LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Show us your BOAT!!!

Old 12-17-2013, 05:52 AM   #741
Gearhead
DonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Oscar
DonziGT230's Tacoma Gallery
3000 sounds like a reasonable guess and if it is then 300 on the tongue would be the standard minimum recomended, 10%. Some will tow well with less, some need more. I had a jet boat with almost no tongue weight (maybe ten lbs?) that towed awesome on a tandem axle trailer, but that's not recommended. My Donzi is 6K and has about 400 tongue and tows fine. With a single axle and small outboards they generally need more than a tandem axle and/or heavy engine, but it all comes down to the package.

Looking at your trailer photo I'd guess that you are over 10% and probably why it tows well.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:09 PM   #742
toyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to beholdtoyotaman29 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Darrell
toyotaman29's Tacoma Gallery
Speedster 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretsuaz48 View Post
07 SeaDoo Speedster 150 (215hp). Hardly ever take it out. Only has 7 hrs.

Very nice, do you still have the speedster? I have been researching them and think they are tuff and look great, if anyone else has one give me a review of of yours, regular and super charged models, thanks.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:01 AM   #743
DroidJunky is on a distinguished road

Name: Brad
DroidJunky's Tacoma Gallery
07 Sea Pro 186cc with a Mercury 150 - 4 stroke. Just need some warmer weather!

Old 03-20-2014, 08:10 AM   #744
scoob is on a distinguished road
scoob's Tacoma Gallery
2007 Kencraft 210

Old 03-20-2014, 08:34 AM   #745
Hope you can run faster than 965 FPS
TonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement: Sharpshooter
Name: Louie
TonkaToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonziGT230 View Post
On the stringline mooring at Two Harbors Catalina for the yearly Buccaneer Days. I spend 3-5 days at a time on the boat there every year and it's a blast! I'm very sad that for the first time since '05 I'll have to miss next week's pirate festivities. She's only a 23 footer, but has plenty of storage and ice chest space to pull it off in relative comfort for two. Beats a tent or expensive hotel any day! In between Catalina trips I do some day and weekend trips, mostly in the ocean, and occasionally dip it fresh water for an easy day float.

Nice boat I love Donzi. Wish I could find a boat like this in eastern shore for the right price
Old 03-20-2014, 08:45 AM   #747
2stroketrush will become famous soon enough

EMS:
Name: Tyler
2stroketrush's Tacoma Gallery
Don't Judge....

Old 03-20-2014, 09:30 AM   #748
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
No judging here, mine does all I need it to. And for a boat maintenance is cheap

Aluminum boats are awesome and super durable. Mine was my grandfather's, boat is a '64 Sears, and engine is an 85 evinrude. Simple and functional
Old 03-20-2014, 05:35 PM   #749
vtmactech is a splendid one to beholdvtmactech is a splendid one to beholdvtmactech is a splendid one to beholdvtmactech is a splendid one to beholdvtmactech is a splendid one to beholdvtmactech is a splendid one to beholdvtmactech is a splendid one to behold

Army:
vtmactech's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
No judging here, mine does all I need it to. And for a boat maintenance is cheap

Aluminum boats are awesome and super durable. Mine was my grandfather's, boat is a '64 Sears, and engine is an 85 evinrude. Simple and functional
Awesome, my type of boating.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:47 PM   #750
Fire meathead is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: NICHOLAS
Fire meathead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2stroketrush View Post
Don't Judge....

Thats dat EMS paycheck right there!!!!

