Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

show off your fish

Old 07-09-2014, 10:53 AM   #2101
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I like to catch ANYTHING! But locally I can get Rockfish (preferred local species), snakehead, perch, bass, catfish, and the normal other freshwater gamefish. If I go out farther than 20min, closer to an hour drive, I can get the rest of the saltwater species. Croaker, round heads, perch, shark, etc.

Only specie I have really been keeping to eat is the rockfish and perch. Have always grown up on saltwater fish. Everytime I eat freshwater fish, they taste like the water they are in. Exceptions to that are the trout, and salmon I have caught.

I know of one spot to get LARGE walleye. We get a run of shad, american shad and herring. all mixed together. Cloudys up the river and they are thick in there. Swimming ass to tail.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:23 AM   #2102
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
@Skygear you have pics of the snakeheads your catching?
Old 07-09-2014, 11:41 AM   #2103
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
I'll look. Normally i get so many I forget to take pics. Big suckers too. By the time it is time to go, its pitch black and after midnight. I keep all of them, its the law... Give them to my neighbors and they give me a cooked one in return.

Caught a WORLD record a year or more ago. Somehow we messed up in the forms/ submission process. Didn't keep the fish, it turned into dinner.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:42 AM   #2104
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygear View Post
I'll look. Normally i get so many I forget to take pics. Big suckers too. By the time it is time to go, its pitch black and after midnight. I keep all of them, its the law... Give them to my neighbors and they give me a cooked one in return.

Caught a WORLD record a year or more ago. Somehow we messed up in the forms/ submission process. Didn't keep the fish, it turned into dinner.

Are they as vicious as the government says?
Old 07-09-2014, 11:52 AM   #2105
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
No. Media hyped that. just like the AR-15 -
Old 07-09-2014, 11:53 AM   #2106
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-09-2014, 11:55 AM   #2107
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-09-2014, 11:56 AM   #2108
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-09-2014, 11:57 AM   #2109

Holy shit that's a big fish
Old 07-09-2014, 11:57 AM   #2110
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery

Not me, had a buddy hold it for a pic for size reference.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:58 AM   #2111
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPreRunner View Post
Holy shit that's a big fish
I get em. I was fishing daily for over the past 10 years learning the spot and the habits.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:00 PM   #2112
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-09-2014, 12:00 PM   #2113
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-09-2014, 12:01 PM   #2114
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-09-2014, 12:11 PM   #2115
Redneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedneck92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Redneck92's Tacoma Gallery
These are from earlier this year at my buddy's farm. Needless to say I was excited when I caught these. Both females, the first fish was the second cast.

A few more I caught, some small fish.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:11 PM   #2116
          

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
They fight like a large Bass, or rockfish. Never had one 'snap' at me. I reach down and get them bare handed all the time.

In some of the countries they are a VERY expensive fish. I fill up 3 chest freezers full of them for the neighbors every year.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:39 AM   #2118
yeah...im a newbie
Andrew K is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
Andrew K's Tacoma Gallery
nice fish everyone. here are a few of the bigger ones from this spring that i caught.
Attached Thumbnails
show off your fish-sea-change-49-incher-_-04jun2014.jpg   show off your fish-andrew-46.jpg   show off your fish-andrew-40incher.jpg  
Old 07-10-2014, 12:22 PM   #2119
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottalot View Post
Cute little Trout.
Very nice