Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Simms Blackfoot, opinions?

Old 06-24-2012, 06:32 AM   #1
TNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
TNDrew's Tacoma Gallery
Simms Blackfoot, opinions?

Im in the market for a set of fly fishing waders. I have been fishing out of a set of RedHead Neoprenes for the last month. I just really got addicted to fly fishing but have off and on for a year or so. But now its 2-3 trips to a local warm water river a week with a decent trout trip every other week or so. So here is my question. Have any of you used these waders or tried them on? Any opinions on them? The price tag of 150 is a plus. The name Simms usually is synonymous with quality and they are made right here in 'Mericuh. So those are my reasons for looking at them and possibly buying them. If anyone has suggestions on other brands around that price point <$150-$175 let me know. Thanks!
Old 11-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
FlyFshr has a spectacular aura aboutFlyFshr has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: SecFo/Comm Ret
FlyFshr's Tacoma Gallery
The price is right and Simms is synonomous quality. I went through Hodgemans and Cabelas before I went with the Simms G3s. Comfortable and durable. The G3s go for $449.00, if you can swing it, go with the G3s.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #3
TNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedTNDrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
TNDrew's Tacoma Gallery
I ended up buyin the blackfoot, but they leaked from the moment I got in the water.. I am waiting to see what Simms is going to do. The guy said they may replace them with Gortex ones.. I can only hope
Old 11-04-2012, 08:31 AM   #4
FlyFshr has a spectacular aura aboutFlyFshr has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: SecFo/Comm Ret
FlyFshr's Tacoma Gallery
Hopefully they'll give you the G3s, they hate it when bad reports about their products and customer service spreads around the fishing community. They'll take care of you.