Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Fly Fishing BS thread

Old 07-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #281
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeChris View Post
Where are you headed?
Staying in mammoth. Most of the spots we go are between Bishop and Bridgeport. Don't want to get too specific on a public internet forum
Old 07-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #282
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Happy to be more specific via PM tho....
Old 07-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #283
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Happy to be more specific via PM tho....
Don't you have beer to drink rather then be secretive
Old 07-15-2013, 07:04 PM   #284
curmudgeon

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPreRunner View Post
Don't you have beer to drink rather then be secretive
haha good call - haven't even cracked open a beer yet tonight! Headed to the fridge now

PS how's the fly fishing out in texas?
Old 07-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #285
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
haha good call - haven't even cracked open a beer yet tonight! Headed to the fridge now

PS how's the fly fishing out in texas?
It's good man, I stick to ponds alot but iv fished the Guadalupe river a couple times and caught bass and some rainbows, if i take out the big gun i go to
The coast and fish for reds and thats the best but I mainly fish Florida when I visit family.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:37 PM   #286
curmudgeon

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPreRunner View Post
It's good man, I stick to ponds alot but iv fished the Guadalupe river a couple times and caught bass and some rainbows, if i take out the big gun i go to
The coast and fish for reds and thats the best but I mainly fish Florida when I visit family.
Right on buddy!
Old 07-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #287
curmudgeon

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Hagen! Beautiful scenery. That's my favorite sort of fishing - deep in the backcountry on backpacking trips. At least in the sierras I've never caught any monsters on those trips - but it's so fun!

I almost posted some pics from a recent trip I went on, but then I saw tahoechris's monster's
Old 07-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #288
TahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
TahoeChris's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet pics Hagen. I wish I had more time to back pack. TimmyB if you happen to find yourself in the Lake Tahoe area we should fish. Carp are fun too.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #289
curmudgeon

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeChris View Post
Sweet pics Hagen. I wish I had more time to back pack. TimmyB if you happen to find yourself in the Lake Tahoe area we should fish. Carp are fun too.
That'd be awesome! Love it up there - used to do a handful of trips a year when I was living in the bay area. I applied for a job in tahoe recently but didn't get it .
Old 07-21-2013, 04:23 PM   #290
hellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hellsbay's Tacoma Gallery
Wow! Looking at this thread brought back a rush of memories. For several years now I have not been able to fish due to rotator cuff injuries. I just had my shoulder rebuilt a couple of weeks ago and now I am thinking that I may be able to fish again in 6 month or so. I have fished since I could ride a bike down to Biscayne Bay. Lots of fishing in Montana and Wyoming and a little in Alaska. My real love is salt water back country flyfishing.

[IMG]
[/IMG]

Old 07-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #291
curmudgeon

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Caught my first fish today on a fly that I tied!

Was fishing dry's this morning but decided to do a hopper dropper to test some of the midge patterns I made. Caught three on my pattern before getting broken off
Old 07-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #292

I'm looking to get a badass cooler for fishing, what are you guys using. I know there are better choices than a yeti out there
Old 08-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #293
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
There may be better coolers out there than a Yeti, but I don't know of them. My Yeti is awesome. If you want the same design but don't want a Yeti, you can get an Orca. they come in a cool forest green color.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #294
TahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
TahoeChris's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFshr View Post
I caught this rainbow on the Spokane River using a new pattern for me. I saw the pattern on a website and tied some. It's a CDC Prince Nymph. A normal prince with a CDC color. The bow was about 20". Really put a bend in my 4wt TFO Finesse.

Here's the CDC Prince Nymph pattern used, tied by me.

I was fortunate this past June to take a 5 day float trip on the Smith River (MT). The river was up and off color but we still caught fish. This browny fell victim to an olive/white double bunny streamer.

That's awesome. We had permits for the last week in may and the river hadn't come up enough. Thanks for the pic. I was pretty bummed we didn't make it this year.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #295
Bad Spuller
Beavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeavis0076 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Beavis
Beavis0076's Tacoma Gallery
fished the yakima canyon this weekend.. caught quite a few, missed quite a few.. here is a pic my wife took of my best one of the weekend.

Untitled by beavis0076, on Flickr
Old 08-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #296
PuffDr4gon is one of the sharper tools in the shedPuffDr4gon is one of the sharper tools in the shedPuffDr4gon is one of the sharper tools in the shedPuffDr4gon is one of the sharper tools in the shedPuffDr4gon is one of the sharper tools in the shedPuffDr4gon is one of the sharper tools in the shedPuffDr4gon is one of the sharper tools in the shedPuffDr4gon is one of the sharper tools in the shedPuffDr4gon is one of the sharper tools in the shedPuffDr4gon is one of the sharper tools in the shedPuffDr4gon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
PuffDr4gon's Tacoma Gallery
Heading to Belize this Saturday for a week! Hoping to land some Bonefish, Permit and Tarpon. Maybe a Cuda or two. Wish me luck! I'll post some pics when I get back.

Tight lines!
Old 08-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #297
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffDr4gon View Post
Heading to Belize this Saturday for a week! Hoping to land some Bonefish, Permit and Tarpon. Maybe a Cuda or two. Wish me luck! I'll post some pics when I get back.

Tight lines!

Hittin the Reef this weekend, will report back.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #298
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, me and the girl are going to be floating friday-sunday.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:40 AM   #299
902TRD is on a distinguished road
902TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Love this thread!! Here are a few from my fly fishing trips in Nova Scotia, Canada. I mainly target Speckled, Rainbow and Brown Trout as well as Atlantic Salmon.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:10 AM   #300
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 902TRD View Post

This pic is badass! Taco/fishing calendar shot right there.