Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Northeast Stripers

Old 07-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
Chitoson has a spectacular aura aboutChitoson has a spectacular aura about
Chitoson's Tacoma Gallery
Northeast Stripers

Due to a hand injury my Striped bass fishing has been very limited. The spring season, by all accounts, was incredible but I was unable to fish for 8 weeks. I didn't catch my first keepers until two weeks ago and they were barely legal.

I went out last night and hit one of my favorite spots. Everything was set up nice but I knew I would have work for fish due to the time of year. I ended up catching two keeper sized fish, one 38 incher and another about 42 or 44.

I kept the 38 for my father and brother, the larger one went back to grow some more.

Anyway, anybody in the Northeast doing well with the Stripers? How was your Spring run?
Old 08-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #2
Rickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedRickshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rickshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitoson View Post
Due to a hand injury my Striped bass fishing has been very limited. The spring season, by all accounts, was incredible but I was unable to fish for 8 weeks. I didn't catch my first keepers until two weeks ago and they were barely legal.

I went out last night and hit one of my favorite spots. Everything was set up nice but I knew I would have work for fish due to the time of year. I ended up catching two keeper sized fish, one 38 incher and another about 42 or 44.

I kept the 38 for my father and brother, the larger one went back to grow some more.

Anyway, anybody in the Northeast doing well with the Stripers? How was your Spring run?

That's two nice fish! I bet that was fun reeling them in. Im working out of the country right now so my fishing has been on hold. I was back for vacation in late April and went out trolling with planer boards and got nothing. The past few times i've been out trolling before that have been unsuccesfull also. I need to pay the money to go out on a charter boat and get some ideas and advice. Right now at home is a good time for chumming but I guess i'll miss that too. Going to be home early September and going to go out and do alot of crabbing. Maybe even get out once to see if any croakers are left. We'll see.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
blitz is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
blitz's Tacoma Gallery
spring on the canal was crazy!

Old 12-02-2012, 07:22 PM   #5
Striper are very good to eat. Grilled, stuffed + baked, broiled, fried, it's hard to cook them wrong.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:12 AM   #7

blitz's Tacoma Gallery
my best november canal fish

Old 12-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #8
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz View Post

Very I have fished the Canal and haven't had a keeper yet. Nicely done
Old 12-06-2012, 07:18 AM   #9
BostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedBostonBilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
BostonBilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitoson View Post
Striper are very good to eat. Grilled, stuffed + baked, broiled, fried, it's hard to cook them wrong.
X2 one of my favorite fish
Old 12-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #10
Swimmerboy2112 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
Swimmerboy2112's Tacoma Gallery
Got these a few years back;

48" 40lbs

Old 12-06-2012, 07:52 AM   #11
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Some nice fish in here!
Old 12-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #12

blitz's Tacoma Gallery
boat fish dont count
Old 12-06-2012, 07:05 PM   #14
Quote:
boat fish dont count
Oh man, here we go.

I would love to catch some of those tuna, that don't count, you post pictures of.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #15
Sloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedSloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
Sloth's Tacoma Gallery
Went out in duxbury harbor 4 times this year in the kayak striper fishing. Chased a bunch of blitzes, but no keepers. Mostly blues hitting my bait/ lures
Old 01-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #16
tacohound is on a distinguished road

Name: Andy
tacohound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I finally found you kevin! I knew I would eventually! MMWwwahahahaha
Old 01-04-2013, 05:27 AM   #17

blitz's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-08-2013, 08:21 AM   #18
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
Name: Tanner
takern's Tacoma Gallery
Good lookin fish there. I caught my first striper last week at Smith Mountain Lake. Not a monster like those but i'm proud of it. Caught it on a jighead fluke slow rollin it with 8lb line on a spinnin reel. damn those things can fight! also caught a 4lb largemouth.
Attached Thumbnails
Northeast Stripers-249957_10200324307934172_462585784_n.jpg  
Old 01-09-2013, 05:01 AM   #19

blitz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by takern View Post
Good lookin fish there. I caught my first striper last week at Smith Mountain Lake. Not a monster like those but i'm proud of it. Caught it on a jighead fluke slow rollin it with 8lb line on a spinnin reel. damn those things can fight! also caught a 4lb largemouth.
8lb line
Old 01-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #20
tacohound is on a distinguished road

Name: Andy
tacohound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by takern View Post
Nice job