1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Simms Blackfoot, opinions?

Discussion in 'Boating & Fishing' started by TNDrew, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Jun 24, 2012 at 5:32 AM
    TNDrew

TNDrew [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Chattanooga, TN
    Vehicle:
    '12 Reg Cab 4x4 Silver
    WeatherTech DigitalFit Liners, Bench Seat Angle Fixed, Fog Lights (Nokya 2500k HyperYellow bulbs), aFe ProDry drop in, DeeZee bed mat, UWS black low pro tool box, Marathon Seat Covers (ordered should arrive mid-May). iSimple iPod adapter, Blacked out badges, SockMonkey WhiteTail Toyota Horns decal, LED Dome and License Plate Lights (LEDSolutions), Black Headlight Mod,
    Im in the market for a set of fly fishing waders. I have been fishing out of a set of RedHead Neoprenes for the last month. I just really got addicted to fly fishing but have off and on for a year or so. But now its 2-3 trips to a local warm water river a week with a decent trout trip every other week or so. So here is my question. Have any of you used these waders or tried them on? Any opinions on them? The price tag of 150 is a plus. The name Simms usually is synonymous with quality and they are made right here in 'Mericuh. So those are my reasons for looking at them and possibly buying them. If anyone has suggestions on other brands around that price point <$150-$175 let me know. Thanks!

2. Nov 3, 2012 at 8:31 AM
    FlyFshr

FlyFshr Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern WA
    Vehicle:
    13 DC TRD OR
    AVS Bug/Rock Deflector, AVS Window Vent Shades, Clear Bra, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats, Snugtop Rebel Cap, Tacoma Bed Mat, Firestone Ride-Rite Air Suspension Bags, Map/Dome LEDs, Smittybilt Nerf Bars
    The price is right and Simms is synonomous quality. I went through Hodgemans and Cabelas before I went with the Simms G3s. Comfortable and durable. The G3s go for $449.00, if you can swing it, go with the G3s.

3. Nov 3, 2012 at 8:11 PM
    TNDrew

TNDrew [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Chattanooga, TN
    Vehicle:
    '12 Reg Cab 4x4 Silver
    WeatherTech DigitalFit Liners, Bench Seat Angle Fixed, Fog Lights (Nokya 2500k HyperYellow bulbs), aFe ProDry drop in, DeeZee bed mat, UWS black low pro tool box, Marathon Seat Covers (ordered should arrive mid-May). iSimple iPod adapter, Blacked out badges, SockMonkey WhiteTail Toyota Horns decal, LED Dome and License Plate Lights (LEDSolutions), Black Headlight Mod,
    I ended up buyin the blackfoot, but they leaked from the moment I got in the water.. I am waiting to see what Simms is going to do. The guy said they may replace them with Gortex ones.. I can only hope

4. Nov 4, 2012 at 7:31 AM
    FlyFshr

FlyFshr Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern WA
    Vehicle:
    13 DC TRD OR
    AVS Bug/Rock Deflector, AVS Window Vent Shades, Clear Bra, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats, Snugtop Rebel Cap, Tacoma Bed Mat, Firestone Ride-Rite Air Suspension Bags, Map/Dome LEDs, Smittybilt Nerf Bars
    Hopefully they'll give you the G3s, they hate it when bad reports about their products and customer service spreads around the fishing community. They'll take care of you.

Products Discussed in

To Top