LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Crawfishing

Old 04-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #21
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
But on a side note this year I am going to do some crayfishing just for bait for bass fishing. I will probably want to get 10 or 20 and hookem as bait. And I just saw a lure by Larry Dahlberg the brand is river 2 sea I think and it is the most lifelike crayfish lure that I ever seen, check it out if you like to fish crayfish lures.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #22
SpeedBlueTaco0502 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
SpeedBlueTaco0502's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to SpeedBlueTaco0502
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi9-ze6da70
Old 04-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #23
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtaco View Post
Same thing here, only in streams. Never saw more then 100 in a day when I was young. And that was an all day on the stream. I wouldnt want to put a pot in the stream and wipe out all the crayfish (as they are called in NY).
I've seen more than 100 in a serving (single person) lol
Old 04-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #24

Reading up on Crayfish here, we have one known as a "Pacifastacus leniusculus." You can find them up all over California, from the Delta to Lake Tahoe. Well, I'm getting myself some pots!
Old 04-20-2012, 04:53 AM   #25
Cajun1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brooks
Cajun1's Tacoma Gallery
best crawfish i ever had was at my house!
Old 04-20-2012, 04:58 AM   #26
Cajun1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brooks
Cajun1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
lmfao wtf is this crackhead doing!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #28
BassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Dan
BassMaster06's Tacoma Gallery
If you're catching them in a river or creek, you can't really beat a Seine net, and you can usually catch a bunch of different things every time you scoop - minnows, crawfish, hellgramites, etc. You can use a seine net in a pond, but you're gonna get wet, and it always helps to have 2 or 3 people. My Dad used to make up these little scoop traps, which was fun and easy to do as a little kid, and very effective. Poke holes in the bottom of the can, attach a handle of some sort (he used bent up clothes hangers). They swim backwards, so you just flip over rocks until you find one, put the scoop behind him, and poke him with a stick, and he should swim straight backwards into the can. Bass love 'em!
Old 04-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #30
BassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Dan
BassMaster06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
One at a time! Now thats dedication!
Yea man, it was fun as a little kid. We'd go hit up the creek in the morning to get a couple dozen, then go float the river and tear up the smallmouth!
Old 02-15-2013, 11:23 PM   #31

What's a great bait to catch these bastards?