1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

A sad day

Discussion in 'Boating & Fishing' started by Chitoson, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Sep 5, 2012 at 7:35 PM
    Chitoson

Chitoson [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    12 SR5 DCSB - 23 TRDOR DCSB
    After six years I just sold my 13 foot Boston Whaler. I picked the boat up in 2006 and it need a good amount of work. I repowered with a new 4-stroke, refinished the wood, re-wired, and made it a fishing machine.

Me, my family, and my friends have had some great times and made some incredible memories in that boat. Fortunately or unfortunately I did a good job on the boat and my father fell in love with it.

When he returned form the Philippines this year he asked if he could buy the Whaler. He wanted to ship the boat back to the islands.

My Pop is 77 years old and still mentally sharp but the thought of him having a boat out there terrified me. But, at this point in his life I believe he has earned the right to have anything he wants. I talked with my brothers and sister and they believe I did the right thing.

So, on Friday night, I towed the Whaler for the last time. My brother and I loaded her into a shipping container. The next time sunlight hits her deck she will be on an island in the South Pacific.

2. Sep 5, 2012 at 7:43 PM
    SpruceTaco

SpruceTaco トヨタ

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Clearwater, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Spruce Mica TRD Sport
    Tinted windows 5%, sill protectors, TRD stubby antenna, weathertech in channel rain guards, wheathertech floor mats, BHLM, Truxedo low pro qt, DTRL deleted, anytime backup camera, bed storage locks, fog lights on anytime, tailgate theft deterrent, painted engine cover, relocated horns, l.e.d bed lights, l.e.d engine bay lights, l.e.d lights above cup holders, in glove box, rear cup holder, in console storage & cubby next to steering wheel, Grillcraft grill, 17x8.5 SCS Ray10's, 35x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Borla cat back exhaust, map & dome l.e.d's, TEQ badge on grill, Redline tuning hood struts, Maxtrac spindles, SPC Light Racing UCA's, Bilstein 5100's front set at 0 with OME 885's & extended length Bilstein 5100's in the rear, All Pro expedition leaf springs & 2" blocks, extended brake lines front & rear, 1.5" 4crawler drive shaft spacer, Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers on rear, Kenwood DNX570 touchscreen with navigation, 30" led light bar in lower bumper opening, 1/4" top plate spacer drivers side, Bullet Proof Fabricating skid plate, Cali Raised ditch lights & Rago f Fabrication brackets, Amp Research power steps, smoked l.e.d 3rd brake light, Wet Okole seat covers, under cab LED'S tied to dome circuit
    I think you did a good thing, he will enjoy it.

3. Sep 5, 2012 at 7:48 PM
    buzzard1992

buzzard1992 Yep

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Summerville, SC
    Vehicle:
    01 4wd trd, 255/85/16 km2s
    5100's with eibachs. And 255/85/16 km2s
    I've always loved the 13 whalers. I wanted one but ended up gettin a 14 Malibu. I think you did the right thing. There are always plenty of them for sale if you wanna get another

4. Sep 6, 2012 at 8:07 PM
    Chitoson

Chitoson [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    MA
    Vehicle:
    12 SR5 DCSB - 23 TRDOR DCSB
    Thanks guys. It was actually a bitter sweet moment in time. It is great to see my Pop so excited about something at his age.

I knew sooner or later I will pick up a new boat, I just expected it to be later.

Hopefully I can get to the islands sometime next year to spend some time on the boat with my pop.

Products Discussed in

To Top