Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

What is your favorite fishing lure?

Old 08-29-2008, 09:53 PM   #21
tacohunter will become famous soon enoughtacohunter will become famous soon enough

tacohunter's Tacoma Gallery
And to stay on-topic... I dig topwater in the morning (buzzbaits and Rebel Pop-Rs are my faves)... followed by a black/blue Strike King jig with a blue/metal flake trailer OR an 8-inch purple/metalflake Culprit worm for farm pond bass.

I always carry a few spinnerbaits and Rattle Traps in Tennessee Shad or red crawfish for backup, and the ultra-shallow crankbaits from Bandit and Manns are the ticket when nothing else seems to draw a strike.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:59 PM   #22
Carolina Alliance: Quack Addict
01TacoTRD will become famous soon enough

01TacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 01TacoTRD
My ultimate shallow crankbait is BY FAR the Bagley Balsa B II. I've crushed the competition in tournaments on it numerous times and not many people throw it. Favorite spinnerbait would be a Zone (now custom made) 4 bladed spinnerbait
Old 08-29-2008, 10:01 PM   #23
tacohunter will become famous soon enoughtacohunter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01TacoTRD View Post
My ultimate shallow crankbait is BY FAR the Bagley Balsa B II. I've crushed the competition in tournaments on it numerous times and not many people throw it. Favorite spinnerbait would be a Zone (now custom made) 4 bladed spinnerbait
I've never heard of the Zone... is it new?

I like Bagley's as well... I have a favorite in Tennesee Shad that goes to about 6 feet with a wobble you feel clear down to your feet. It's the only one I have, and only appears when nothing else seems to work. Those things are worth the extra protection.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:04 PM   #24

Zone is about like Hildebrandt. They are spinnerbaits from the past but they only make custom ones now from what I understand. I have them made by the man I know at Zone as well as people from the Fishing Expo here in Raleigh every year. I throw alot of bandit crankbaits but I throw Bomber the most, from model A's to Fat A's to Deep Diving Fat Free Shads fish EAT BOMBER
Old 08-29-2008, 10:15 PM   #25
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
i love finding a good,small pond in the middle of nowhere and tossing a good ol spinnerbait around...........big bass in those types of ponds, and its fun when a ol' lunker comes outta the water with the spinner too!!!
Old 08-29-2008, 10:18 PM   #26

Custom equals expensive... too rich for me.

I agree about the Bombers... there are a few lakes around here with good populations of bass where the bait of choice right off the ramp is a Bomber A or a Bandit down to about 12 feet. Firetiger and Firecraw never seem to be a bad choice.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:20 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i love finding a good,small pond in the middle of nowhere and tossing a good ol spinnerbait around...........big bass in those types of ponds, and its fun when a ol' lunker comes outta the water with the spinner too!!!
Well... there you are... Why didn't you come to KC and say hello, you redneck. The coyote hunters were out in force and the camo was a popular stop.

You ready for hunting season out your way?
Old 08-29-2008, 10:23 PM   #28

Blue back, Chartreuse sides are BAR NONE the best color of Rapala, Bomber, Bandit, Strike King, Manns, Bagleys, etc. especially these lakes around here where shallow timber is the best bite late in the summer.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:25 PM   #29
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacohunter View Post
Well... there you are... Why didn't you come to KC and say hello, you redneck. The coyote hunters were out in force and the camo was a popular stop.

You ready for hunting season out your way?
hey man!!!! i would have loved to been there!!! that would have been a great time!! maybe next time. im ready for hunting season, but with my damn neck problem, and upcoming surgery, im not sureif i'll even get to use my bow this year. no grip in my left arm man, and i cant even pull my bow back now(i shoot right handed), cause my left arm wants to drop the friggin bow. too weak.....damn pinched nerves and ruptured discs!!! im gonna try like hell to rehab myself ina hurry tho.....gotta get in the woods soon!!
Old 08-29-2008, 10:27 PM   #30

Will, Check out my thread on Alarm System Problems I am experiencing here is the link. See if you got any ideas....

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-problems.html
Old 08-29-2008, 10:31 PM   #31

Quote:
hey man!!!! i would have loved to been there!!! that would have been a great time!! maybe next time. im ready for hunting season, but with my damn neck problem, and upcoming surgery, im not sureif i'll even get to use my bow this year. no grip in my left arm man, and i cant even pull my bow back now(i shoot right handed), cause my left arm wants to drop the friggin bow. too weak.....damn pinched nerves and ruptured discs!!! im gonna try like hell to rehab myself ina hurry tho.....gotta get in the woods soon!!
Holy crap... I must have dropped out of the loop. What the hell happened? That sucks on an epic scale!

You didn't miss much... the whole place sounded like a dog pound on acid for three days with every call vendor trying to out-call the other. JEEEEZ if I never hear another coyote howl for a few months I'll be grateful!

