Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Fishing BS Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 06:48 AM   #581
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
What about a drift parachute? I would think a chain would be noisy as hell and scare all the fish away
Old 06-20-2013, 07:47 AM   #582
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Like this http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...cks/738047.uts
Old 06-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #583
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derick
dwalden2's Tacoma Gallery
I've thought about the socks. I dunno. I don't think the chain would be too loud. I plan on wrapping it in some heat shrink tubing.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #584
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalden2 View Post
Gonna post this here and the Show off your fish thread...

Anyone use a drag chain? If so, how did you make it? Got a quick disconnect/something to let it snap off in case of a snag? Gettin ready to throw the new boat in the river in the next few days and it would be easier to use a drag chain than having to play with the motor the whole time.
Saw someone with a raft rockin one of these this weekend, looked pretty cool. Looked kinda like this:

Old 06-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #585
Your mom goes to college
dwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddwalden2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post
Saw someone with a raft rockin one of these this weekend, looked pretty cool. Looked kinda like this:

Wow. Have to say I've never seen anything quite like that. This is what all I have seen have looked like...

Old 06-21-2013, 07:28 PM   #586
Your mom goes to college

This is what I ended up goin with. Took several 1' lengths of chain and heat shrinked them. I can hook the pieces together for changing water conditions. Added a rope to the end of it to tie to the boat, now just gotta get some of that really heavy duty velcro to attach it to the boat, take one of those pool noodles and put it over the rope so that if it snags and rips off the boat, it will float with the noodle and I can go back and get it.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #587
Your mom goes to college

Man, this thread is pretty dead. This came in for me today.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:39 PM   #588
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalden2 View Post
Man, this thread is pretty dead. This came in for me today.

Nice man!
Old 06-25-2013, 07:45 PM   #589
Your mom goes to college

Hopefully gonna give it a shot tomorrow. Got a bunch of rain today, so the river may be ridiculously muddy. Here's hopin...
Old 06-27-2013, 07:54 AM   #591

Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
Anyone in the North East been bass fishing? I have not had any luck lately, it was better last month. I just went out Sunday on a decent lake on a boat and nothing!!!
Yup. Just have to know what bait the fish are targeting. I go out just about every night in my kayak or boat and always have decent luck
Old 06-27-2013, 07:57 AM   #592
Formally afroman5015
bellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbellassaiw10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31B 1132 MP Co.
bellassaiw10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anyone in the North East been bass fishing? I have not had any luck lately, it was better last month. I just went out Sunday on a decent lake on a boat and nothing!!!
Deep and drop shottin
Old 06-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #593
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
A few new gears..... Fish on!

Trinidad gold tn50

Curado 300ej arrived yesterday

Calcutta 201B picked this up last week
Old 06-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #594
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by afroman5015 View Post
Deep and drop shottin

I have been fishing deep no waits tho.... it seems the fish are still nesting and mainly chasing off fish. I have used crayfish,swim baits,worms etc...nothing. I think I will try next week. It probably doesnt help that its so hotttt here.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:09 AM   #595

Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have been fishing deep no waits tho.... it seems the fish are still nesting and mainly chasing off fish. I have used crayfish,swim baits,worms etc...nothing. I think I will try next week. It probably doesnt help that its so hotttt here.

Try a jig with uncle bucks pork rind trailer. Maybe Bucktail jig with same trailer. Try to locate the cover, then swim the jig past/ next to the cover to try to entice a hit
Old 06-27-2013, 09:10 AM   #596

Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Spawn should be pretty much over
Old 06-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #597
Kyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant future

Kyle Butler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raskal311 View Post
A few new gears..... Fish on!

Trinidad gold tn50

Curado 300ej arrived yesterday

Calcutta 201B picked this up last week
Nice Shimanos.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:37 PM   #598
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
^^^I know I thought it should have been over too but I watched a 4 lb bass sitting on a nest for hours..... I did not even get a pickerel to bite which says a lot. This lake is loaded with pickerel, and only one top water bit. I did however see 2 or 3 huge carp, I hope that doesn't have anything to do with why the fish aren't biting.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:58 PM   #599

Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^^^I know I thought it should have been over too but I watched a 4 lb bass sitting on a nest for hours..... I did not even get a pickerel to bite which says a lot. This lake is loaded with pickerel, and only one top water bit. I did however see 2 or 3 huge carp, I hope that doesn't have anything to do with why the fish aren't biting.
Weird. What are your water temps like? If they are colder than here then that would delay the spawn. We have water temps in the 70's now on my lake. They usually spawn when water temps are in the 60's. We had our spawn late last month here.