LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Lake Powell

Old 04-25-2011, 03:11 PM   #1
socal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Diego
socal16's Tacoma Gallery
Lake Powell

Hey guys I was wondering if any of guys that have been to lake Powell have any pointers on where to fish or what to use. I'm going to be heading up there tomorrow morning till Sunday and I'll be
fishing for trout largemouth and maybe catfish.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:20 PM   #2
DocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDocCisco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 1st 145th FA
Name: David
DocCisco's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Diego, I launch out of Bull Frog a couple of weeks a year and usually head up NorthEast to Moqui, Knowles or Crystal Spring.

Here's a link to a decent map: http://www.travelwest.net/parks/lake.../images/lp.pdf

For fishing I'll bait fish off the house boat for catfish, if you have time and patience you'll catch your share. Frozen anchovies have usually performed best for the floor fish.

The most active fish in the lake seems to be the Striper LM Bass. My best fishing was usually 20 to 30 feet down near the canyon walls where I just float with Pistol Pete's. Largest Striper I've caught was 4 lbs, meat wasn't that good but the catch was fun!

Good luck and have fun!
Old 04-25-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
socal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Diego
socal16's Tacoma Gallery
Wow that's alot of info thanks alot I'm pretty excited to finally get to fish on this lake