Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

What is your favorite fishing lure?

Old 08-27-2008, 08:05 PM   #1
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
What is your favorite fishing lure?

For the fishermen/fisherwomen. What is that one lure you find yourself using consistently? The tried and true lure that you can always count on.

Here is mine. A friend makes these lures as a hobby. I have done very well with his stuff.

http://www.jpjigs.com/DockSlingers.php

I usually use a watermelon seed zoom fat albert grub & chartreuse the tail.

I fish mostly on Lake Lanier. North of Atlanta
Old 08-27-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
something i can always use and catch an array of fish with is the rooster tail........and i also like berkley powerbait pumpkin seed worm...texas-rigged.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:12 PM   #3
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-27-2008, 08:13 PM   #4
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm soooo ready to get back out for some bass fishing.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:13 PM   #5
Senior Citizen
Oscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of light

Oscar 319's Tacoma Gallery
I like Rapala's and Panther Martin spinners...most of my fishing is ultra-light in high mountain streams and rivers for trout.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:14 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
white dual bladed spinner bait.....black/blue tailed worm texas rigged...
Old 08-27-2008, 08:16 PM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i also find myself using my bleeding shad rat-l-trap a good bit
Old 08-27-2008, 08:16 PM   #8
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar 319 View Post
I like Rapala's and Panther Martin spinners...most of my fishing is ultra-light in high mountain streams and rivers for trout.
trout fishing is fun.....especially with an ultra-light rod,4 to 6 #line, and a small spinner!! they fight like hell!! and they are good eating too!!
Old 08-27-2008, 08:23 PM   #9
Senior Citizen
Oscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of lightOscar 319 is a glorious beacon of light

Oscar 319's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
trout fishing is fun.....especially with an ultra-light rod,4 to 6 #line, and a small spinner!! they fight like hell!! and they are good eating too!!

4# test is all I use. The best part of catching the little bastards is the scenery and cool mountain air....not the trophies. I should start mailing my fish to you..... I am catch-and-release only. I am more a steak and beer dude. But fishing is the shit!
Old 08-27-2008, 08:28 PM   #10
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
4# test is all I use. The best part of catching the little bastards is the scenery and cool mountain air....not the trophies. I should start mailing my fish to you..... I am catch-and-release only. I am more a steak and beer dude. But fishing is the shit!

I'm catch & release also. Hell if I want fish, Publix grocery store is on the way home. Too much of a pain to clean them when you have been at the lake all day.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:30 PM   #11

Quote:
when me and my dad used to go camping, we'd always trout fish a bit while we were ther....pisgah national forest/turkey pen gap. the scenery......mountains,creeks, ridges, waterfalls......huge rock faces and a big lake way on up the mountains. we walk in 8 miles and set up camp.......then ford(sp) the creeks and go back packing to the lake. we'd catch some trout and come back, make a camp fire and eat what we caught. im a beer and steak guy myself....but i love fish too. hell.........now im reminiscing.......miss my dad man!! gonna get back to the mountains soon!!
Old 08-27-2008, 09:54 PM   #12
Lord of Tomfoolery

Good Memories

Now you need to have a Son & take him on adventures like that.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:57 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
Now you need to have a Son & take him on adventures like that.
yep.........im aiming to have a boy and a girl, and they will both know the outdoors!!!
Old 08-28-2008, 12:31 AM   #14
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
yep.........im aiming to have a boy and a girl, and they will both know the outdoors!!!

Good for you! I have an 11 yr old Son. And I do all sorts of outdoor things with him. I want him to have good memories of the time we had together & for him to do the same with his kids. Oh and can't forget PS3 battles(Need for speed,Blazing Angels, & Dirt); for those not so nice days.

Unfortunately my father wasn't the outdoors/fishing type. I do have fond memories from the golf course.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:39 AM   #15
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
i gotta admit, rooster tail or a weedless worm. i get pretty good results with.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:33 PM   #17
Ask for forgiveness than permission
ShorelineFab will become famous soon enoughShorelineFab will become famous soon enough

ShorelineFab's Tacoma Gallery
EAL !

Old 08-28-2008, 07:06 PM   #18
TRDreamin is on a distinguished road

TRDreamin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRDreamin
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
Unfortunately my father wasn't the outdoors/fishing type. I do have fond memories from the golf course.
My dad really isn't either, but watching the Red Sox with him or listening to him recall the old days of Havlicek and the Celtics is sweet.

As for fishing, I fish saltwater about 90% of the time and prefer jigs over anything else. It's not quite as exciting as seeing a fish hit a topwater lure but much more versatile. Give me some Burkley Gulp! Root Beer Jerk Shad and a locally made Monte's Jig, and I'm a happy angler. I fish around the Goodland, 10K island area, mostly snook, reds, trout, and occasionaly tarpon.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:48 PM   #19
tacohunter will become famous soon enoughtacohunter will become famous soon enough

tacohunter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
when me and my dad used to go camping, we'd always trout fish a bit while we were ther....pisgah national forest/turkey pen gap. the scenery......mountains,creeks, ridges, waterfalls......huge rock faces and a big lake way on up the mountains. we walk in 8 miles and set up camp.......then ford(sp) the creeks and go back packing to the lake. we'd catch some trout and come back, make a camp fire and eat what we caught. im a beer and steak guy myself....but i love fish too. hell.........now im reminiscing.......miss my dad man!! gonna get back to the mountains soon!!

I still stand by the invite if you're ever cruisin' thru the midwest. I've got the hunting and fishing... and a place to cook the steaks if you're so inclined. Bring the brood and we'll hook it up.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:52 PM   #20
Carolina Alliance: Quack Addict
01TacoTRD will become famous soon enough

01TacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 01TacoTRD
Well, it all depends on what time of year it is. During spring or fall when fish are relating to shallow cover, I throw alot of spinnerbaits and buzzbaits also spro frogs and senkos. But during the summer, big crankbaits, football head jigs, and carolina rigs are da bomb on deep structure