LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

eat what you keep!

Old 12-07-2011, 12:05 AM   #21
TacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant future

Air Force: SFS
Name: Nic
TacomaG26's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by takern View Post
groundhog aint bad. it tastes like beef. just grind it and dont tell people its a field rat
you know i have herd that, i will have to try it sometime. Im guessing you would dress it just like a rabbit?
Old 12-07-2011, 06:26 AM   #22
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaG26 View Post
you know i have herd that, i will have to try it sometime. Im guessing you would dress it just like a rabbit?
yeah. its easy with two people. just cut down the back and pull apart then cut off the feet and head and gut it
Old 12-07-2011, 06:42 AM   #23
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
so ground hog taste like beef? hmm. we have one in are barn we are going to trap and kill. we thought about using it to get some coyotes at the place we hunt the guys that lives their/ owns the land wants them gone. but if they don’t taste bad. than i don’t see why not eat it.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:55 AM   #24
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

takern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
so ground hog taste like beef? hmm. we have one in are barn we are going to trap and kill. we thought about using it to get some coyotes at the place we hunt the guys that lives their/ owns the land wants them gone. but if they donít taste bad. than i donít see why not eat it.
just sit in the hay loft with a 22 or a bow until it comes out. much more fun than trapping it
Old 12-07-2011, 07:01 AM   #25
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
just sit in the hay loft with a 22 or a bow until it comes out. much more fun than trapping it
I would so this in mine, but out hay loft is rotted out......

anyways, i believe eat what you kill/keep, I also believe that there are exceptions though....

the only thing I can see that not applying is when you are trying to exterminate a nuisance, like some of the ranchers that have pictures on the internet with 2 guys in front of like 30-40 dead hogs, i dont think you have much of a chance of eating it all. Same with coyotes.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:05 AM   #26
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i would but we have not seen it. just the hole and the tracks. and we have a bunch of stuff in the barn and i would not have a clear shot with out maybe hitting something. best to trap it and than shot it.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:27 AM   #27

takern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyengineer View Post
I would so this in mine, but out hay loft is rotted out......

anyways, i believe eat what you kill/keep, I also believe that there are exceptions though....

the only thing I can see that not applying is when you are trying to exterminate a nuisance, like some of the ranchers that have pictures on the internet with 2 guys in front of like 30-40 dead hogs, i dont think you have much of a chance of eating it all. Same with coyotes.
ok i can agree to that as long as the animals are killed for a good reason such as hogs tearing up the ground when that is what they make their money from. im sure if they put a sign up on the road that said free hogs people would be more than willing to take em and eat em. and im sure the rancher would save one or 2 to eat.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #28
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
carp?

i've eaten carp that my stepdad cooked up and didnt tell me. it was great.

i rarely fish anymore. but when i do, i eat it all. you knew your buddy would probably let the fish rot..you should have taken it with you. catfish is a fast clean and filet.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:51 PM   #29
TacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant futureTacomaG26 has a brilliant future

Air Force: SFS
Name: Nic
TacomaG26's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
back o
I use a 22-250 with 50g amax reloads, i will have to back off on the load to save it lol