LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

favorite boat pic

Old 08-27-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
pucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11b infantry
Name: Mike
pucksniper's Tacoma Gallery
favorite boat pic

what is your favorite boat pic ?
Old 08-27-2008, 07:37 PM   #2
Nobody makes me bleed my own blood.
mudduck will become famous soon enough

mudduck's Tacoma Gallery
wow...i cant post my favorite boat pic or tcbob will kick me out.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:06 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
My favorite pics went overboard when I dropped my wifes cammera off the bow. FWIW, digital cameras dont float.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:07 PM   #4
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Btw, that is a 47 foot Motor Life Boat

Old 08-27-2008, 09:27 PM   #5
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Btw, that is a 47 foot Motor Life Boat

What about the after the wave pic? Or is it on the bottom of the ocean?
Old 08-27-2008, 09:37 PM   #6
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2,000 HP Inflatable

http://www.snopes.com/photos/boats/drugrunner.asp#photo

Old 08-27-2008, 10:17 PM   #7
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post

Mother of God!
Old 08-27-2008, 10:23 PM   #8
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
What about the after the wave pic? Or is it on the bottom of the ocean?
Here is the whole series. From what I understand only the lighting has been changed on the photos to better highlight. I've got the original images in my e-mail somewhere. These I pulled off the webernet.

Old 08-27-2008, 10:28 PM   #9
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Here is the whole series. From what I understand only the lighting has been changed on the photos to better highlight. I've got the original images in my e-mail somewhere. These I pulled off the webernet.

Nothing like flirting with the rocks!
Old 08-27-2008, 10:32 PM   #10
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post

Mother of God!
James Earl Jones pic & saying. Too funny!

I bet it will yank the hell out of some skiers!
Old 08-27-2008, 10:37 PM   #11
The TW 1%
Quote:
That thing def has the shock factor going for it with those engines.

We ran into a DIW go-fast off of Columbia that was running triple Yanmar diesels (LY3 series) coupled with some seriously scary looking water piercing screws. Looking at the thing it would cut through swells at 70-80knots without a problem.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:52 PM   #12
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
That thing def has the shock factor going for it with those engines.

We ran into a DIW go-fast off of Columbia that was running triple Yanmar diesels (LY3 series) coupled with some seriously scary looking water piercing screws. Looking at the thing it would cut through swells at 70-80knots without a problem.
Must have some big cahoneys to run "through swells at 70-80knots". Hell I hate hitting 3-4' swells in my bass boat at 40mph.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:32 PM   #13
The TW 1%
Quote:
Must have some big cahoneys to run "through swells at 70-80knots". Hell I hate hitting 3-4' swells in my bass boat at 40mph.
Just because it can doesn't mean I would. The thing was a good 45 foot long and built pretty tough.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:23 AM   #14
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Just because it can doesn't mean I would. The thing was a good 45 foot long and built pretty tough.
That must be some kidney buster!
Old 08-28-2008, 10:15 AM   #15
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
This is my buddies Grady White. Here's the Story....

My friends always go camping at Capers Island off the coast of Charleston every year for spring break. I never go, i wanna spend spring break around a pool with drinks and grils in bikinis, not on some sandy campground surrounded by my drunk idiot friends. So anyway, they go out and set up camp, then as more of my friend trickle in, my buddy drew takes his boat (the Grady) back to the docks to pick them up, which is an hour cruise. So there is plenty of time to drink. So they had been drinking all night, and my buddy got off work and needed to be picked up at the dock. it was about 3AM by the time Drew picked him up and was heading back to the island, and he was pretty hammered. Caper's is surrounded by a shallow sand bar that goes out a couple hundred yards, and when the tide goes out...... well obviously the beach gets much bigger, and when you've been drinking and away from teh island, you forget that fact. So drew is cruising back in around 30 mph, happy and drunk as can be, when his boat suddenly stops. Yup, my idiot friends got his boat completely run aground. So what do they do? they all get out, sit on chairs and coolers and wait till the tide comes back in. Thats when the picture was taken. the sun was coming up, they were all hammered and waiting for the tide. anyway, the tide comes in and they still cant get the boat off the sand bar and have to call Sea Tow. It takes 2 Sea Tow boats to get the boat back into the water (luckily Drew pays a yearly fee to get unlimited sea tow services..... this wasn't the first time he had to call for trouble in the ocean.