I hope you get better, dude... nothing heals like the woods and getting back to nature. Keep me posted on the recovery. I'll tip a few back and say a few words to the Great Spirit for you.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:37 PM   #32

Quote:
Holy crap... I must have dropped out of the loop. What the hell happened? That sucks on an epic scale!

You didn't miss much... the whole place sounded like a dog pound on acid for three days with every call vendor trying to out-call the other. JEEEEZ if I never hear another coyote howl for a few months I'll be grateful!

I hope you get better, dude... nothing heals like the woods and getting back to nature. Keep me posted on the recovery. I'll tip a few back and say a few words to the Great Spirit for you.
basically, its an old injury that finally gave way. i havent been to work in a little over a month, and going to be out a bit longer(doctors are really slow). basically, i got a ruptured disc in mu upper back/neck, and spinal stenosis to go with it. it hurts like hell......but i do as i always do brotha....deal with it. then, my dad dying a few weeks back hasnt helped the situation either, so we are just managing i reckon. i'll definitely keep you posted on the recovery and all man. gotta get in the woods........hell, thats my relaxation!!
Old 08-29-2008, 10:37 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01TacoTRD View Post
Will, Check out my thread on Alarm System Problems I am experiencing here is the link. See if you got any ideas....

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...-problems.html
will do bud!!
Old 08-29-2008, 10:53 PM   #34

Quote:
basically, its an old injury that finally gave way. i havent been to work in a little over a month, and going to be out a bit longer(doctors are really slow). basically, i got a ruptured disc in mu upper back/neck, and spinal stenosis to go with it. it hurts like hell......but i do as i always do brotha....deal with it. then, my dad dying a few weeks back hasnt helped the situation either, so we are just managing i reckon. i'll definitely keep you posted on the recovery and all man. gotta get in the woods........hell, thats my relaxation!!
Wow. I had no idea.

I just did a search on spinal stenosis... my sincere prayers for a full recovery, my friend. I know you'll come through with guns blazing... you have too much attitude to be put down by this. Don't let the bastard get you down.

My condolences on the loss of your father. I wish I had words that would console that, but I'm sure that whatever I say here would fall short. I haven't had that experience yet, but as years pile on I realize the mortality of those I hold dear. Hold his memory close.

Hang in there, brother. I'll be looking for news here and I'll keep a few words between me and the greater powers for you and yours.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:01 PM   #35

Quote:
Wow. I had no idea.

I just did a search on spinal stenosis... my sincere prayers for a full recovery, my friend. I know you'll come through with guns blazing... you have too much attitude to be put down by this. Don't let the bastard get you down.

My condolences on the loss of your father. I wish I had words that would console that, but I'm sure that whatever I say here would fall short. I haven't had that experience yet, but as years pile on I realize the mortality of those I hold dear. Hold his memory close.

Hang in there, brother. I'll be looking for news here and I'll keep a few words between me and the greater powers for you and yours.
i appreciate it brotha!! its been a tough little while, but it'll get better. we plan on spreading my dad's ashes in the mountains of the pisgah national forest, where he loved to hike and camp!! its a worthy tribute i believe. i will keep you in the loop also........and you are right, aint gonna let a neck injury keep me outta the woods........i live for the woods man!!
Old 08-29-2008, 11:07 PM   #36

I agree... a worthy tribute indeed, and I'm sure he'd be honored.

It's good that he had a son who would do such things for him. You just went up a few notches in my book, and I'm looking forward to meeting you some day.

Hang tough, bro.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:13 PM   #37

Quote:
I agree... a worthy tribute indeed, and I'm sure he'd be honored.

It's good that he had a son who would do such things for him. You just went up a few notches in my book, and I'm looking forward to meeting you some day.

Hang tough, bro.
hey man............there were times that my father and i, and this probably for everyone, really didnt get along, but in the end, he's my father, and i love and miss him dearly. its still hard to talk about, but i know he's in a better place now, so i can rest easy knowing it.

yep.....definitely gotta get up and hunt one day!!! it'll be great times man!!
Old 08-30-2008, 07:57 AM   #38
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
Skitter props, jitterbugs, Big dead ringer red shad worm T-rigged
Old 09-15-2008, 05:37 PM   #39
©1975
aaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cap'n Crunch
aaronatl's Tacoma Gallery
my nephews were using some $ .99 wal-mart lures
and then a little spray of WD-40 catching alot of fiish
me: I was using mill worms & lures and didn't even get a strike

none-the-less they did not share their trade secret
on how to catch fish, i had to figure it out
Old 09-15-2008, 10:36 PM   #40
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
For Bass: rico Poprs sp?, Zaar spooks, drop shotting robo worms, and dragging a big ol Carolina rigged 10 in. worm can get some big lunkers

Trout: 1.5"-3" floating rapalas, panther martin spinners in the rivers and live nightcrawlers of course