Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Boating & Fishing

Notices

Fly Fishing BS thread

Old 12-18-2013, 12:28 PM   #361
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Nice catches man, fly fishing is worse than tw to your wallet keep the hold on your wallet tight haha
Old 12-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #362
550kawirider is on a distinguished road

Name: Bryceson
550kawirider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPreRunner View Post
Nice catches man, fly fishing is worse than tw to your wallet keep the hold on your wallet tight haha
I know it! I was a slow day in the duck blind so we went to the river.... from the river I went straight to the fly shop and bought everything from waders to bags to a fly rod setup... I need to stop hanging around my friends! My wallet hates it
Old 01-08-2014, 09:01 PM   #363
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Man I just wish we had water like that around here. Most of the places I fish are 4-6hrs away. Going to give salt-water a go this weekend. Never fished that before with a fly.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:37 PM   #364
tri2hunt is on a distinguished road
Name: Micah
tri2hunt's Tacoma Gallery
Looks fun!!!
Old 01-08-2014, 10:55 PM   #365
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
I am really grateful for Wyoming but still wish some waters were closer to where I live . I never got the chance to fish salt water! It looks like a lot of fun though. I am hoping to fish this for a week over spring break .

SO

I've been keeping an eye out for work out that way... no luck so far lol

We've still got some nice water out here too... if you know where to go . This is where I normally drive to:

In the summer it's the high country... but with the lack of snow this year, it's going to be "interesting"
Old 01-09-2014, 04:18 AM   #366
JDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDeLuca is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
JDeLuca's Tacoma Gallery
Fly Fishing BS thread-image.jpgi have been fishing most of the Winter, coldest I went out was 17 degrees. Only able to fish for a hour or so, hands get too cold. Catching some nice fish
Old 01-12-2014, 08:12 AM   #367
Huntfish21 is on a distinguished road
Huntfish21's Tacoma Gallery
Could somebody tell me what the name of this fly is?
Attached Thumbnails
Fly Fishing BS thread-image.jpg  
Old 01-12-2014, 08:13 AM   #368
Huntfish21 is on a distinguished road
Huntfish21's Tacoma Gallery
Another pic
Attached Thumbnails
Fly Fishing BS thread-image.jpg  
Old 01-12-2014, 11:16 AM   #369
Bobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant future
Army:
Name: Bob
Bobcape's Tacoma Gallery
I've been addicted for about 18 years. The best part for me is the beautiful places fly fishing takes you!

Big Horns, WY.

Big Horns, WY.

Black Hills, SD.

Bob
Old 01-12-2014, 11:31 AM   #371
Bobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant futureBobcape has a brilliant future
Army:
Bobcape's Tacoma Gallery
A few more.

Big Hole River Twin Bridges, MT.

Big Hole. Twin Bridges, MT.

My first Dolly Varden. Kenai River, AK.

Floating the Kenai in AK.

Waiting for the plane at the confluence of the Upper Russian River, AK.

Upper Russian, AK.

Bob
Old 01-12-2014, 11:37 AM   #372
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Ha. Before reading the captions I knew that was a Kenai Dolly.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:40 AM   #373
Army:
Bobcape's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infra View Post
Nice pictures Bob. Where might they have been shot?
South Dakota, Wyoming, Montana and Alaska. I'll go back and label them.

Bob
Old 01-12-2014, 11:57 AM   #374
Army:
Bobcape's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I am really grateful for Wyoming but still wish some waters were closer to where I live . I never got the chance to fish salt water! It looks like a lot of fun though. I am hoping to fish this for a week over spring break .

What water is this? In the Winds?

Bob
Old 01-13-2014, 02:08 PM   #376
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
The winds are on my to do list this summer, so sick!
Old 01-13-2014, 02:12 PM   #377
Army:
Bobcape's Tacoma Gallery
If you haven't been there before, make sure you check out the "Sink and the Rise" outside of Lander. Pretty cool.

Bob
Old 01-13-2014, 02:32 PM   #379
Banned
Infra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jason
Infra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anyone else been wanting to get out but can't with the weather ? Just sitting here watching videos and waiting for spring. I think I am going to pick up a gopro and some video equipment to make a video next spring/summer.

http://youtu.be/jmsxtidcXso

Those guys make some great video's! They inspire me to find new places to fish when I make my annual trip to Montana.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:34 PM   #380
Banned
Infra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shedInfra is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Jason
Infra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I wish we had took more time off the trails and spent more time on the water!

Dude if you don't bail on me, just wait for the Bob trip this summer. I promise you that it is going to be some of the best fishing you have ever done in your entire life baby taco!