Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Favorite Bass fishing bait?

Old 07-26-2012, 07:34 AM   #41
RI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to beholdRI Tacoma is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tim
RI Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Just picked up a couple MS Slammers, should be here by Monday.

Anyone ever try em? How did they do?

I know a guy who has caught some pigs on em
Old 08-31-2012, 06:54 PM   #42
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
I've just gotten into the world of jigs, rigs and lures.

I have tried gulp 1 inch minnows just slapped on a hook and had plenty of brim and small bass, much more than I ever have with live bait. I've tried hard lures in the past without luck.

Can anyone lead me in the right direction? I fish in mostly dark water like rivers and creeks.

Has anyone personally tired gulp alive minnows on small jigs and had luck?

It's funny how one day I'll catch seven bass along the bank and the next not even a bite.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #43
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
texas rigged black/blue tail worm/lizzard
Old 09-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #44
Leoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeoffensive is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Leo
Leoffensive's Tacoma Gallery
roboworm texas rig. color depends on water conditions
Old 09-01-2012, 05:20 PM   #45
Jojack is on a distinguished road

Name: Joel
Jojack's Tacoma Gallery
Zoom bubble gum trick worm! Yeah it's pink but the bass love it! Rigged Texas rig or whacky worm. No weight!
Old 09-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #46
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
After some trial and error, I have caught a ton of big bass with the wacky rigged Senko.

I'm finding it's more about where to fish rather than how to fish. At the river, I caught one pike and a few bluegill. Using the same methods at a private pond, I caught 14 nice bass without any effort.

Trying the zoom black worms in the morning wacky rigged, wish me luck!
Old 09-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #47
Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Black Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Killin' It with Storm baby (chug) bug!
Attached Thumbnails
Favorite Bass fishing bait?-089.jpg   Favorite Bass fishing bait?-090.jpg  
Old 09-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #49
Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks, you get spoiled and don't even want to catch largemouth anymore. They're definitely coming back in south Florida. They died off after a cold winter a few years back. Livin' the Dream! Lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Favorite Bass fishing bait?-115.jpg  
Old 09-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #53

The warmer the water, the better so Delray Beach south to Miami. Only 20 minutes south of West Palm.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:01 AM   #54
srsnow is on a distinguished road
srsnow's Tacoma Gallery
5" thin senko watermelon black flake wacky rigged. I am a huge fan the Strike King bitsy bug in 1/4 ounce, 4.5" robo worm in folkstead special/aarons magic drop shotted.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:21 AM   #55
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
texas rig and berely GULP! are the way to go. GULP alive is the best artificial bait I've ever used
Old 10-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #56
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CichliCole View Post
Live: Golden Milroach

Plastic: Black Scum frog

Or any one of a thousand colors of senko I keep on hand

Cole~

I want to find a spot that I can use huge live bait like that and catch some fish!!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 11:12 AM   #57
Tripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tripps2012's Tacoma Gallery
Zoom lizards in june bug and cherry seed Texas and Carolina rigged. I also like the trick worms with no weight around rip rap had the most luck with white and black.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:21 AM   #58
jeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeckel7234 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief 62 AMXS
Name: Drew
jeckel7234's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudman View Post
where can i get this?
Old 10-31-2012, 11:30 AM   #59
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Caught this............

and this..........

....in my neighborhood "lakes" using frozen weiners. Not sure how well that'd work in real lakes and have not heard of anyone winning bass tournaments using them but hey, cheap reusable & no stinky so OK for it's purpose in the hood, lol.......
Old 11-21-2012, 06:33 AM   #60
blitz is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
blitz's Tacoma Gallery
MS Slammer