Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Tahoe Q5 Ski Fish boat...opinions?

Old 04-12-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
From what I've read about the Taho line, is they drag ass when a warranty repair is needed. One guy on a forum Im on bought a new Q7, and it had a hull issue. It was in the shop for a year and a half before he got it back. I've read a few other stories similar. I would steer away from them, and look into a different manufacture.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
bridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shedbridgcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: If I told you....I'd have to kill you. ;-)
bridgcat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
From what I've read about the Taho line, is they drag ass when a warranty repair is needed. One guy on a forum Im on bought a new Q7, and it had a hull issue. It was in the shop for a year and a half before he got it back. I've read a few other stories similar. I would steer away from them, and look into a different manufacture.
Thanks Chris! Right now I'm just looking around. Seemed to be the best deal for the price...but now you have me re-considering! lol. Any suggestion on a quality ski/fish boat? Preferably under $30,000...my wife gave me a budget! lol
Old 04-12-2011, 07:11 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgcat View Post
Thanks Chris! Right now I'm just looking around. Seemed to be the best deal for the price...but now you have me re-considering! lol. Any suggestion on a quality ski/fish boat? Preferably under $30,000...my wife gave me a budget! lol
Check out the Bayliner line. THey have come a long way in quality, and, IMHO, are better than the Taho line.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:12 PM   #5
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgcat View Post
I dont know much about Tahoe, but I'm really happy with the quality of Four Winns boats. I'm on my second one and haven't had any problems with either. FW makes a nice Fish and Ski. For 30k you should be able to get something in the 18-20 ft w/ a V6. I'm on www.iboats.com and www.ifourwinns.com. They are both boating forums and have a ton of great people willing to help. GL
Old 04-12-2011, 07:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXTacoma View Post
I dont know much about Tahoe, but I'm really happy with the quality of Four Winns boats. I'm on my second one and haven't had any problems with either. FW makes a nice Fish and Ski. For 30k you should be able to get something in the 18-20 ft w/ a V6. I'm on www.iboats.com and www.ifourwinns.com. They are both boating forums and have a ton of great people willing to help. GL
X2. Four Winns are some of the best out, but more money.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:17 PM   #8
MAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMAXTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MAXTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
X2. Four Winns are some of the best out, but more money.
I bought both used and for being over 10 years only they looked brand new. My current boat, 20.5 ft FW, is in perfect condition interior/exterior and it has almost 600 hours. Spend the extra money and buy something well made especially if you are going to keep it for a while.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:24 PM   #9
fishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
fishntaco's Tacoma Gallery
I would steer away from Tahoe as they seemed cheaply made when we were looking to buy. In my opinion you can't really have a fishing boat that is good for skiing or vice versa but a good runabout or bowrider should suffice for a good lake boat. Check out Regal, Chaparral, or Grady White as some of there 18-19 foot boats should be in your price range.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:33 PM   #10
pcool69 is on a distinguished road

pcool69's Tacoma Gallery
I started out on the same quest last year and ended up with a SeaRay. The original plan was a fish and ski. Regrettably, we did not get the fish option. We fish more than ski and I will probably add a trolling motor at some point.

If I had to do it over again, I would probably get a Nitro Sport or Ranger Reatta because we like to fish. If your more likely to just play (cruise and ski), get a SeaRay. They have an excellent resale value and high customer satisfaction and I can't say enough good things about MarineMax. They are SeaRay's biggest dealer.

Do you work in the patch?
Old 07-19-2011, 06:01 PM   #11
Kernel is on a distinguished road
Kernel's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the same situation. I'm also looking at the Stingray 195FX and the Glastron GT 205. Anyone have any experience with these brands? The Glastron boats seem to be rated highly but no dealer near by.