Notices

Crawfishing

Old 04-19-2012, 07:57 AM   #1
SpeedBlueTaco0502 is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
SpeedBlueTaco0502's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to SpeedBlueTaco0502
Crawfishing

I wanted to start a topic up on Crawfishing, if anyone does, post your traps here. I am getting interested in catching crawfish while fishing bass, trout and catfish.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-19-2012, 08:08 AM   #4
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
I like boiled crawfish in Louisiana, does that count?

I catch them in a big Ice Chest when they are dumped from the pot. then we polish them off real quick....damn I miss living there
Old 04-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #6
Cajun1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brooks
Cajun1's Tacoma Gallery
goodluck wit that tee
Old 04-19-2012, 08:15 AM   #8
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
every reply in this thread has been by people who live/have lived in LA haha
Old 04-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #10
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
yep, does that surprise you?

by the way: Best crawfish I have ever had was from The Hot Spot in Moss bluff (suburb of Lake Charles). Every time I go down during crawfish season we get 2 icechest full and we EAT. Last time I went down, I almost made it to a Lafayette meet....missed it by 2 hours
Old 04-19-2012, 08:18 AM   #12
More Cowbell!

VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Its what we do. Hell we have ponds behind the house. With the crawfish and Frogs he's asking about.
crawfish and frogs

just a couple of things that aren't nearly as good up here in starkville when im at school
Old 04-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by seksilumpia View Post
i heard there was a good spot somewhere along highway 5 OP,all my hmong friends always invite me all the time
LOL let me know where that spot is at dude! I know around south near Kern County has some too. I am looking at San Joaquin River as well.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:26 AM   #16
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
love me some crawdads! . . . but around here, you don't have much luck catching them on a big scale. mainly just grabbing some in a stream and boil them up. probably never had more that 10 at a time.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
Old 04-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
love me some crawdads! . . . but around here, you don't have much luck catching them on a big scale. mainly just grabbing some in a stream and boil them up. probably never had more that 10 at a time.
Same here, I'm not going Deadliest Catch and all...lol. I'll take about maybe 2 small pots, add beef livers in them, weigh it down with some rocks, and have it anchor to a tree.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #19
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedBlueTaco0502 View Post
Same here, I'm not going Deadliest Catch and all...lol. I'll take about maybe 2 small pots, add beef livers in them, weigh it down with some rocks, and have it anchor to a tree.

yeah i hear ya. honestly, being on TW has learned me that crawfish are spread out all over the country. i never knew. just figured it was more of a southern/eastern thing. . i know i saw a thread in the arizona section about a camping trip where they were talking about catching them.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #20
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
Same thing here, only in streams. Never saw more then 100 in a day when I was young. And that was an all day on the stream. I wouldnt want to put a pot in the stream and wipe out all the crayfish (as they are called in NY).