Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

fly fishing for bass.. fly pattern help

Old 05-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
TNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
TNDrew's Tacoma Gallery
fly fishing for bass.. fly pattern help

so this weekends fly fishing for bass didnt go so well... it was our first time on the lake in a new boat. We caught a few, but nothing to show off. So here is my question. Do yall have any specific fly patterns that work real well with bass? We threw clousers and decievers, poppers and buggers of all diferent sizes and colors. Nothing worked well. The tournament fishers said they were hitting rubber lizards and the like, Ive googled looking for a lizard pattern and all i find is the geezus lizard which is just a crawdad. Any non-topwater baitfish patterns or whatever would be great.. just a name of the pattern or youtube video that we could tie from.

thanks!
Old 05-10-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
Ron F. Swanson
JaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedJaSkynyrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JaSkynyrd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNDrew View Post
so this weekends fly fishing for bass didnt go so well... it was our first time on the lake in a new boat. We caught a few, but nothing to show off. So here is my question. Do yall have any specific fly patterns that work real well with bass? We threw clousers and decievers, poppers and buggers of all diferent sizes and colors. Nothing worked well. The tournament fishers said they were hitting rubber lizards and the like, Ive googled looking for a lizard pattern and all i find is the geezus lizard which is just a crawdad. Any non-topwater baitfish patterns or whatever would be great.. just a name of the pattern or youtube video that we could tie from.

thanks!

I would ask this question here.