LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Any Carp Fishermen Out There??

Old 04-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #21
Man of War is one of the sharper tools in the shedMan of War is one of the sharper tools in the shedMan of War is one of the sharper tools in the shedMan of War is one of the sharper tools in the shedMan of War is one of the sharper tools in the shedMan of War is one of the sharper tools in the shedMan of War is one of the sharper tools in the shedMan of War is one of the sharper tools in the shedMan of War is one of the sharper tools in the shedMan of War is one of the sharper tools in the shedMan of War is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Man of War's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, I thought you were joking looking at the title of the thread,
I guess fishin is fishin, but I sure hope you don't try to eat carp. To me its has always been the trash fish. I guess you can always put a little grass on the hook.
Good luck with that.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #22
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydaniels View Post
where outside of philly? Im over the bridge in NJ 10 mins from the Ben Franklin. sweet deal on the bow fishing...Im gunna be spending my summer in Peoria IL, lots of silver carp there (the ones that jump and are over running the IL river) looking to break out my compound and get it set up
Grew up right near Reading PA. my friend who i bowfished with in Vegas is from Illinois and he always talked about how good the bowfishing is there. good luck dude.

Also check out AMS Bowfishing online. their Retriever Reel is the best setup you can get for a compound bow. i have had the same AMS reel for over 10 years and its still going strong after many times of being dropped in the water and thousands of shots. i run 45 pound draw and that seems to be the sweet spot for bowfishing, helps get some of the longer and deep water shots you cant get with a recurve.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:36 PM   #23
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man of War View Post
Wow, I thought you were joking looking at the title of the thread,
I guess fishin is fishin, but I sure hope you don't try to eat carp. To me its has always been the trash fish. I guess you can always put a little grass on the hook.
Good luck with that.
No I don't eat them...I just fish for them for the sport.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:40 PM   #24
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have this sticker on my truck for nothing

Old 04-05-2012, 11:42 PM   #25
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
I don't have this sticker on my truck for nothing

HAHA! Thats awesome! I used to have a few G-Loomis stickers on my tailgate but they got all faded and messed up from the sun out here so I peeled them off.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:45 PM   #26
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
HAHA! Thats awesome! I used to have a few G-Loomis stickers on my tailgate but they got all faded and messed up from the sun out here so I peeled them off.
I had one too (gloomis) but it was white and didnt match like I wanted. But no, I love catching carp when I'm not bow-fishing. They fight so hard and are really understimated fish. Carp I would say are second to the CA Shad (aka poor mans tarpon)
Old 04-06-2012, 05:29 AM   #27
rydaniels is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
rydaniels's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by F16TACO View Post
Grew up right near Reading PA. my friend who i bowfished with in Vegas is from Illinois and he always talked about how good the bowfishing is there. good luck dude.

Also check out AMS Bowfishing online. their Retriever Reel is the best setup you can get for a compound bow. i have had the same AMS reel for over 10 years and its still going strong after many times of being dropped in the water and thousands of shots. i run 45 pound draw and that seems to be the sweet spot for bowfishing, helps get some of the longer and deep water shots you cant get with a recurve.

awesome thanks for the info. will be looking into getting one here real soon. my draw is 50#, so looks like ill be in business. Cant wait to go nail some silver carp
Old 04-06-2012, 05:34 AM   #28
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
Seize the carp!
Old 04-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #29
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
To you people that bowfish carp, are you eating them? what are you doing with them?
Old 04-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #30
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
my parents once cooked up a carp. i was shoveling it in when they told me. i admit, it tasted just like every other white fish i've eaten.

boney? nope..black bass is bonier IIRC.

i used to catch them on rice crispy treats. we would wear full camo and stalk them and look for the tail action..quick quiet cast and they are a handfull on lighter equipment. i almost broke a brandnew GLoomis rod with one..
Old 04-06-2012, 08:41 PM   #31
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkofwimbo View Post
To you people that bowfish carp, are you eating them? what are you doing with them?
no way. i have eaten carp and they taste like mud and fish oil. i used to throw them on a pile out in the desert and then shoot the coyotes an raccoons that would come to eat them. my friends dad in PA used them for fertilizer in his garden. thats about the only use for them in my opinion.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #32
aka Frank Gallagher...

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkofwimbo View Post
We have a killer garden
Old 04-07-2012, 04:37 AM   #33

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We have a killer garden
Old 04-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #34

Quote:
We have a killer garden
Haha! That's funny shit! My grandpa used to have me bring a few carp home each year for his garden lol!
Old 04-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #35
Cheese Head.
TheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
TheGrinch's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TheGrinch
Bow! Fuck yes. I hunt with a now and finally bought a new one so I dedicated my old one for carp shooting. Didn't take pics last year but we slaughter them. I'll take some this year for sure
Old 04-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #36
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery

Me in the middle. Bow fishing for carp and buffalo
Old 04-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #37
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
I fish for them from time to time.....there is a yearly carp tournament in the Virginia tech Duck Pond
Old 04-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo View Post

Me in the middle. Bow fishing for carp and buffalo
Nice man!!!! I use the smaller carp (8-9 inches) for flathead bait out here.

Looks like ya'll had fun!
Old 04-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
I fish for them from time to time.....there is a yearly carp tournament in the Virginia tech Duck Pond
see that sounds awesome! I'd like to get a tourney going between me and my buddies this summer!
Old 04-11-2012, 06:23 AM   #40
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
see that sounds awesome! I'd like to get a tourney going between me and my buddies this summer!
Ya, I think the winner this year was some chick that caught a 5 pounder or so lol

Still entertaining reguardless