? The reason I ask is b/c we are planning a trip to stay on the boat on the Ohio River. Not that this would happen but if you do stay on your boat do you ever bring anything for protection? The river seems to attract a different crowd at night.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:23 AM   #5
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTacoma View Post
I have a jump box from Sears, that I thought would be good to keep on the boat. I think it is the Diehard brand. I bought it because it has a light and a couple of power outlets on it that might come in handy. You have to keep the thing plugged in or it looses it charge in about a week. Its a piece of crap. That and it only powers up the battery your jumping for 10 seconds at a time then you have to wait 1 min before it will jump again. It was a waste of money. I do keep it on the boat just incase, even though I doubt it would work when I needed it. But your right, its good piece of mind. I just looked online at the sea tow membership. It doesn't seem like a bad deal at all, but its not available in my area.

Question: Do you ever stay on your boat? The reason I ask is b/c we are planning a trip to stay on the boat on the Ohio River. Not that this would happen but if you do stay on your boat do you ever bring anything for protection? The river seems to attract a different crowd at night.
Check if BoatUS covers your area.

I have a bowrider so it wouldn't work for me to stay on the boat. I did just go to Canada and stayed on a boat for 4 days on the Trent Severn. We didn't have protection but that's a totally different place.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:26 AM   #6

Ill have to check into this a little bit more, especially if we keep planning these trips that are 5-6 hours away from where we launch the boat on the river. I dont have a HG but am thing about buying on just to keep w/ me when we stay on the river over night.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:05 PM   #7
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I have Progressive for my insurance. They cover a few hundred dollars in tow expenses although I'm not a member of BoatUS. I was going to get insurance right from them but Progressive was cheaper.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:14 AM   #9
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
I have Safeco insurance. It covers up $200 towing expenses. Most marinas I've found usually charge no more than $100 for a tow. If your mostly inland use check your policy for medical and liability coverage. My medical is $150K per person and liability is $750K max. Ensure you have cleanup/enviromental coverage. My boat is fully covered. I have an open bow. My policy with those limits is $365 a year.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:19 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
I have Safeco insurance. It covers up $200 towing expenses. Most marinas I've found usually charge no more than $100 for a tow. If your mostly inland use check your policy for medical and liability coverage. My medical is $150K per person and liability is $750K max. Ensure you have cleanup/enviromental coverage. My boat is fully covered. I have an open bow. My policy with those limits is $365 a year.
Dame I thought I had alot of coverage at $300k total.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:22 AM   #11
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
I insure everything through country insurance. Been with them for years. I'd use them again in a heartbeat.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:02 PM   #12
Prepared for Bambi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
That's a good price for that much coverage. It may even be cheaper for me because I have an older boat(99).