Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Fishing BS Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #41
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Sub. The main fishing I do is red drum, flounder, sheep head, sea bass, just about any inshore salt water fish that will take what I throw out there. Sheeps and Reds are coming a little early this year all the reports are looking good. I also like to do some shark fishing but that's usually done in early mornings and late nights when there aren't a lot of people on the beach or in the water because the only time I target shark in on the beach biggest one to date was a 5' Atlantic Sharp Nose favorite one was a 3' lemon shark that I caught on a 10 pound flounder rig that was a hell of a fight. I'll see if the pics are on the desktop.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #42
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
^^^I fished a sheepshead tournament a couple of weeks ago down her in Texas. Hate when they shit all over you
Old 04-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #44
Will The Thrill
Warhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarhorseforever is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
Warhorseforever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick904 View Post
anybody else here flounder gig?

I do but not often I really need that Boston Whaler to pop up in my back yard. Mainly I wade gig when I get through chance.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #46
Neurolevi is on a distinguished road

Name: NeuroLevi
Neurolevi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
Taking the kayak out for some bass fishing soon. I hope I get some good fish, my 5 year old nephew got a 2 or 3 lber at the same lake yesterday. I hope that doesnt jinx me.....
What kayak do you use? I'm moving back to Texas in June, and want to find a good kayak/float tube set up to use for some of the lakes - i don't have a boat.

BTW, fly fishing for bass is awesome too. A 2lb bass feels like a 15 pound bass on a fly rod.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:17 PM   #47
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Well I'm about to hit the water this weekend or the next depending on how fast I can get the boat registered. Me and my trusty 12ft Jon boat will be fishin' for bream and bass. Should be a good time.
Old 04-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #48
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
Well I'm about to hit the water this weekend or the next depending on how fast I can get the boat registered. Me and my trusty 12ft Jon boat will be fishin' for bream and bass. Should be a good time.
noice...im bout to drop coin on a new jon boat for gigging. got plans for a crazy deck setup on the bow with lights for gigging. It will be removable so i can lake fish with it too.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:48 PM   #49
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurolevi View Post
What kayak do you use? I'm moving back to Texas in June, and want to find a good kayak/float tube set up to use for some of the lakes - i don't have a boat.

BTW, fly fishing for bass is awesome too. A 2lb bass feels like a 15 pound bass on a fly rod.
I will have to get back to you on that one I cant think of what kinds of kayaks I have.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:51 PM   #50
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Well yesterdays fishing wasnt a total wash. I didnt see too many fish, I had lots of glue gills biting at the bait, which sucked. I did get a nice 2 lber. I didnt take a pic of the fish, I know rookie mistake. With the new baitcaster and it being my first time out with the kayak this year I didnt snap a pic.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #51
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick904 View Post
anybody else here flounder gig?

I didn't catch one keeper flounder last season. It was quite embarrassing lol.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:21 PM   #52
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I went out for some bass tonight at a local pond and caught a few. No big ones just doinks. The bass fishing is really slow at these local ponds because they are still on a pre-spawn but that'll change in a couple weeks as the weather is warming and they are on their beds in about 2-4 feet of water. Should be some good fishing soon though! The one pond I got to has 3-5 pounders in the shallows...what a fuckin tease! They won't bite anything
Old 04-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #54
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
on a side note dad and I went fishing this evening/night.

caught a bunch of seatrout

pops with one on a topwater

Old 04-20-2012, 08:42 PM   #55
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
My favorite part about fishin is eating my catch.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #56

Army:
Well it has turned cold again, its been raining since around 2 pm here. I wonder how this is going to throw the fishing off again....??? I wish it would just warm up and stay warm. I dont mind fishing in the rain if its warm but i think it was in the 40 this afternoon. The fish probably know enough to hold off but I cant wait to do some serious fishing!!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #57

Army:
Its good weather for trout fishing but the bass are where its at. The only trout around me are stocked 8 inchers. I am seriously set on a 7lb bass this year. You are in FL, I was fishing in Feb in Fl and caught a nice bunch of fish...Had to watch out for alligators but it was fishing none the less...