Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Flyfishing help

Old 02-29-2012, 08:59 AM   #21
ranchonodinero is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
ranchonodinero's Tacoma Gallery
Get a DVD by Lefty Krey. Might be better than an or is school too.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:00 AM   #22
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd to read and post later. i love fly fishing

though im sure there isn't anything i could contribute that maverick and dwalden can't or haven't already told you.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:24 PM   #23
ranchonodinero is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
ranchonodinero's Tacoma Gallery
And 3 letters to remember: TFO
Old 03-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #24
whitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant futurewhitetail has a brilliant future

Name: Matt
whitetail's Tacoma Gallery
I just started last year. I have been fishing my whole life started when I was little in Minnesota fishing bluegill and I fished in the first IHSA bass tournaments and private club tourneys as well. I picked up a fly rod last year and I would rather lay on a pit of coals then touch my old gear lol. I learned alot off of youtube about casting and before I new it I was landing big old carp. I just started tying this winter and Ill tell you thats as addicting and rewarding as actully fly fishing. Best of luck to you.

Tight Lines,
Whitetail
Old 03-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #25
reastiebeagle is a name known to allreastiebeagle is a name known to allreastiebeagle is a name known to allreastiebeagle is a name known to allreastiebeagle is a name known to allreastiebeagle is a name known to all
Name: Adam
reastiebeagle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchonodinero View Post
And 3 letters to remember: TFO
Are you saying this because you're from Dallas?

There are way better rod companies out there than Temple Forks. Meiser, Beulah, C.F. Burkheimer, Sage, Scott - hell, even red truck/leland fly fishing make better rods than TFO!
Old 03-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #26
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
To be completely honest here, for a beginner fly fisherman, any rod will do. I've used St. Croix rods for 10 years and have had great luck with them. I'm using all 8wt or 9wt rods for large trout and salmon. Whatever you do buy, make sure it has a lifetime warranty and you'll be set.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:14 PM   #27
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Okay, thanks for the advice guys