Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

whats the best?

Old 03-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #1
Thank you to all our miltary personnel for serving
TyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
TyT's Tacoma Gallery
whats the best?

I wanted to know what some of the best lake fishing gear to get is! rods reels line bait etc etc

Thanks Ty
Old 03-09-2011, 07:48 PM   #3
TyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shedTyT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TyT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
Yikes.where to start? What are you fishing for, where are you fishing? But the bait of choice for bass last year was Powerbait 6" worms colored tequila sunrise. I never caught so many bass in my life as I did last year.
A lake and mostly bass and or crappie or brim!
Old 03-09-2011, 07:55 PM   #4
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
a pretty general good setup is a trick worm texas rig. i like pumpkin with chartreuse tip. berkley smooth cast is a good line. can't go wrong with an ugly stik rod. reels you could go on and on and on about whats best and what works for everyone. if you only can have one i would recommend a shimano spinning reel
Old 03-10-2011, 05:39 AM   #5
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
For a beginner I wouldn't spend alot of money for top quality expensive equipment. An inexpensive rod & spinning reel combo from walmart will do. I like the medium heavy rods. 10-12 flourocarbon line is a good starting point for bass. Check Bass pro in Macon for any free classes. You can learn alot from those. Last week I took a crappie class. I know the bass pro in Lawrenceville is having a spring bass class march 12th @2pm.

Depending on the lakes you fish & the color of the water. Makes a difference on the lure color. For muddy lakes, like sinclair. Anything in chartruese or white is best. For clear lakes, watermelon seed or white worked best for me. 3/8 oz Spinnerbaits on windy days.
There are so many lures for different situations & seasons. The best thing is to fish with an experienced friend or go with a lake guide. Then there is also lots of info on the web.
Try havefunfishing.com as a starting point. Or another board I'm a member on devoted to fishing. Bassboatmagazine.com
Old 03-10-2011, 06:15 AM   #6
Major91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Major91's Tacoma Gallery
I just upgraded my fishing rod to a Carrot Stix and by far the lightest most perfect rod i have seen ever. Plus it has a lifetime warranty. Bought it on Ebay for 75 bucks. Just picked up a Penn real to company with it....
Old 03-10-2011, 06:31 PM   #7

TyT's Tacoma Gallery
I here great things about ugly sticks and abu gracia all the tome but never heard of carrot sticks
Old 03-11-2011, 05:02 AM   #8
Major91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMajor91 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Major91's Tacoma Gallery
It's something you see alot on the Bass Tourney's on ESPN. The rods will be orange in color. If you have a Bass Pro shop around check em out or see em on the net.......very nice quality........
Old 03-11-2011, 05:32 AM   #9
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
I like dragging something like this real slow across the bottom....imagine Being him sliding down there...be one with the worm
Old 03-11-2011, 05:51 AM   #10
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
bass stopper.....ftw
Old 03-12-2011, 12:58 PM   #11
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major91 View Post
I just upgraded my fishing rod to a Carrot Stix and by far the lightest most perfect rod i have seen ever. Plus it has a lifetime warranty. Bought it on Ebay for 75 bucks. Just picked up a Penn real to company with it....
The yellow skeet reece rods are also really slick. I tried one of those out. just cant justify spendin the money right now