Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

I NEED a new boat....

Old 10-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
I NEED a new boat....

Fall is coming quick here...

and this is my favorite time to fish. (it's just too damn hot here in summer anymore for this old man)

it's also the 1st fall in decades w/o a boat. and I''ve had some awesome rigs. (Mako, Pathfinder, Maverick)

but, currently cash thin and need a reasonable little rig.

I'm giving Alumacraft a serious look. The Fisherman 160 w/ a Yamaha 25HP tiller would fit my redfish...jack...and trout fishing needs nicely. it also would fit my budget.

I have never owned an aluminum boat. but the light weight and low cost has got my interest.

Any of you guys fish gulf coast salt water bays (Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana) out of an aluminum skiff?
Old 10-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
Larry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarry is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Aluminum boat owners????
Old 10-03-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I can't speak for how it will work down in Florida, but I've fished out of aluminum boats that size in the past in the bays up here in the NE. Someone may be better to give input but I don't see why it wouldn't work for you. I almost bought a new 16' Alumacraft with a 50hp motor before I found my used 18' Sea Pro center console.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:03 PM   #4
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtav2002 View Post
I can't speak for how it will work down in Florida, but I've fished out of aluminum boats that size in the past in the bays up here in the NE. Someone may be better to give input but I don't see why it wouldn't work for you. I almost bought a new 16' Alumacraft with a 50hp motor before I found my used 18' Sea Pro center console.
Thanks Josh

I see more aluminum boats around here than I used to. My last skiff was a Maverick...nice rig, but I can not afford a 30 thousand dollar 16 foot boat nowadays.

The Alumacraft I have my eye on is under 10K brand new. And the layout is perfect for my needs.

I just need to convince the wife it's perfect for her needs as well.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #5
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm sure if the price is right it will fit her needs haha.

Looking at a console steer or tiller steer model?
Old 10-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #6
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
my dad has that same boat..loves it.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:56 PM   #7
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm sure if the price is right it will fit her needs haha.

Looking at a console steer or tiller steer model?
tiller

I like the openness and simplicity.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:24 PM   #8
Kenny Fuckin Powers

Did you ever end up picking a boat up?
Old 11-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #10
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
make sure it is all welded. rivets will come out easily
Old 11-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #11
Larry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Did you ever end up picking a boat up?
nope
because of my broken ankles...upon my last Dr. visit...she recommended I stay away from boats for a while longer.

and...vvv
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard1992 View Post
make sure it is all welded. rivets will come out easily
correct.

after further investigation, I find the Alumacraft Fisherman 160 has rivets. too bad because I really like the layout.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #12
tango59 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
tango59's Tacoma Gallery
Well ??? My last aluminium boat was an all welded Bass America "Stick Steer" with a 25hp motor. Absouletly the best fishing boat I ever owned. Sold it to my brother several years ago and after 18 years, it's still going strong in S.C. brackish water.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:27 AM   #13
blitz is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
blitz's Tacoma Gallery
I caught my first blue fin tuna out of my 16' aluminum. It was a Lund 16' mr. Pike with a Yamaha 80hp four stroke. We used to take that thing out in some pretty rough shit, but when it was calm it would do about 60mph. Man I miss that thing