Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

My new old boat what do you think?

Old 01-10-2011, 08:38 AM   #1
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
My new old boat what do you think?

I Finally got up to take some pics of my boat. I for got to remove the bum plug so i found a small lake inside due to the tarp having a small hole. After a pressure washer and and a shop vac it came out pretty good. The floors are probably shot but I planed on replacing the interior wood because there is dry rot. I have yet to take it out on the water sense I got it from my late father but it a few months I'm hitting the lake with a vengeance.

It's a 1977 Anthony haul with the original gel coat it's almost flawless.

455 Olds rebuilt and race ready I really don't know the specs on it I do know my dad had a lot of work done to it It needs a good polish but I runs like a champ.

The jet has a droop snoop and a jetavater and ride plate. I have been told it shoots the longest rooster tail out of every boat in Norcal.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:39 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!
Old 01-10-2011, 08:43 AM   #3
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
That is sweet!! Love it. How fast you think you can get that thing going?
Old 01-10-2011, 08:47 AM   #4
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
That is sweet!! Love it. How fast you think you can get that thing going?

Thanks guys my dad loved this boat. He clocked it with his GPS at 99mph but he said the conditions were not perfect so he thought it would do about 105mph
Old 01-10-2011, 08:48 AM   #5
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
Ahhh very nice enjoy
Old 01-10-2011, 08:51 AM   #6
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
?????.... I don't get it, you'll scare all the fish away.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:58 AM   #7
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Truck View Post
?????.... I don't get it, you'll scare all the fish away.

I know it's not a fishing boat My brother got the fishing boat. Believe it or not my dad would fish off this thing sometimes.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:59 AM   #8
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Thanks guys my dad loved this boat. He clocked it with his GPS at 99mph but he said the conditions were not perfect so he thought it would do about 105mph
Thats awsome. Good luck with it. Looks like alot of fun.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:06 AM   #9
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEVON911 View Post
Thats awsome. Good luck with it. Looks like alot of fun.

Thanks man and it is a lot of fun I don't know how much my girl is going to like it. She still hasn't heard it run yet
Old 01-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #10
vbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vbibi's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man, I used to have one my self. So far back I don't even remember.
Lots of fun, need friends with the same hobby and the sumer will be spend at the lake.
I am not shore about gas prices now a day, it may be expensive to enjoy.
Take care
vbibi
Old 01-10-2011, 09:18 AM   #11
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbibi View Post
Looks good man, I used to have one my self. So far back I don't even remember.
Lots of fun, need friends with the same hobby and the sumer will be spend at the lake.
I am not shore about gas prices now a day, it may be a expensive to enjoy.
Take care
vbibi
Yeah tell me about it. that's why I have friends without boats they all are wanting to go out and they have money for gas
Old 01-10-2011, 09:20 AM   #12
socal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Diego
socal16's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome boat!
Old 01-10-2011, 09:22 AM   #13
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal16 View Post
Awesome boat!

Thanks man
Old 01-20-2011, 09:51 PM   #14
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking boat, but im 99% sure that boat has never hit the 90s maybe even mid 80s with that setup. I have been around jet boats all my life and seen all kinds of setups, and that boat max with that setup (not sure on the impeller?) will hit the low 70s at best. If you wanna get it into the 90s, you might wanna looking at changing the powerplant to a 454/502 aluminum heads, 10:1, set the pump back a few inches, switch the droop with a straight snoot, and add a small shot of nitrous (150 shot). The gel does look good from the pictures, needs a good buffing and it will look like it came off the showroom floor .

Its good to see another jet on here tho, there arnt many!

Im sure you will have lots of fun with it no matter what
Old 01-21-2011, 07:56 AM   #15
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledvl View Post
Nice looking boat, but im 99% sure that boat has never hit the 90s maybe even mid 80s with that setup. I have been around jet boats all my life and seen all kinds of setups, and that boat max with that setup (not sure on the impeller?) will hit the low 70s at best. If you wanna get it into the 90s, you might wanna looking at changing the powerplant to a 454/502 aluminum heads, 10:1, set the pump back a few inches, switch the droop with a straight snoot, and add a small shot of nitrous (150 shot). The gel does look good from the pictures, needs a good buffing and it will look like it came off the showroom floor .

Its good to see another jet on here tho, there arnt many!

Im sure you will have lots of fun with it no matter what

Thanks man I I'm just going off what my dad told me I'll be able to tell you
what it hits this summer whenI take it out myself. Yeah the boat is not even clean in the pictures but it does need a good polish.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:15 AM   #16
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
That's awesome!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #18
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Dude. That is so badass and so seventies-ish. Is it a sidewinder hull?
Old 01-21-2011, 08:41 AM   #19
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
Dude. That is so badass and so seventies-ish. Is it a sidewinder hull?

Thanks it's a Anthony hull