Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Price for mount?

Old 04-09-2011, 08:36 AM   #1
blackonwhite is on a distinguished road
blackonwhite's Tacoma Gallery
Price for mount?

I caught a 9 pound large mouth last night and I have called every taxidermist i can find and none are open on saturdays, but my question is about how much does it cost to get a fish mounted? does it go by size?
Old 04-28-2011, 08:14 AM   #3
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Did you actually keep this fish and want a traditional mount? What most people do now is weigh it, measure it for length and girth, take a photo for a fibergalss reproduction and put the fish back in the water alove. That way the large fish genes are put back in the gene pool of the fish population.

Typical taxidermy costs for that mount here in SW Florida would probably run $150. Repros are cheaper.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:28 AM   #4
masshole taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Big Daddy
masshole taco's Tacoma Gallery
lets see a picture of that bad boy...
Old 04-29-2011, 04:47 AM   #5
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
I posted pictures of 6-1/2 lb and 8-1/2 lb bass caught this month in the "show your fish" thread. Both caught on Senkos.