Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Built an BIG aluminum trailer for...

Old 01-02-2011, 01:49 AM   #1
Choot It!
kcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
kcrob1's Tacoma Gallery
Built an BIG aluminum trailer for...

Building a trailer for a 35' center console boat. Took about 6hrs and have about 3 more to go. We build custom aluminum trailers so if you're in need of one let me know...

Start:

Almost done:
Old 01-02-2011, 09:39 AM   #2
tsab916 has a spectacular aura abouttsab916 has a spectacular aura abouttsab916 has a spectacular aura about

tsab916's Tacoma Gallery
Dam nice...are you guys using tig or mig to weld those trailers up?
Old 01-02-2011, 10:03 AM   #3
Choot It!
kcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkcrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kcrob1's Tacoma Gallery
Its all bolt together with stainless steel hardware
Old 01-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #4
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrob1 View Post
Its all bolt together with stainless steel hardware
Good looking trailor! I don't know about stainless steel, but I know steel and aluminum corrode when in contact. I'm assuming not with stainless?
Old 01-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #5
Choot It!

kcrob1's Tacoma Gallery
Correct. That is the reason for all the high dollar stainless bolts. I spent $1800 replenishing some bolts and washers last week. I was like
Old 01-02-2011, 10:31 AM   #6
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Correct. That is the reason for all the high dollar stainless bolts. I spent $1800 replenishing some bolts and washers last week. I was like
OUCH! Well nice work!
Old 01-02-2011, 02:16 PM   #7
Tampa OG
streetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the rough
Name: Rich
streetdriven's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to streetdriven Send a message via Yahoo to streetdriven
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
Good looking trailor! I don't know about stainless steel, but I know steel and aluminum corrode when in contact. I'm assuming not with stainless?
hell no! stainless is the only way to go. But its not cheap. You go with steel it will rust to all shit in no time.

Thats one nice trailer good work dude! How much is it going for I would assume 3K ish. My trailer was 1.5k for a 18' flats boat only 2 wheels
Old 01-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #8
Choot It!

kcrob1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdriven View Post
hell no! stainless is the only way to go. But its not cheap. You go with steel it will rust to all shit in no time.

Thats one nice trailer good work dude! How much is it going for I would assume 3K ish. My trailer was 1.5k for a 18' flats boat only 2 wheels
Sold this one for $6K Its a triple torsion axle, 20k pound tounge, huge hubs with built on rotors (not slip on). Kind of pricey but he wanted it built special... normally are no where near that.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:14 PM   #9
Tampa OG
streetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the roughstreetdriven is a jewel in the rough
well you really built it right 6k sounds high but good for you for getting that!
Old 01-02-2011, 07:25 PM   #10
Choot It!

kcrob1's Tacoma Gallery
And forgot to mention 35' long 10" I beams. HEAVY Mothers!!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:49 AM   #11
Tampa OG
how much are those beams alone?
Old 01-04-2011, 08:17 AM   #12
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Streetdriven:

If you want to see similar trailers built close by, Myco Trailers does the same type of trailers here in Bradenton. Heavy aluminum but they weld a lot of theirs using the MIG welder.

JD
Old 01-04-2011, 05:58 PM   #14
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396tears View Post
i might build a big steel trailer
trying to haul your battleship? the taco might not be able to.... just sayin...

OP. That is a nice lookin trailer! good work!
Old 01-04-2011, 06:09 PM   #15
PWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Prescott
PWhite13's Tacoma Gallery
Since your in TX, and I'm in Cali, I probably wouldn't be able to get a trailer from you anyway. But I'm just curious if you guys would build an expedition style trailer. One built for offroad use; Real short, single axle,leaf-sprung, and with a box of some sort. That would be awesome for people who don't wanna have to build their own.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:20 PM   #16
0wrx2 is on a distinguished road
0wrx2's Tacoma Gallery
awesome looking trailer. looks top notch!

did you have to cut reliefs in the i beams to bend them?
Old 01-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #17
Choot It!

kcrob1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdriven View Post
how much are those beams alone?
Ran $1100.00 for the pair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntbiker2008 View Post
trying to haul your battleship? the taco might not be able to.... just sayin...

OP. That is a nice lookin trailer! good work!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWhite13 View Post
Since your in TX, and I'm in Cali, I probably wouldn't be able to get a trailer from you anyway. But I'm just curious if you guys would build an expedition style trailer. One built for offroad use; Real short, single axle,leaf-sprung, and with a box of some sort. That would be awesome for people who don't wanna have to build their own.
I have something that will be perfect if you want it. We built one out of scrap I-Beams. Its about 14' long, all aluminum, really light, single axle, I'll see what he wants for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0wrx2 View Post
awesome looking trailer. looks top notch!

did you have to cut reliefs in the i beams to bend them?
No we started by bolting the front axle, and the rear crossmember on. Then ratchet strapped the front and worked our way forward while tightening the straps... First one I built that way, but was a pretty cool way to do it. Just couldn't go to the front unless you were standing in the middle
Old 01-04-2011, 07:09 PM   #18
PWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I have something that will be perfect if you want it. We built one out of scrap I-Beams. Its about 14' long, all aluminum, really light, single axle, I'll see what he wants for it...
Sounds awesome, unfortunately I'm not quite ready to purchase one yet, but when I am, I'll definitely come into contact with you. I would post that trailer up here, maybe some one else will buy it.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #19
Choot It!

kcrob1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWhite13 View Post
Sounds awesome, unfortunately I'm not quite ready to purchase one yet, but when I am, I'll definitely come into contact with you. I would post that trailer up here, maybe some one else will buy it.
Yeah well let me know. We thought it was gonna be big enough for a small boat. When we got it done it was a little to big for a jet ski and a little to small for a boat... We are trying to figure out what to build on it though. May see about something like what you were talking about
Old 01-04-2011, 07:25 PM   #20

Quote:
Yeah well let me know. We thought it was gonna be big enough for a small boat. When we got it done it was a little to big for a jet ski and a little to small for a boat... We are trying to figure out what to build on it though. May see about something like what you were talking about
Yeah man, for sure. Maybe you could modify the trailer into a multiple motorcycle or ATV trailer.