LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Ice Road Truckers- Minnesota Style

Old 03-31-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
1x1's Tacoma Gallery
Ice Road Truckers- Minnesota Style

Last weekend on Lake of The Woods near the Minnesota/Ontario border. 14 miles out, still 40" of solid ice on the lake. Could average about 25mph, the ice is really rough with the refrozen snow. Kind of a strange feeling when you can't see land in your review mirror and can't see the horizon in front of you. Just lots of white in nearly every direction.

29" Walleye caught and released.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Nice catch!
Old 03-31-2011, 11:38 AM   #3
rydaniels is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
rydaniels's Tacoma Gallery
If that were me that fish would have never made it back in the water...it would have been dinner...I loved fishing in WI, we dont have good fishing in NJ
Old 04-01-2011, 08:41 AM   #4
RedTaco2134 will become famous soon enoughRedTaco2134 will become famous soon enough

Army: E-1
Name: Scott
RedTaco2134's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Bug eye! I see people catching lunker's all the time here on the Columbia River, but I don't know how to fish for them. I just stick to the Salmon, great catch!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:44 AM   #5
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Nice!!!!
Old 04-02-2011, 08:10 PM   #6
1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1x1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
1x1's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. Might be a while before I have a picture worthy fish and my Tacoma in the same shot. If I would have known the big ones are good smokey I would have kept it. I found out most of the old walleye's eggs don't fertilize so keeping one doesn't really hurt the population. There is a no keep slot from 19.5" - 28" on that lake.

I went steelhead (migratory rainbows from lake superior for you west coast guys) fishing today. Caught some trout but no steel. Lots of fishing opportunities in this area.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:21 PM   #7
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Hell yeah! Walleye is my favorite fish to eat! Its hard to come by out here in AZ. When I lived in Indiana I used to go out to the lakes and catch the hell outta them and Perch. I used to go to a Tackle Shop/Restaurant called Lunkers in Edwardsburg Michigan

Congrats and thanks for sharing!
Old 04-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #8
1x1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
You should try fishing for steelies here on the west coast! ive only gone one (2 years ago) but holy shit was it incredible! Heres my big guy i got 2 years ago! (wish i couldve gone this last year :/)
Nice fish! I would love to head out the NW steelie fishing. Someday I will make it out there.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:36 PM   #9
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, I'm a few hours away from there didn't know there was still ice on the lake
Old 12-01-2011, 02:07 PM   #10
kneisska is a glorious beacon of lightkneisska is a glorious beacon of lightkneisska is a glorious beacon of lightkneisska is a glorious beacon of lightkneisska is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Karl
kneisska's Tacoma Gallery
Just waitin' for the freeze

The original post to this thread is making my even happier that we finally got some snow today (in the TC here). Looking forward to another season of lunkers on the tip ups...

PS - my fishing spot is near the town of Marcel, MN.

Good luck--