LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Show us your BOAT!!!

Old 09-30-2013, 12:16 AM   #721
Gearhead
DonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Oscar
DonziGT230's Tacoma Gallery
My latest acquisition. She's still being brought up to snuff, but I've done a couple day trips to have a little fun between the work. I've re-plumbed and rewired and it's close to just needing a good detailing to be done. Lotsa work and $, but it is a hole in the water so lots of dollars must be poured in to keep it afloat.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:06 AM   #722
Shadowe30 is on a distinguished road
Name: Colin
Shadowe30's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonziGT230 View Post
My latest acquisition. She's still being brought up to snuff, but I've done a couple day trips to have a little fun between the work. I've re-plumbed and rewired and it's close to just needing a good detailing to be done. Lotsa work and $, but it is a hole in the water so lots of dollars must be poured in to keep it afloat.
That looks like fun. Any boat you get will be a money pit. You just have to enjoy it enough for it to make sense.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #723
swampcreek is on a distinguished road

swampcreek's Tacoma Gallery
Show us your BOAT!!!-catalina-1.jpg

Show us your BOAT!!!-100_3183.jpg

Our year 2000 Catalina 320! Bought last year, happily sailing the Chessy ever since.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:59 AM   #724
T0xikTak0 is on a distinguished road
Name: Todd
T0xikTak0's Tacoma Gallery
nice boats keep them coming !
Old 11-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #725
dustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the sheddustinclm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dustinclm's Tacoma Gallery
2013 Xpress H20B
Old 11-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #726
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
http://youtu.be/80A6HJQHxI4
Old 11-21-2013, 07:34 AM   #727
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Pauls bass boat
http://youtu.be/YixkTPHPnUc
Old 11-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #728
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampcreek View Post
Attachment 236118

Attachment 236119

Our year 2000 Catalina 320! Bought last year, happily sailing the Chessy ever since.
Iv been on the Chesapeake 3 times now its one of the best places to sail iv been. Iv done some racing around the Annapolis area. and a friend in VA has a Catalina we have take out for a day sail after racing on the 44's.

Cool Photo from the last time I was there. They actually run race committee from the edge of the breakwater on the navy academy. very few places I have been when its easy for people to come watch.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #729
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Hauled my small sailboat today due to the storm coming. The Last boat out of the harbor again. One of these years im going to leave it in long enough to do a new years day sail.
Old 11-27-2013, 11:07 AM   #730
Timberland Taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
Timberland Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberland Taco View Post
Heres mine 2002 Alumacraft 14ft "crappie jon". Just finished tearing everything spart and building front and rear decks along with below deck storage and lighting. on the front its got a 2011 minn kota maxxum 70lb 24volt trolling motor, and on the back it has a 2003 mercury 25hp 2smoke. also have a 1988 Johnson 9.9hp with bigger carb for 9.9 restricted lakes, and a minn kota 50lb transom trolling motor for extra speed on electric only lakes. Spend a lotta time on this boat fishing in 2 different bass clubs as well as entering in random open tourneys all over nj. It keeps me busy

Made an upgrade 1999 bass tracker pt185, 75hp merc ELPTO and a 101lb thrust minn kota

Old 12-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #731
machineman89 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matthew
machineman89's Tacoma Gallery

1976 21' wellcraft...towed by my old mans truck..
i believe after the chevy 350 swap in the boat... salt water through a cast iron block dosent speak well for head gaskets...and overall health of a motor
Old 12-08-2013, 05:04 AM   #732
hellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hellsbay's Tacoma Gallery

Hells Bay Whipray Professional, these are like some of our trucks, they are for the backcountry where most boats can't go.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:29 AM   #733
Gearhead
DonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Oscar
DonziGT230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by machineman89 View Post

1976 21' wellcraft...towed by my old mans truck..
i believe after the chevy 350 swap in the boat... salt water through a cast iron block dosent speak well for head gaskets...and overall health of a motor
I like the old Nova boats, well built craft. Always flush the engine well and use marine head gaskets, they have stainless in place of regular steel. Same goes for thermostats, totally different than car stuff, but I've seen them fitted and destroy the engine in one run. Car stuff doesn't belong on a boat motor even tho they fit, the results can be deadly to the motor and people. My Donzi has a 351W which I believe is original (1990) and still going strong. Exhaust manifolds will be the first to rot and often give the impression of a head gasket, water on plugs and in the oil. I've seen engines replaced/repaired because of bad manifolds because they didn't know it wasn't an engine problem. You could fit it with a closed cooling system, but unless you put a lot of time on salt or refuse to flush out it'll never pay for itself.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:15 PM   #734
machineman89 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matthew
machineman89's Tacoma Gallery
The be motor has t a closed system now n were getten new manifolds now, so much more reliable now on
Old 12-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #735
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MI Officer
Name: Chris
Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Just noticed this thread. Lots of nice boats and interesting types from across the country. Here's my desert cruiser, fun for the family and pretty good for fishing too. Searay, 18.5'

Old 12-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #736
enigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud ofenigmadsm has much to be proud of
Air Force: Medic
Name: Nate
enigmadsm's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ how much does that weigh on the trailer, and do you know how much tongue weight you have?

nice looking set up
Old 12-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #737
nucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shednucktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
nucktaco's Tacoma Gallery
heres a pic of mine from the summer.

08 Xstar.
Attached Thumbnails
Show us your BOAT!!!-xstar.jpg  
Old 12-16-2013, 04:57 PM   #739
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nucktaco View Post
heres a pic of mine from the summer.

08 Xstar.
Shiiiiit that's sick!
Old 12-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #740
Buckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MI Officer
Name: Chris
Buckoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmadsm View Post
^^^ how much does that weigh on the trailer, and do you know how much tongue weight you have?

nice looking set up
Thanks. I'm not for sure on the boat... dry weight is probably about 2000lbs, say 3000lbs loaded, with trailer. But the tongue is surprisingly heavy, like at least 300 lbs. I don't like to tow this with my poor, old, worn Tacoma... especially with no trailer brakes. My 2500 HD tows it like nothing.