Side note, some boat magazine was holding a "show your best boat pic" competition, and the guy that actually took the picture submitted it and won a Four Wins Bow Rider with that picture. The original picture was better, this one has been cropped to fit a web page that i got it from. i dont know who has the original except the guy that actually took the picture, but we dont get along so i'm not planning on emailing him for it
Attached Thumbnails
favorite boat pic-cropped-top.jpg  
Old 08-28-2008, 10:16 AM   #16
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
BTW, there was absolutely no damage to the Grady White whatsoever. Grady makes one of the best made hulls on the market
Old 08-28-2008, 12:37 PM   #17

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymar00n View Post
Can't disagree there. Gradys and Whalers are the 2 I think of when strength is mentioned...
yeah, he ran that bastard completely aground with the hammer down and no damage at all. He's had that boat for a good 7 years now and its been through hell and back but its one of the funnest boats in the world. it really stands out on the lakes around here. unfortunately it has two gas tanks, a 100 gallon main tank and a 50 gallon auxilary tank for a grand total of 150 gallons and it gets less than 2 miles per gallon..... so its not fun to fill up
Old 08-28-2008, 01:52 PM   #18
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
This is my buddies Grady White. Here's the Story....

My friends always go camping at Capers Island off the coast of Charleston every year for spring break. I never go, i wanna spend spring break around a pool with drinks and grils in bikinis, not on some sandy campground surrounded by my drunk idiot friends. So anyway, they go out and set up camp, then as more of my friend trickle in, my buddy drew takes his boat (the Grady) back to the docks to pick them up, which is an hour cruise. So there is plenty of time to drink. So they had been drinking all night, and my buddy got off work and needed to be picked up at the dock. it was about 3AM by the time Drew picked him up and was heading back to the island, and he was pretty hammered. Caper's is surrounded by a shallow sand bar that goes out a couple hundred yards, and when the tide goes out...... well obviously the beach gets much bigger, and when you've been drinking and away from teh island, you forget that fact. So drew is cruising back in around 30 mph, happy and drunk as can be, when his boat suddenly stops. Yup, my idiot friends got his boat completely run aground. So what do they do? they all get out, sit on chairs and coolers and wait till the tide comes back in. Thats when the picture was taken. the sun was coming up, they were all hammered and waiting for the tide. anyway, the tide comes in and they still cant get the boat off the sand bar and have to call Sea Tow. It takes 2 Sea Tow boats to get the boat back into the water (luckily Drew pays a yearly fee to get unlimited sea tow services..... this wasn't the first time he had to call for trouble in the ocean.

Side note, some boat magazine was holding a "show your best boat pic" competition, and the guy that actually took the picture submitted it and won a Four Wins Bow Rider with that picture. The original picture was better, this one has been cropped to fit a web page that i got it from. i dont know who has the original except the guy that actually took the picture, but we dont get along so i'm not planning on emailing him for it

That is funny as hell! +1 for your story.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:15 PM   #19

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That is funny as hell! +1 for your story.
it's a scientific fact that if you hang out with me and my friends long enough something ridiculously stupid is bound to happen...

i have been on multiple boats that have been run aground. one was a crappy boat my buddy stole from my other buddy while he was passed out. he actually destroyed the hull. he was a jackass
Old 08-28-2008, 08:04 PM   #20
Raviolilover is on a distinguished road

Raviolilover's Tacoma Gallery
Here's my boat, she's a beauty!!! I dont know how sea worthy she is but, darn it she has a great name...