Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Just made a rod rack for the bed

Old 09-28-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Just made a rod rack for the bed

I've got a short bed, so my 6' and 6'6" rods don't fit in the bed without laying them diagonally. That takes up a lot of room, and my dog steps on them when she's back there.

I just fabbed up a rod rack that holds three rods of any length without using any bed space. I used a 1x8 and pvc, and affixed it to the bed rail. Let me know what you guys think!

Also used some hooks to hold a 5" rod that I always keep in the back (just in a case)
Old 09-28-2010, 08:01 PM   #3
LIVESTRONG
Bullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bullzi511Tacoma06's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. I was looking to fab up something similar back in April. May "borrow" your idea.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:01 PM   #4
me gusta pechos firmes
jivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shedjivewalker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jack MeHoff
jivewalker's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

craft a pivot so the rods can rotate and swing out and you could troll the stream while driving, maybe with some big ass trebles
Old 09-28-2010, 08:03 PM   #5
hbryanlopez is on a distinguished road

Name: herby
hbryanlopez's Tacoma Gallery
awesome..I need to make this.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:03 PM   #6
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
very nice,what kind of fishing do you do?
Old 09-28-2010, 08:09 PM   #7
bootsbcool is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
bootsbcool's Tacoma Gallery
nice, I would like to do something like that with mine
Old 09-29-2010, 04:27 AM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0787 View Post
Looks like you go fresh water fishing
Bingo..not too much ocean in northeast texas.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGM View Post
very nice,what kind of fishing do you do?
Thanks, I fish mainly bass, crappie, and if nothing else is biting, catfish and bluegill. Got a 17 mile long man made lake near my house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jivewalker View Post
craft a pivot so the rods can rotate and swing out and you could troll the stream while driving, maybe with some big ass trebles
That would be awesome....
Old 10-21-2010, 03:57 PM   #10
wootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the rough
Name: Nathan
wootalien's Tacoma Gallery
awesome man!

Glad to see other tacos fishing!
Old 12-21-2010, 01:25 AM   #11
tsab916 has a spectacular aura abouttsab916 has a spectacular aura abouttsab916 has a spectacular aura about

tsab916's Tacoma Gallery
nice work...might have to "borrow" your idea...
Old 01-06-2011, 12:19 PM   #12
onthego247 is on a distinguished road
onthego247's Tacoma Gallery
That's a good idea. I was looking for someting like that for my truck. I found a rod holder made by Portarod, its a great product and its worked amazing for me so far. You should check it out. Portarod.com
Old 01-06-2011, 12:26 PM   #13
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
thats pretty cool dude, nice job!
Old 01-06-2011, 02:13 PM   #14
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthego247 View Post
That's a good idea. I was looking for someting like that for my truck. I found a rod holder made by Portarod, its a great product and its worked amazing for me so far. You should check it out. Portarod.com
$160

I used to have a setup somewhat like that. I made it out of a rod rack from Gander Mountain and a 1x8. But in the end it took up too much bed space. You can see it in this shot:

Old 01-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #15
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
That's cool, to bad my rods are 12'- 13' I would be hanging up on all kind of stuff.
Old 01-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #16
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbah57 View Post
That's cool, to bad my rods are 12'- 13' I would be hanging up on all kind of stuff.
You lucky ocean people.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:18 AM   #17
wootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the roughwootalien is a jewel in the rough
Name: Nathan
wootalien's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! I will be doing more fishing this year and going to rig my X like this!
Old 02-25-2011, 12:07 PM   #18
Thank you to all our miltary personnel for serving
TyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
TyT's Tacoma Gallery
That is a sweet set up man ! Great idea. Now just make a mini cooler to put your bait or beers in! Or a manmade screwed on tackle box!

Ty