Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Anybody else here have a FishCat?

Old 10-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
ExOkie is on a distinguished road

Name: Gary
ExOkie's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody else here have a FishCat?

I bought this one recently. It's a 9' Deluxe (that's what it says on the shipping declaration). It's in great shape. No rust anywhere and looks hardly used. I bought it for a steelhead fishing trip on the Klamath River in Northern California in a couple of weeks. On the suggestion of the former owner I bought some Oar Locks (to keep the oars vertical when paddling) and a pontoon emergency repair kit. Anybody else have suggestions for what I'll need for it?
Old 10-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
FlyFshr has a spectacular aura aboutFlyFshr has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: SecFo/Comm Ret
FlyFshr's Tacoma Gallery
Nice boat! I don't have a fishcat but have one made by them for Sportsman Wharehouse. Anyone in your group taking along a spare oar? Might want to think about that. A PFD is a must also, I have a Cabelas self inflating, very comfortable to wear. Have fun.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:34 PM   #3
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
I have an 10' Outcast. I'd definitely recommend a spare oar. I am not an inexperience oarsmen at all, but the first time I used it I had my oar blade hit a the bottom and pop out and fall in the water as I was going around a very fast/dangerous bend. I blindly reached in the water up to my elbow and grabbed it luckily. I haven't gone out without one since. The oarlocks on my boat seem to be very soft brass so I had to bend them back so it wouldn't pop out as easy.

Other things I carry are a roll of duct tape, some Tear-Aid for repairing the inner bladder, and a full repair kit with sand paper, glue, and PVC patches. I also have a tiny bottle of silicone spray to lube up the bushings on the oarlocks because they get extremely squeeky sometimes.

I'd add a good safety whistle to your life jacket as well.