LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Any Carp Fishermen Out There??

Old 12-19-2010, 09:54 PM   #1
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Any Carp Fishermen Out There??

I know there pretty much a worthless fish but damn are they fun to catch!! Their just bulldozers...here's one I caught today off a dough ball. Post up some pics and techniques if you got em

Bass fishing is where my hearts at but it slows down in the winter time so I usually hit up the local golf course ponds for some carp action
Old 12-19-2010, 09:56 PM   #2
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
When I go to Iowa in the summer time to see my grandparents I fish for them...Not much else to do there for me. Caught a couple on my 5 weight fly rod.
My buddy caught a 25 pounder in his pond behind is neighborhood...They stick their tails up out of the water just like a redfish!

Sorry, no pictures for me though. Nice fish though!
Old 12-19-2010, 10:06 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDog01 View Post
When I go to Iowa in the summer time to see my grandparents I fish for them...Not much else to do there for me. Caught a couple on my 5 weight fly rod.
My buddy caught a 25 pounder in his pond behind is neighborhood...They stick their tails up out of the water just like a redfish!

They do act like redfish sometimes for sure! Its cool to see em in the shallows when there rolling. Believe it or not this is one of the smaller ones I saw today. I saw a group of 5 or 6 at the surface in the middle of the pond and I caught this guy. I'm not complaining but it would've been nice to catch his bigger brother haha! I fought him for around 10 minutes and he spooked the others so bad that I didn't get another bite so I left
Old 12-19-2010, 10:09 PM   #4

I caught this bass too...not a big one by any means but still fun to catch

and his little brother LMAO!!! My spinner was bigger than he was!!! If you look close you can see his diaper
Old 12-19-2010, 10:38 PM   #5
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I was strictly a bass fisherman in indiana. Monroe, patoka, miram resovoir. Also like to crappie and hybrid bluegill fish the farm ponds and shackamak. Now living in south carolina, I am strictly trout fishing. Rainbows, natives, browns and brookies. Use to catch quite a few carp while bass fishing on monroe not meaning to. Seemed they liked the motor oil or pumpkinseed culprit worms.
feels like your pulling a log in. Once caught a body bag at monroe. No lie. It was empty and zipped shut. Couldn't figure out how it got there but sure scared the beejesus out of me.

Btw Scott, nice shorts. You raiding your pops dresser?
Old 12-20-2010, 04:00 AM   #6
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Canned corn. Stack the pieces on the hook.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNYTACOMA View Post
Canned corn. Stack the pieces on the hook.
I chum with corn and then use dough balls most of the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn Diesel View Post
Nice! I love fishing. Especially Bass. Have you ever done it from a float tube?
Absolutely, I own a float tube...I got it from Bass pro last year. Its great for small ponds and areas hard to cast to
Old 12-21-2010, 01:15 AM   #9
tsab916 has a spectacular aura abouttsab916 has a spectacular aura abouttsab916 has a spectacular aura about

tsab916's Tacoma Gallery
you ever use frosted mini wheat? you just grab a hand full, soak it wet, squeeze the water out and repeat until u have a solid ball...and use it just like your dough, usually after we cast out baits out we pinch off tiny balls and toss it around where our baits are, kinda like an attraction..

i just recently got into bow hunting for carps, it looks easy but don't let it fool you..not so easy....here's a picture from this summer

Old 12-21-2010, 05:39 AM   #10
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
I chum with corn and then use dough balls most of the time

Absolutely, I own a float tube...I got it from Bass pro last year. Its great for small ponds and areas hard to cast to
I used to fish for them as a kid in Central NY in a town called Canajoharie. They made Beech Nut baby food there, and the vegetables unfit for the baby food were dispersed by pipe underwater into the Mohawk River by way of a stream along side the Beech Nut plant.

The carp used to get huge there feeding off of the stuff. They would take the bait and run out towards the river. ...tough part is your line would get snapped rubbing on the underside of the concrete thruway supports when they would head out far enough towards the river.

Some of the guys used to use dough balls there as well, though i never did.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsab916 View Post
you ever use frosted mini wheat? you just grab a hand full, soak it wet, squeeze the water out and repeat until u have a solid ball...and use it just like your dough, usually after we cast out baits out we pinch off tiny balls and toss it around where our baits are, kinda like an attraction..

i just recently got into bow hunting for carps, it looks easy but don't let it fool you..not so easy....here's a picture from this summer

Thats awesome, Yea I've heard of using mini wheats and also wheaties. I used to bow fish in indiana during the summer. The rivers would flood and all the water would run into the corn fields and the carp would follow. It wasn't easy but I got a 38 lb carp with a bow...that was intense lol!
Old 10-29-2011, 06:22 PM   #12
whitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant future

Name: Matt
whitetail's Tacoma Gallery
I usually just chase em on the fly here in illinois
Attached Thumbnails
Any Carp Fishermen Out There??-carp.jpg   Any Carp Fishermen Out There??-kayak-carp.jpg   Any Carp Fishermen Out There??-carp-3.jpg   Any Carp Fishermen Out There??-1026081129.jpg  
Old 01-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #13
02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice02sr5trd is just really nice

Name: Donnie
02sr5trd's Tacoma Gallery
Have not fished for carp in years but it is a blast. As crazy as it sounds we used McDonald's French fries and would get hits almost instantly. Must be the grease that seeps off them that attracted them.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:28 PM   #14
tsab916 has a spectacular aura abouttsab916 has a spectacular aura abouttsab916 has a spectacular aura about

tsab916's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02sr5trd View Post
Have not fished for carp in years but it is a blast. As crazy as it sounds we used McDonald's French fries and would get hits almost instantly. Must be the grease that seeps off them that attracted them.
I have to try that...never heard of anybody using it....lol
Old 01-09-2012, 11:34 PM   #15
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDog01 View Post

I "think" redfish are a carp species, just saltwater.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #16
hawlisjawt is on a distinguished road

hawlisjawt's Tacoma Gallery
Yes i am.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #17
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Never spent much time fishing for them but i have been bowfishing carp since i was a kid. talk about fun, i suggest trying it if youve never been. this picture is from Lake Mead in Nevada.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #18
rydaniels is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
rydaniels's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by F16TACO View Post
Never spent much time fishing for them but i have been bowfishing carp since i was a kid. talk about fun, i suggest trying it if youve never been. this picture is from Lake Mead in Nevada.

is that a phillies hat all the way in NV...? and as far as the thread is concerned no carp just cats...but something on the end of the hook is better than nothing
Old 04-05-2012, 09:33 PM   #19
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydaniels View Post
is that a phillies hat all the way in NV...? and as far as the thread is concerned no carp just cats...but something on the end of the hook is better than nothing

Yeah dude. i grew up outside Philly. Was stationed in Las Vegas for four years. Nevada was the Last place i thought i would find good bowfishing but it turned out to be really good up at Lake Mead.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #20
rydaniels is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
rydaniels's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by F16TACO View Post
Yeah dude. i grew up outside Philly. Was stationed in Las Vegas for four years. Nevada was the Last place i thought i would find good bowfishing but it turned out to be really good up at Lake Mead.
where outside of philly? Im over the bridge in NJ 10 mins from the Ben Franklin. sweet deal on the bow fishing...Im gunna be spending my summer in Peoria IL, lots of silver carp there (the ones that jump and are over running the IL river) looking to break out my compound and get it set up