1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tahoe Q5 Ski Fish boat...opinions?

Discussion in 'Boating & Fishing' started by bridgcat, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Apr 12, 2011 at 7:03 PM
    bridgcat

bridgcat [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 4x4 SR5 TRD Offroad
    Avid Off-road Light bar w/ Line-X, American Aluminum Black LP Toolbox, N Fab black step bars,In-Channel Vent Visors, two 10" Rockford subs, Pioneer Double Din DVD player w/ Metra dash kit, 285/65R18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT/s. 18x9" Black XD Monsters. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. Color matched grille with FJ Tacoma badge. De-badged with black, "4x4" badge on tail gate. Mud flap delete mod. Custon TRD decal, color matched rear bumper, Icon extended travel reservoir coilovers, Icon rear reservoir shocks, Dakar rear leaf pack, extended stainless steel brake lines, Camburg uniball upper control arms, timeren bump stops,Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, Rockford Fosgate Door speakers, Dynomat doors and rear panel, All pro front bumper.
    Well...I'm considering buying a new boat when I get home from work this hitch. Does anyone have any experience with the Tahoe Q5 Ski Fish? It looks awesome and seems to be perfect for a day on the lake doing some fishing and skiing. I just want some info from anyone who has one or has had one. I'm new to boating! Thanks for the help!

2. Apr 12, 2011 at 7:06 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    From what I've read about the Taho line, is they drag ass when a warranty repair is needed. One guy on a forum Im on bought a new Q7, and it had a hull issue. It was in the shop for a year and a half before he got it back. I've read a few other stories similar. I would steer away from them, and look into a different manufacture.

3. Apr 12, 2011 at 7:08 PM
    bridgcat

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Avid Off-road Light bar w/ Line-X, American Aluminum Black LP Toolbox, N Fab black step bars,In-Channel Vent Visors, two 10" Rockford subs, Pioneer Double Din DVD player w/ Metra dash kit, 285/65R18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT/s. 18x9" Black XD Monsters. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. Color matched grille with FJ Tacoma badge. De-badged with black, "4x4" badge on tail gate. Mud flap delete mod. Custon TRD decal, color matched rear bumper, Icon extended travel reservoir coilovers, Icon rear reservoir shocks, Dakar rear leaf pack, extended stainless steel brake lines, Camburg uniball upper control arms, timeren bump stops,Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, Rockford Fosgate Door speakers, Dynomat doors and rear panel, All pro front bumper.
    Thanks Chris! Right now I'm just looking around. Seemed to be the best deal for the price...but now you have me re-considering! lol. Any suggestion on a quality ski/fish boat? Preferably under $30,000...my wife gave me a budget! lol

4. Apr 12, 2011 at 7:11 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    Check out the Bayliner line. THey have come a long way in quality, and, IMHO, are better than the Taho line.

5. Apr 12, 2011 at 7:12 PM
    MAXTacoma

MAXTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lexus GS 350
    I dont know much about Tahoe, but I'm really happy with the quality of Four Winns boats. I'm on my second one and haven't had any problems with either. FW makes a nice Fish and Ski. For 30k you should be able to get something in the 18-20 ft w/ a V6. I'm on www.iboats.com and www.ifourwinns.com. They are both boating forums and have a ton of great people willing to help. GL

6. Apr 12, 2011 at 7:13 PM
    bridgcat

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the help guys! The search begins...again!

7. Apr 12, 2011 at 7:13 PM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    X2. Four Winns are some of the best out, but more money.

8. Apr 12, 2011 at 7:17 PM
    MAXTacoma

MAXTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Lexus GS 350
    I bought both used and for being over 10 years only they looked brand new. My current boat, 20.5 ft FW, is in perfect condition interior/exterior and it has almost 600 hours. Spend the extra money and buy something well made especially if you are going to keep it for a while.

9. Apr 12, 2011 at 7:24 PM
    fishntaco

fishntaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Mobile Al
    Vehicle:
    08 Silver Streak DCLB Prerunner Sport
    I would steer away from Tahoe as they seemed cheaply made when we were looking to buy. In my opinion you can't really have a fishing boat that is good for skiing or vice versa but a good runabout or bowrider should suffice for a good lake boat. Check out Regal, Chaparral, or Grady White as some of there 18-19 foot boats should be in your price range.

10. Apr 12, 2011 at 7:33 PM
    pcool69

pcool69 Member

Member:
    Cypress, TX
    Vehicle:
    11 F150 SuperCrew Lariat
    I started out on the same quest last year and ended up with a SeaRay. The original plan was a fish and ski. Regrettably, we did not get the fish option. We fish more than ski and I will probably add a trolling motor at some point.

If I had to do it over again, I would probably get a Nitro Sport or Ranger Reatta because we like to fish. If your more likely to just play (cruise and ski), get a SeaRay. They have an excellent resale value and high customer satisfaction and I can't say enough good things about MarineMax. They are SeaRay's biggest dealer.

Do you work in the patch?

11. Jul 19, 2011 at 6:01 PM
    Kernel

Kernel Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 6sp Manual
    5100's all 4 corners, front at .85 with Eibach Coils, Rear TSB w/AAL, TRD Catback Exhaust, AFE Pro Dry S, Duratracs, redline hood struts, maglight mod, weathertechs
    I'm in the same situation. I'm also looking at the Stingray 195FX and the Glastron GT 205. Anyone have any experience with these brands? The Glastron boats seem to be rated highly but no dealer near by.

Products Discussed in

To Top