Notices

Which Sunglasses?

View Poll Results: Which Sunglasses
M Frame 17 53.13%
M Frame Ballistic 2.0 (~5 Bucks more) 15 46.88%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Which Sunglasses?

Im gonna be buying some oakleys for this summer. Primarily going to be wearing them everyday Mowing Lawns, Detailing Cars, And Fishing the the Ozarks. I was thinking some oakley M frames with the strike lense. But i can also get some Oakley M frame Ballistic 2.0. The ballistic ones seem to be built better for more durability and impact resistence. what do you think? both would be with just grey non polarized lenses.

Ballistic 2.0s-

M frames-

Old 04-05-2011, 01:04 PM   #2
tc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedtc98tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nik
tc98tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Either are awesome I would get the ballistics they look a little better but you should try to get polarized its worth it Nd makes a big difference
I have reg mframes I wear them everyday
Old 04-05-2011, 01:05 PM   #3
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
One last note, The 2.0s have a different lense. but aparently if you take the middle part off of them any M frame lense fits. 2.0s are 5 bucks more
Old 04-05-2011, 01:06 PM   #4
FJ FTW!
southern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

southern_x's Tacoma Gallery
polarized FTW, and ballistic frames
Old 04-05-2011, 01:07 PM   #5
cohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shedcohrmundt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cullen
cohrmundt's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cohrmundt
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc98tacoma View Post
Either are awesome I would get the ballistics they look a little better but you should try to get polarized its worth it Nd makes a big difference
I have reg mframes I wear them everyday
X2 polarized are definitely worth it!!
Old 04-05-2011, 01:08 PM   #6
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
I have a few sets new if any one need a set at a good price
Old 04-05-2011, 01:09 PM   #7
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking of going and picking these up... since I'm going to be the Qatari desert for the next year it would be nice to have a good set of shades

I'm afraid I might lose them though
Old 04-05-2011, 01:12 PM   #8
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
I was thinking of going and picking these up... since I'm going to be the desert for the next year it would be nice to have a good set of shades

NICE! i was actually picking up two sets atm. Im getting some Fuel Cells matte black with grey polarized lenses like this-

and so i wanted to get some everyday working glasses that would stand up to some abuse. im leaning towards the 2.0s just because they look cooler(tougher) and i have never worn them before. i have worn M frames
Old 04-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #10
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Just left and bought these...GASCANS polarized
Old 04-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #11
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I have these. Primarily use them out fishing on the boat. Polarized are awesome on the water.

http://www.oakley.com/products/5716/19861

I also have a several year old pair of I think Whiskers. Non polarized. Use them for driving. I want to get a new pair of glasses for driving though haven't decided which yet though.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:50 PM   #12
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
M frame.

A cleaner look IMO...
Old 04-05-2011, 11:24 PM   #13
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
If i could get the ballistic 2.0s in polarized i would but they dont make polarized lenses for that model. just grey,clear and VR28
Old 04-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #14
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer function over form. If I can't get a polarized lens in a pair of glasses I'm not buying them.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:38 PM   #15
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
I wore Oakleys for a long time. Got a pair of Costa Del Mar Harpoons w/ 580 green glass lenses last year. Won't ever go back.

Old 04-06-2011, 04:42 PM   #16
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Costa does make several other models of sunglasses, some like the Oakleys pictured above:

I'm not a Costa rep or anything... Just really like the sunglasses I have and I'm really glad that I got them. Also, so you don't think I'm wasting time/posts by taking a "Costa Crap" in the thread... I voted in the poll.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:18 PM   #17
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
NICE! i was actually picking up two sets atm. Im getting some Fuel Cells matte black with grey polarized lenses like this-

and so i wanted to get some everyday working glasses that would stand up to some abuse. im leaning towards the 2.0s just because they look cooler(tougher) and i have never worn them before. i have worn M frames
I have the Fuel Cells now that I wear daily. Love them. I have the M frame too, but the lens was broken on them during one of my flights to Sydney, Australia and I haven't bought a replacement lens yet. Was going to buy some Spys recently, but decided to wait on them. Gonna go with the logans eventually, or convince girlfriend to buy them for me at her work using her discount
Old 04-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #18
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
post pics of the spys once you get them
Old 04-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #19
Bad decisions make great stories.
Lost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shedLost_Humanity is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lost_Humanity's Tacoma Gallery
Get the Ballistics.

And pick me up a pair.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:45 PM   #20
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
i already got the ballistics haha.