Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Fishing BS Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #521
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerTaco View Post
If you went by yourself,

..........then who took the picture?
Self-timer app on my phone. Duh

Went and threw off the bank for a little while tonight since they were generating. Glad I went...

23" 6 lb brown. Unfortunately, couldn't revive it after the fight.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #522
Brian.in.FL is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Brian
Brian.in.FL's Tacoma Gallery
I just started back up fishing again last summer. I grew up in MA and loved to bass fish. I now live I NW FL (Navarre) and started fishing off the pier. I bought my Taco in hopes of getting a boat, we'll see, kids college you know. Gonna try to find some bass fishing around here. Some day I will learn to fly fish, it is a goal of mine. Looking forward to this thread.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:34 PM   #524
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalden2 View Post

23" 6 lb brown. Unfortunately, couldn't revive it after the fight.

Bummer, that's a nice fish to have die on you. Did you eat that bitch at least?
Old 05-02-2013, 05:49 PM   #525
Brian.in.FL is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Brian
Brian.in.FL's Tacoma Gallery
Weather sucked today so I thought why not, I've got nothing better to do. Pulled in this Jack, fought it for 20 - 30 minutes, my arm was killing me. Pulled it in on a Rainshadow 903, Penn Battle 4000 with 10lb mono.
It was pretty fun.

My wife thinks I'm insane because when I go fishing, and actually catch something I wear gloves to drive the truck home. I can't get the fish smell off my hands so I keep a cheep pair of gloves in the truck so I don't get the smell on the leather steering wheel. I don't see anything wrong with this.
Attached Thumbnails
Fishing BS Thread-jack.jpg   Fishing BS Thread-jack1.jpg  
Old 05-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #526
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post
Bummer, that's a nice fish to have die on you. Did you eat that bitch at least?
It's an interesting story, at least. Throwin off the bank while they were generating. She hit and took off on me. I fought her for about 5 minutes, then she wrapped me around a log. I had to jump a creek, hang onto trees so I could walk on a steep bank, reach around trees to grab my rod, then had to actually partially climb a tree that was split so that I could get around it, so I could get down close enough to try to unwrap her from the log. It was either let her break off and definitely let her die, or do all that to go get her and hope I could revive her. Didn't work. But, she's my biggest brown I've ever caught, so I'm just gonna throw her on the wall. I was planning on throwing her back after the picture and weighing her mainly because I didn't want to pay $200 to have her mounted.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #527
Bro do you even 'Merica?
jdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
jdk52's Tacoma Gallery
Finally hit up the Lake Powell spring spawn...all I have to say is WOW.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #528
Rather be fishing
Jeff.W is on a distinguished road

Jeff.W's Tacoma Gallery
I love living on the TX coast
Attached Thumbnails
Fishing BS Thread-28-inch-7.49-trout.jpg   Fishing BS Thread-pc190027.jpg   Fishing BS Thread-photo-2.jpg   Fishing BS Thread-265444_10150314284321265_526991264_9678469_1952835_o.jpg   Fishing BS Thread-photo0278.jpg  

Old 05-08-2013, 01:18 AM   #529
littleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
littleblue81's Tacoma Gallery
First Salmon Trip of the Year

My fishing report from my fishing club. Appropriate as I just towed with my Taco for the first time (man it needs some airbags bad).

"Great to be back out getting some on-the-water mental therapy. Finished breaking in the new truck so we towed down to HMB early Sat morning to try to get some pink.

Picking up some crew in SF on the way down, loading beers here.

Arrived and waiting in line. Actually moved pretty quickly.

Here we go....

Dropped them in short of 20/40 after seeing some Whales and 10 min into it we get a double!

Alan's pops off.

Mine goes in the net.

Some time goes by w/o any action. I'm liking the new leaning post.

We get a report from Jad, he's limited out and heading our way. He's arrived in his new (to him) Montauk.

His limit.

He tells us the water looks better a little further south so we pack up and motor down.

We troll and troll and troll...no hookups.

We see party boats landing, see private boats landing, but nothing for us. Listening to the radio it seems like feast or famine.

See some more of these guys.

Stephen at work.

After what seems like forever Mike breaks the dry spell.

He gets another right after this and then he wind starts to come up. Some time passes w/o any more hits, I bring my bait up a bit and then get hit.

In the box.

Put em back in and then we get a double.

Back in and another for me!

Wind kept blowing and by this time we were stuck at 7. Kept trolling towards home and hooked up 3 more times but they were all short. Finally called it a day around 5pm and motored back to port in the slop. Fun ride.

As we're pulling into the harbor we see the Warden driving away. Sweet, no time wasting on checks.

Transferring of the fishies. Fish Taco's?

Cool macro shot of scales.

My portion.

Tried something new.

That's it for this years first Salmon trip. Go get'um!"
Old 05-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #530
Bro do you even 'Merica?
jdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
jdk52's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.fishouflage.com/

love the description of the carp pattern.

"Rocky nooks and crags and a drape of heavy cover mask the unmistakable golden and copper tones of the trophy carp. Overall pattern coloration favors dark grays and an array of sage and aquamarine, dotted with the shimming metallic hues of the carp" That's a fancy description for a trash fish.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:58 PM   #531
Your mom goes to college

So i was thinkin the other day, and if I were to lose this bag, I would lose almost $300 in just TROUT LURES. Who spends that much on trout lures?

Old 05-17-2013, 03:35 PM   #532
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
This might be old news to you guys , but in case it's not

Combo floating fish club , gut scoop , knife sharpener and filet knife

http://www.kombotool.com/shop/kombo-tool/
Old 05-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #533
Your mom goes to college

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post

Can't be any good if it's made in Canada

Just playin. I've never seen it before. Kinda cool.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #534
littleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittleblue81 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:

Whoa, if this is a quality product that's a great idea. Do you have one? All of the knife/spoon combo's I've had are very cheap and rust like crazy.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #535
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleblue81 View Post
Whoa, if this is a quality product that's a great idea. Do you have one? All of the knife/spoon combo's I've had are very cheap and rust like crazy.
How can plastic rust ?
Old 05-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #536
Quote:
How can plastic rust ?
The blade. Also the spoon portion is also typically made of some cheap metal (on my previous knife/spoon purchases).
Old 05-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #538

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleblue81 View Post
The blade. Also the spoon portion is also made of some cheap metal.
It's a stainless steel blade and the scoop is plastic
Old 05-17-2013, 04:43 PM   #539
Well, I just ordered one so I guess I'll see. LOL.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #540
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
couple cool pictures from the day

Hard to see but theres a probably 10 foot hammerhead in there

found a decent manta that decided to play around with the boat. no cobes

and to finish the day off

not a bad day on the water..but we didnt even see the first glimpse of a cobia