Beats the hell out of my non existant boat though
Old 03-21-2014, 08:16 AM   #751
Gearhead
DonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDonziGT230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkaToyTaco View Post
Nice boat I love Donzi. Wish I could find a boat like this in eastern shore for the right price
They are plentiful out there, not so many on the west side. Mine came from South Carolina. It's for sale now; come & get it! This line of the Donzi isn't considered a real Donzi by the enthusiasts but I don't care. I find that it's very well constructed, tho much heavier than other makes this size, and it's very fast and fuel efficient for it's weight and size. She'll top out at 47 MPH and gets almost 3.5 MPG cruise out of a stock 260 HP 5.8 with a stock three blade OMC stainless steel prop. It handles the ocean pretty well and is pretty stable at anchor, and the handling is crisp and easy. .....Makes me think I'm selling the wrong boat.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:41 AM   #752
Hope you can run faster than 965 FPS
TonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud ofTonkaToyTaco has much to be proud of

Law Enforcement: Sharpshooter
Name: Louie
TonkaToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonziGT230 View Post
They are plentiful out there, not so many on the west side. Mine came from South Carolina. It's for sale now; come & get it! This line of the Donzi isn't considered a real Donzi by the enthusiasts but I don't care. I find that it's very well constructed, tho much heavier than other makes this size, and it's very fast and fuel efficient for it's weight and size. She'll top out at 47 MPH and gets almost 3.5 MPG cruise out of a stock 260 HP 5.8 with a stock three blade OMC stainless steel prop. It handles the ocean pretty well and is pretty stable at anchor, and the handling is crisp and easy. .....Makes me think I'm selling the wrong boat.
You live in California and bought it from SC? How much was shipping on that bad boy? If you were on East coast Id probably take you up on that offer. I know people don't see that style as a Donzi but it still is one and I like it. You have any more pics of the interior and cuddy? Id love to see.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:38 AM   #753
Gearhead
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkaToyTaco View Post
You live in California and bought it from SC? How much was shipping on that bad boy? If you were on East coast Id probably take you up on that offer. I know people don't see that style as a Donzi but it still is one and I like it. You have any more pics of the interior and cuddy? Id love to see.
The guy I bought it from moved here from SC and was moving back and didn't really want to haul it so he sold it to me. I'm way too lazy to load photos right now, but it should be in L.A. craigslist with some photos.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:56 AM   #755
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
I love this thread. No boat now but working at the Malibu/Moomba/Supra dealer back in High School did have its advantages

Now I just ride with friends until I can get out of school and buy my own
Old 04-15-2014, 10:55 AM   #756
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
So after doing the "1090 Trip", a 1090 mile trip up the east coast from Miami to DC in a 21 foot searay, my parents have decided to do the "great loop". It's a 5000 to 7500 mile loop around about half of the country. distance depends on the route (see map below). 1090 miles was abotu the limit of the small searay, so they are looking to upgrade. they went for a test drive today on their current top choice.

Great loop map
Green is for Spring
Red is for Summer
Blue is for Fall/Winter

Here's the boat

Old 04-15-2014, 12:39 PM   #758
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
So after doing the "1090 Trip", a 1090 mile trip up the east coast from Miami to DC in a 21 foot searay, my parents have decided to do the "great loop". It's a 5000 to 7500 mile loop around about half of the country. distance depends on the route (see map below). 1090 miles was abotu the limit of the small searay, so they are looking to upgrade. they went for a test drive today on their current top choice.

Great loop map
Green is for Spring
Red is for Summer
Blue is for Fall/Winter

Here's the boat

Sick! I want to retire on a boat and do the same routes. Have a family friend that takes his 420 SeaRay sedan every year around the "block" haha he keeps it on the St Lawrence. My parents had a 25' Century that I grew up spending summers on the St Lawrence. Hope to have my own someday soon.

Right now I rock a 24' Boston Whaler Justice with twin 200 Mercs at work
Old 04-15-2014, 01:11 PM   #759
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
<3 boston whalers. we've had 2 of them. taken them through far rougher seas than any small boat should ever go through. such solid boats.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:16 AM   #760
hellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hellsbay's Tacoma Gallery
The little Whipray lies in wait..., as if it could will a tarpon to roll. It's a 14 year old Hell's Bay Whipray 16, recently restored with a Honda 50 for power. A classic, simple technical poling skiff for saltwater fly fishing.