1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anybody else here have a FishCat?

Discussion in 'Boating & Fishing' started by ExOkie, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Oct 7, 2012 at 8:26 PM
    ExOkie

ExOkie [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Denver Metro
    Vehicle:
    02 Red TRD
    Deckplate Mod, Airaid Intake Hose and Filter Kit, Leer 100R Camper Shell, WeatherTech floor mats, WeatherTech bug deflector, WeatherTech window deflectors
    [​IMG]

I bought this one recently. It's a 9' Deluxe (that's what it says on the shipping declaration). It's in great shape. No rust anywhere and looks hardly used. I bought it for a steelhead fishing trip on the Klamath River in Northern California in a couple of weeks. On the suggestion of the former owner I bought some Oar Locks (to keep the oars vertical when paddling) and a pontoon emergency repair kit. Anybody else have suggestions for what I'll need for it?

2. Oct 29, 2012 at 3:20 PM
    FlyFshr

FlyFshr Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern WA
    Vehicle:
    13 DC TRD OR
    AVS Bug/Rock Deflector, AVS Window Vent Shades, Clear Bra, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats, Snugtop Rebel Cap, Tacoma Bed Mat, Firestone Ride-Rite Air Suspension Bags, Map/Dome LEDs, Smittybilt Nerf Bars
    Nice boat! I don't have a fishcat but have one made by them for Sportsman Wharehouse. Anyone in your group taking along a spare oar? Might want to think about that. A PFD is a must also, I have a Cabelas self inflating, very comfortable to wear. Have fun.

3. Dec 16, 2012 at 5:34 PM
    ffirg

ffirg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma SR5 TRD 4X4
    $$$
    I have an 10' Outcast. I'd definitely recommend a spare oar. I am not an inexperience oarsmen at all, but the first time I used it I had my oar blade hit a the bottom and pop out and fall in the water as I was going around a very fast/dangerous bend. I blindly reached in the water up to my elbow and grabbed it luckily. I haven't gone out without one since. The oarlocks on my boat seem to be very soft brass so I had to bend them back so it wouldn't pop out as easy.

Other things I carry are a roll of duct tape, some Tear-Aid for repairing the inner bladder, and a full repair kit with sand paper, glue, and PVC patches. I also have a tiny bottle of silicone spray to lube up the bushings on the oarlocks because they get extremely squeeky sometimes.

I'd add a good safety whistle to your life jacket as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top