Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

fishing rod

Old 02-26-2011, 06:53 PM   #1
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
fishing rod

Who keeps a fishing rod in their truck (like permanently for if you find a place to fish along the road)?
and
Where do you keep it?

also, what kind of rod it is (collapsable, pack rod, ect...)
Old 02-26-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
KPT has a nice setup diy
Old 02-26-2011, 06:55 PM   #3
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i keep a 6ft pack 4 piece pack rod with a bait caster and small tackle box in my truck permanently
it stays behind my rear seats next to my sub box
Old 02-26-2011, 06:57 PM   #4
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
i keep a 6ft pack 4 piece pack rod with a bait caster and small tackle box in my truck permanently
i have an ugly stick with a shimano ss
Old 02-26-2011, 07:00 PM   #5

awesome, where do you store it?
Old 02-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #6

crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
awesome, where do you store it?
in the access cab floor the few times i went this past summer....it breaks in half and my weathertech's protected the floor
i also have a topper now
Old 02-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #7

i keep mine behind the seats 24/7, 365 days a year (except when detailing inside of my truck, in which case there is nothing in my truck, and it goes right back in
Old 03-09-2011, 06:17 PM   #8
Gray Tacoma is on a distinguished road
Marines: USMC Aircraft Crew chief
Gray Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought this small truck with not much storage.I use all 1 pc rods on the boat but I bought a 6 foot 2pc St Croix spinning rod to keep in the truck ,I keep it in a rod sock in under the back seats in the access cab.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:19 PM   #9
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
I keep mine in the little bins here:

I've got a 4 piece fly rod that I keep in their normally. The camper shell locks so I don't have to worry about anything.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:52 PM   #10
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
i keep my old browning syntec with a small abu spinning reel in mine. i just stick the handle down on the ground on the pass side and let it rest next to the seat belt clip. someone else can sit there without it gettin in the way and it is easily accessable. and i have caught spur of the moment fish with it. during winter i keep it with a rooster tail for trout and summer i keep it with a small texas rig worm
Old 03-10-2011, 10:26 AM   #11
Gray Tacoma is on a distinguished road
Marines: USMC Aircraft Crew chief
Gray Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Yes there good rods ,I dont have any of the high end Legend Series I use the Avid and the Premier . 2 piece rods dont usually have a good sensitivety but the St Croix Premier ps60mf2 is as sensitive as the 1 pc .
Old 03-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #12
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Bad part about tacomas and good bass rods is that they are all 6-7 feet long and one piece. So I just put them in my boat when traveling. Cant really carry a spare around, besides that I couldnt decide on just a couple lures, I need to have my complete arsenal when bassin!
Old 03-10-2011, 11:32 AM   #13

just keep a few, like pick 10 or something and a pack rod and reel to keep in your truck for an unexpected fishing opportunity
Old 03-10-2011, 02:48 PM   #14

very true, but it takes a special skill to cast a fly rod, a skill that i dont have and cant manage to get

i will will stick with my pack rod
Old 03-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #15

very true
i will stick with my bait casters and normal rods
Old 03-11-2011, 04:54 AM   #16
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
just keep a few, like pick 10 or something and a pack rod and reel to keep in your truck for an unexpected fishing opportunity
I am almost 40 years old there are not unexpected fishin opportunities like when I was 18. I wish there were, but I make plans to go fishin nowadays.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:55 AM   #17
The Stroker Ace

Quote:
very true
i will stick with my bait casters and normal rods
This ^^^^^
Old 03-11-2011, 05:10 AM   #18
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Mines stay up top along with blankets to keep them safe...dang cranks always catching on the blankets tho
Old 03-11-2011, 06:19 AM   #19

so you keep the overhead carrier on?
Old 03-11-2011, 06:24 AM   #20
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namyo View Post
Mines stay up top along with blankets to keep them safe...dang cranks always catching on the blankets tho
dude, that looks tits!