Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Fishing BS Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #501
SR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Mike
SR52012's Tacoma Gallery
My buddy is home on leave from the army and we did a charter while he is here... So we went out last Friday with a local guide... We were supose to go to St. Pete to chase the huge black drum but the bay was to blown out to go. So we fished our local waters (from anclote to aripka) We managed 6 reds (one over slot and one let go) and one snook... we saw alot of trout on the flats but they did not want to bite! Here are a few pics from the trip.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #502
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
With all the yard work I have to do if it is nice out tomorrow. I am going to try to find some time to go fishing. It was in the 70's today and supposed to hit the 80's tomorrow. I think I just heard some rain, just checked.... nope. I am excited and ready to fish again.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #503
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
LEAVING FOR ARKANSAS THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a touch excited...
Old 04-14-2013, 08:01 AM   #504
SR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to beholdSR52012 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Mike
SR52012's Tacoma Gallery

Went gigging the other night... not bad for a windy night.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #505
Doomsday will become famous soon enoughDoomsday will become famous soon enough

Doomsday's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Dude I'm gonna be hitting the lakes and ponds HARD this year so whenever your free your welcome to join me and my buddy! I have plenty of gear to go around. I'm actually gonna go to Bass pro this weekend and pick up a Shimano Stradic Reel and a G-Loomis Drop Shot Rod Been wanting that combo for a while so I think its time! The tyranny and the bullshit has gone on long enough lol!

Nice setup, I got 2 Stradic Ci4 with a Cumara & Cumulus rods.

...and canít believe I just found this thread.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #507
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Went for a quick float by myself after work. Trout fishing. Not a single trout. But I did hang this...

Old 04-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #508
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalden2 View Post
Went for a quick float by myself after work. Trout fishing. Not a single trout. But I did hang this...

Damn nice catch!!
Old 04-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #509
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Got out for a few hours with this high tide and lighter winds. Launched from the dock and all I threw today was a spook jr.

Had probably a dozen blowups but most fish either wouldnt comit, missed the hooks, or just completely knocked the lure out of the water.

I did connect with 2 nice trout and a nice red.

Cant complain for a few relaxing hours on the water in the kayak.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #510
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice catches Kameron!!!

I'm buying a pontoon boat here in a few months and can't wait to start hitting it hard!!!!
Old 04-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #511
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Caught this hog yesterday afternoon, my new personal best Wish I'd had a scale.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:54 PM   #512
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
If anyone likes fishing Abu Rods or reels, or using Berkley line pm me :P
Old 04-30-2013, 03:12 PM   #513
Your mom goes to college

Quote:
Originally Posted by afroman5015 View Post
If anyone likes fishing Abu Rods or reels, or using Berkley line pm me :P
PM inbound
Old 04-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #514
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys, new to this thread. I grew up in Nebraska but now live in Colorado with my wife and haven't fished in a couple of decades. My wife and I both want to go and already bought a couple rod/reels in preparation for this summer. I don't see us doing too much fast moving water stuff and will likely be doing a majority of our fishing on calm bodies of water from the bank.

As I'm sure things have advanced in two decades... what do we need? I will need some line and tackle and such and am not even sure where to start. Just the basics but something we won't have to throw away if we continue doing it and want to upgrade or add more choices. I could just go bug someone at Bass Pro Shops, Cabelas or Sportsman's Warehouse but I'd rather do that research from the comfort of my home.

Thoughts? Ideas?
Old 04-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #515
BakerTaco will become famous soon enough

Name: Will
BakerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalden2 View Post

If you went by yourself,

..........then who took the picture?
Old 04-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #516
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
Hey guys, new to this thread. I grew up in Nebraska but now live in Colorado with my wife and haven't fished in a couple of decades. My wife and I both want to go and already bought a couple rod/reels in preparation for this summer. I don't see us doing too much fast moving water stuff and will likely be doing a majority of our fishing on calm bodies of water from the bank.

As I'm sure things have advanced in two decades... what do we need? I will need some line and tackle and such and am not even sure where to start. Just the basics but something we won't have to throw away if we continue doing it and want to upgrade or add more choices. I could just go bug someone at Bass Pro Shops, Cabelas or Sportsman's Warehouse but I'd rather do that research from the comfort of my home.

Thoughts? Ideas?
Hmm not sure what species youll be targeting but quality spinning reels are always nice to have around, and P-line makes good entry level line thats pretty cheap
Old 04-30-2013, 03:41 PM   #517
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Hmm not sure what species youll be targeting but quality spinning reels are always nice to have around, and P-line makes good entry level line thats pretty cheap
The rod/reel combo I for each of us is the Pflueger Arbor Spinning Combo from Gander Mountain because I got a good deal. I got the 2pc 6' 6" version for easier portability and storing and such plus it was the last thing they had in stock at the price we ordered at (I think I paid less than $50 shipped for each one). Now we just need the rest. We've been hitting garage sales and I had hoped to find some fishing gear but 1) I'm not sure what I would know what I was looking at or what it's value was and 2) it seems when you're actually looking for something at garage sales that's the one thing you don't see.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:23 PM   #518
Formally afroman5015

Quote:
The rod/reel combo I for each of us is the Pflueger Arbor Spinning Combo from Gander Mountain because I got a good deal. I got the 2pc 6' 6" version for easier portability and storing and such plus it was the last thing they had in stock at the price we ordered at (I think I paid less than $50 shipped for each one). Now we just need the rest. We've been hitting garage sales and I had hoped to find some fishing gear but 1) I'm not sure what I would know what I was looking at or what it's value was and 2) it seems when you're actually looking for something at garage sales that's the one thing you don't see.
Well whatcha ya gonna be fishing for ?
Old 04-30-2013, 06:12 PM   #519
Don't taze me bro!

Quote:
Well whatcha ya gonna be fishing for ?
Fish. Duh.

Not sure what the lakes around here have but I'm guessing large and small mouth bass, walleye, perch and gobs of trout but that's going to be the river fishing.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:15 PM   #520
Formally afroman5015

Quote:
Fish. Duh.

Not sure what the lakes around here have but I'm guessing large and small mouth bass, walleye, perch and gobs of trout but that's going to be the river fishing.
touche... haha but for large and small mouth try some soft plastics, look up a "shakey head" always catches bass. Or try wacking riggin a Gary Yamamoto Senko. Senkos can be substituted with another cheaper stick bait if you prefer