Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Fishing BS Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Fishing BS Thread

Hey fellas. I don't think we have one of these threads yet so I figured I'd make one. Feel free to ask questions, post pics and share techniques in here!

All anglers and other liars welcome!!!!

Old 04-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Going out to the Lake tonight to catch some Bass, Crappies and Flatheads! I got a few of my favorite rods ready to roll! All new line, hooks, weights and some lures! Gonna be a great time!
Old 04-08-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck. I have a couple weeks til I get our beach place opened up in Delaware and can get my boat in the water. I do mainly flounder, sea bass, striper, etc etc fishing.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
Good luck. I have a couple weeks til I get our beach place opened up in Delaware and can get my boat in the water. I do mainly flounder, sea bass, striper, etc etc fishing.
Nice man! The weather out here is perfect right now! 88 for the day and 60 at night! The Crappie are spawning out here so I plan on catching some of the and using the smaller ones as bait for the Flatheads
Old 04-08-2012, 03:44 PM   #5

Here's some pics I have laying around of decent fish...nothing huge but fun to catch none the less. I have a photo of a 10.6LB Large Mouth I gotta scan to my computer. I'll do that soon.

And the wife

Old 04-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #6
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
finally got the boat ready for the water...dropped her in this afternoon for a test run...quite the view about 12 ft. off the water ahaha..

now im bout to put the jon boat in the private neighborhood lake and fish into the night tonight for bass.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #7

Hell yeah! Good luck man! Post up some pics
Old 04-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #8
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

unfortunately the seas arent being nice right now..so hopefully we can chase the cobia next weekend.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:51 AM   #9
Ron F. Swanson
JaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JaSkynyrd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Going out to the Lake tonight to catch some Bass, Crappies and Flatheads! I got a few of my favorite rods ready to roll! All new line, hooks, weights and some lures! Gonna be a great time!
That's one of my favorite things, spooling up and going over my rods in preparation for fishing the next morning.
Old 04-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #11
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Yo scott hit me up sometime! I love fishing for carp and catfish! I usually fish my backyard lake but Ive been slacking and would love to hit up some local spots or lakes for fishing
Old 04-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
Yo scott hit me up sometime! I love fishing for carp and catfish! I usually fish my backyard lake but Ive been slacking and would love to hit up some local spots or lakes for fishing
I'm down man. I can go any evening really. I'll pm you my # so you can holler sometime
Old 04-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #13

So I went out to Bartlett Lake yesterday and slayed the Blue Gill, Bass (NO BIG ONES) and baby Channel Cats...but NO FLATHEADS!!!!!

Next time they won't be so lucky....I feel a 50 pounder is in my future

I was using a 9" carp I caught on a night crawler with a 4/0 octopus bait holder hook, 2 oz weight and 40lb braided line...all done up with a slip rig (like a hardcore carolina rig)...I had a 3 foot leader

Bartlett was WAAAAAAY LOW! Only 40% full...you can see the water line in the background
Old 04-10-2012, 01:07 AM   #14

Caught these tonight at a local pond. Was using dough balls, size 6 bait holder hooks and 6lb test on my spin cast. Fun times

I caught 5 other ones but they weren't bigger than 12-13 inches so didn't take pics

Old 04-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #15
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Caught these tonight at a local pond. Was using dough balls, size 6 bait holder hooks and 6lb test on my spin cast. Fun times

I caught 5 other ones but they weren't bigger than 12-13 inches so didn't take pics

If I wasn't so damn tired last night I would have been in on that action!
Old 04-10-2012, 10:53 PM   #16
85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed85okhai is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
85okhai's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick904 View Post
finally got the boat ready for the water...dropped her in this afternoon for a test run...quite the view about 12 ft. off the water ahaha..

now im bout to put the jon boat in the private neighborhood lake and fish into the night tonight for bass.
looks nice! hows the cobia bit been? its been really slow this year here in the panhandle
Old 04-11-2012, 01:37 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortland View Post
If I wasn't so damn tired last night I would have been in on that action!
Dude I'm gonna be hitting the lakes and ponds HARD this year so whenever your free your welcome to join me and my buddy! I have plenty of gear to go around. I'm actually gonna go to Bass pro this weekend and pick up a Shimano Stradic Reel and a G-Loomis Drop Shot Rod Been wanting that combo for a while so I think its time! The tyranny and the bullshit has gone on long enough lol!

Old 04-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #18
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I like the Stradic alot, I want one. I cant really get another reel now though. I just bought the Abu Garci Vendetta rod with a Quantum baitcaster reel

I think that I have spent around $1000 on rod and reel combos in the past year. I have had my eye on the Okuma reel that is similar to your Stradic, just cant see spending another $200 right now.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #19
Resident Fishing Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85okhai View Post
looks nice! hows the cobia bit been? its been really slow this year here in the panhandle
the weathers being too much of a bitch now that we got the boat done so we ourselves have not actually been able to go out and fish it. tho the reports show a slow/tough year finding the cobes as well. kinda shitty
Old 04-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #20
Dwill817 has a spectacular aura aboutDwill817 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Drew
Dwill817's Tacoma Gallery
Good thread!

Messed my trolling motor up the other day so I gotta fix it. I plan on getting back out there sunday though. I got prom saturday or I'd be there.